• Yeongam (Korea)

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • Interlagos (Brazil)

Votes: 28 24.6%
  • Yas Marina (Abu Dhabi)

Votes: 18 15.8%

• Total voters
Shaggy_Alonso
Please pick your five favourites to drive in this game, and not necessarily in real life.

My picks were:

Shanghai - There's something about those first two sectors, they place a particular premium on getting good traction out of the slow corners. The racing line to use isn't obvious, in fact many different lines can be used. Very technical circuit.

Silverstone - A circuit with an amazing rhythm and flow IMO, captured in this game much better than any other i've played previously. The only thing Silverstone lacks is elevation changes and blind corners.

Spa - An absolute joy from start to finish, the highlight of which is the long fast right-left of the Fagnes chicane IMO.

Marina Bay - Probably the most difficult circuit in the game, so many places to spin and plant your car in the wall, requires so much concentration but is ultimately very rewarding.

Interlagos - Another amazing circuit with a great rhythm to it. There's just something fun about riding all the kerbs knowing that they're all friendly and inviting, and necessary for the best lap time.

Last edited:
Bahrain is a layout I know well now, i've always liked the track.

Melbourne is also very nice, it has a nice rhythm to it.

Monaco is so much fun in this game, the sense of speed is fantastic. Anthony Davidson's description was spot on.

Montreal is a track i've liked since F1:CE. It's fun, provides good racing, and it's easy.

Abu Dhabi is also very fun in this game. Good overtaking. Not really so good in the 3rd sector though.

I basically like circuits with high speed corners, so I stick with Spa, Monza, Silverstone, Interlagos and Montreal. I find them very challenging in the way that you can always get more out from these corners, in order to improve the lap time. Driving a single inch out of the proper line will lead into lots and lots of time lost.

Oh, I also basically hate circuits designed by Tilke.

Montreal is by far and away my favourite track on the game too, can really get a sense of speed there AND overtaking is possible, eat that Monaco.

After that, I really like Istanbul just for the undulations and Turn 8. I get a real sense of 'ZOMG this happened here!' whenever I drive a Red Bull down the back straight. :sly:

Then after that in no particular order;

Melbourne - Great track for overtaking and the weather is usually a mixed bag I find.

Interlagos - Sector two is a joy to drive through, you can really feel how good the car performs (Or how bad!). Also, the front 'straight' is absolute classic, the height of those grandstands!

Spa - Eau Rouge, simple enough.

(Note: Silverstone would get my vote if it still had Abbey/Bridge/Priory and not that stupid infield 'arena' section. :grumpy:)

All the tracks are great on this game, but if I had to select 5, the ones that would come out on top would be:

Hockenheimring I really enjoy driving this track, even though it's a short lap. It's fast, flowing, and the Stadium section and Turn 1 is great to drive, for me anyway.

Spa Francorchamps It's Spa, it has so many great corners such as Eau Rouge, Blanchimont and Bruxelles which is a tough corner to tackle, espesically on a damp track.

Marina Bay I find it the most enjoyable street circuit on F1 2010. Monaco is very very hard and I find Valencia rather boring so Marina Bay is the best street circuit IMO. It requires maximum concentration otherwise your in the barrier.

Suzuka Another great circuit. I really enjoy driving sector 1, with the Suzuka Esses. It has a great flow and rythm, and is demanding, and requires a good setup to suceed. It also has the tricky hairpin which follows on the 2nd Degner.

Yas Marina Although new, and quite boring when watching the real race, I really enjoy driving this track, as it is forgiving in some places, however, this is taken back by its 'slippy' kerbs. Great track to drive IMO.

These are just my top 5. I also enjoy Montreal, Silverstone and Yeongam.

In ranking order:
5) Interlagos - Excellent track. Love turn 1. Great sense of speed and flows well. Classic.
4) Silverstone - The whole track is great, and flows really well. I miss the old Silverstone though..
3) Suzuka - Fabulous track. The Esses, the thrill of Degner 1 & 2, Spoon, just awesome.
2) Spa Francorchamps - Eau Rouge! Eau. Rouge. Need I say more!?
1) Monaco - Epic track. Just epic. When driving here you are constantly on the edge. Once mistake and your done for. Thrilling to drive.

Spa. Eau Rouge is the de facto F1 corner. Did you know the monocoques pass through more safely if they take it flat out? Because of the downforce and thus the turning ability.

Spa. Eau Rouge is the de facto F1 corner. Did you know the monocoques pass through more safely if they take it flat out? Because of the downforce and thus the turning ability.

Except if they bottom out. Then there are issues.

Hmm...
1. Bahrain... new section tricky and love it!
2. Melbourne... always loved this circuit...
3. Montreal... always exciting track rips up and thus crashes... not bad in game either
4. Marina Bay... Just love it simple as!
5. Budapest... Dunno why but it is fun

1. Monaco... How could it be anything else?
2. Melbourne... I am Australian and the track flows nicely
3. Spa... Because its Spa
4. Suzuka... Fast, flowing, amazing
5. Yas Marina... Not so much the layout itself but the track just feels special. Maybe its the hotel...

Bee
(Note: Silverstone would get my vote if it still had Abbey/Bridge/Priory and not that stupid infield 'arena' section. :grumpy:)
So you'd like a chicane, a corner that has had all the challenge taken out of it by aerodynamic grip, and then a burbling single-file-only double hairpin rather than two high speed corners, an overtaking opportunity and then a straight almost as long as Hangar?

I think I can vote now. I am finishing up my second season so I have my love and hate tracks. I have to go with Spa, Montreal, and Bahrain in that order. My worst is Catalunya. It use to be Singapore but I have gotten alot better at it.

So you'd like a chicane, a corner that has had all the challenge taken out of it by aerodynamic grip, and then a burbling single-file-only double hairpin rather than two high speed corners, an overtaking opportunity and then a straight almost as long as Hangar?

I got lost after the bold bit... :dopey:

In most other games, I would be saying Hungary and Monaco as part of my top 5. But Codemasters screwed them up. :grumpy:

So, instead my favourite tracks tend to be ones that I find an easy rhythm on and that I tend to be quite fast at. These are: Montreal, Shanghai, Melbourne, Valencia and Spa-Francorchamps. They also all present some overtaking opportunities as they all feature corners which you can screw up quite easily by taking the wrong line and they all feature corners whose braking points I can leave quite late. Conversely, I also find it easy to battle for position and defend on these tracks. Basically they all allow me to battle, which I feel is my strength rather than outright pace but at the same time I'm fast enough at these circuits that my battles last a bit longer than 1 or 2 corners.

I got lost after the bold bit... :dopey:
Bee said he missed Silverstone because of the Abbey-Bridge-Priory sequence. But Abbey was little more than a glorified chicane after Pedro Lamy's massive accident there in the 1990s, until the new configuration made it a fast right-hander. And while Bridge used to pose a challenge, like Eau Rouge it has become a shadow of its former self as increasing levels of aerodynamic mean drivers simply have to put their foot down and think about something else; they don't have to balance the throttle through the corner anymore. And the final sequence, through Priory and Brooklands and Luffield was little more than a single-file-only section with the cars queuing up to navigate the double-hairpin.

I agree about Monaco. I just don't enjoy the way it plays on this game. My favorites would have to be Melbourne, Montreal, and Monza.

I love the undulation of SAO PAULO and I especialy like the super wide kerbs, for me this track is top 5 depending on moods.

I love YAS MARINA for it's double, triple, quadruple apex's that due to being mostly squared off make the track dance from side to side underneath you.

I love MONTREAL for giving you time to breath between it's technical sections
and keeping a wide feel even though it's closed in.

I love SPA for it's drive in through countryside type feel and also the flow.

I love Silverstone for it's high speed flow and flat feeling also it's long and short corners in equal mesure.

I love SUZUKA for it's technical dificuality and unforgiving nature, a real drivers challange.

For me having only completed up to Singapore in career I have already found my 5 favourites.
1) Monaco - Its Monaco sure the physics with the barriers could do with a little work but Spa is the only track that comes close to it in terms of history as well as that feeling you get when you pull off a perfect lap.

2) Spa - Eau Rouge. High speed and flowing, pity about the bus stop being completely screwed.

3) Melbourne - Home track, flows well just a fun place to drive.

4) Monza - Big speed very few corners and Ascari

5) Either Montreal or Hockenheim - Montreal is a fairly easy yet fun track and Hockenheim is also fun with good battles with the AI

Latest Posts

Back