Votes: 33 28.9%
  • Yeongam (Korea)

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • Interlagos (Brazil)

Votes: 28 24.6%
  • Yas Marina (Abu Dhabi)

Votes: 18 15.8%

• Total voters
I have to say, I was practicing at Silverstone yesterday and it reminded me of just how amazing it is once you're in the groove. So long as you can find the correct way of going through Maggots and Beckets, then it's a joy from start to finish. I just love the rhythm of it, especially from the Hangar Straight right up until the new Wellington straight. I just love Stowe corner as well, you've just got to hang on in there through it and if you get on the throttle early out of it you get this squirt of oversteer just like the one Hamilton had in this lap - skip to 35 seconds in:

It's epic 👍

I have to say that I love the new section in Silverstone...I think it add's some more excitment 👍

I don't really see how Marina Bay is so hard, I find it pretty easy. Took pole and victory there in a HRT in career, of course on the hardest difficulty.

Monaco is without a doubt one of the best tracks in the game, as well as the most challenging. It has such an amazing flow to it, and the sense of speed in immense. You really need quite the reaction time to do a quick lap. You need to be on your toes under braking so as to not lock up, and on your toes on the throttle as well. You just can't ever take your mind off the racing or that could be it. A win at Monaco is the best win you can get, that's why when I won there in a Sauber from pole, I was over the moon.

Spa is a blast from start to finish. The thing about high speed tracks is that you want to push the extra inch to get that extra tenth, but if you're even a hair off line, that's it.

Wow so few people like Yeongam. Personally it's really fun for me and I learnt it in about 5 laps. I don't find it too hard. I did a 1:34.xxx lap time online.

Wow so few people like Yeongam. Personally it's really fun for me and I learnt it in about 5 laps. I don't find it too hard. I did a 1:34.xxx lap time online.

Yep the final sector is absolutely mega, probably the most rhythmic section of tarmac in the whole calender, although not very diverse, a lot of similar corners. The first sector though is just utter turd 👎

Really? I like sector 2 best, I don't mind sector 1. Sector 3 is too awkward, there is only really one good line through that section, so you can't really fight for positions and the line is too stop-start, you build up speed then have to slow and turn tightly constantly. The braking points for each corner are in the middle of the previous corner and the general racing line is quite scruffy.
Sector 3 is where everyone online makes mistakes though, its very easy to get a little ambitious with the speed you take each corner, especially when you are trying to catch the guy in front, so consequently everyone seems to always spin or crash in this bit.

Sector 2 on the other hand allows great battling with swapping places and allows a little bit of deviation of racing line and braking points. Taking turns 7/8 flat is a great feeling when you nail it.

As a whole, I don't mind the track, not really one of my favourites, sector 1 is just there to outbrake the AI and sector 3 is too awkward. I find it quite difficult to put together a really spot on qualifying lap but I find it very easy to settle into a race pace, purely because trying to find some extra time in sector 3 is incredibly difficult but simply driving within your limits is easy. Its not really the line you take its more the speed you take.

Also, because it comes straight after Suzuka, I can only ever fall into the trap of comparing the two....Suzuka is a dream to drive in comparison.

I'm not a fan of Monza myself, it has three great turns. Parabolica and the Lesmos, which are an absolute joy to drive, but everything else is straight or chicane and it's just a little tedious for my liking.

I'm not a fan of Monza myself, it has three great turns. Parabolica and the Lesmos, which are an absolute joy to drive, but everything else is straight or chicane and it's just a little tedious for my liking.

When I see you...remind me to go over your head with a wet brick.

Tedious. How dare you? :P

-------

If I had to pick one for the sake of this posting...it'd have to be Monz -- no -- Suz -- no, I don't know. I'm just going to randomly say Monza because I held the number three spot on the PC leaderboards, in wet conditions. And, no, I didn't cut any corners. :D

1. Montreal, because it's where Lewis Hamilton took his first ever Pole Position and Race Win of his career back in 2007. Because I am a HUGE Lewis Hamilton fan I race around there all the time because it's now a special track to me and I just nail it every time I drive there, one of the top players on the Xbox 360 Leaderboards.

2. Spa Francorchamps, I just love the flow of it and it has probably the best corner of the F1 Calendar on it, Eau Rouge. Nice long straights mixed with long flowing fast corners and some slow ones chucked in there as well.

3. Silverstone, my home track and it has such a great flow to it, especially the 1st sector, although I sometimes find "The Loop" a bit tricky.

4. Turkey, again has a nice flow to it and it is pretty easy. I see many people online with lower levels beating people who are a lot higher than them so it is always a fun circuit.

5. Interlagos, nice and fast, a couple of tricky corners and a whole lot of memories, usually the place where the Championship is won or lost. I love racing there.

1. Montreal, because it's where Lewis Hamilton took his first ever Pole Position and Race Win of his career back in 2007. Because I am a HUGE Lewis Hamilton fan I race around there all the time because it's now a special track to me and I just nail it every time I drive there,

So if for example, Lewis took his first win at the Hungaroring or Valencia, it would be your favourite? What shallow reasoning.

Who cares? If it's special to him, it's special to him. Who cares if it makes sense or not?

It's a stupid reason to like a track in a game. As it happens, Montreal is a very good track. It's not bad if it holds sentimental value to him as a fan, but that (to me) would not make a bad track enjoyable.

Because he won there and got pole there for the first time of his career was not the reason why it's my favourite. Because he did that, that led me to race on it all the time and i got really good on it. Now i'm pretty near the top of the Leaderboards and i win all of the online races i do that take place there.

My wording might not have made entirely sence but i hope that clears it up.

It's a stupid reason to like a track in a game. As it happens, Montreal is a very good track. It's not bad if it holds sentimental value to him as a fan, but that (to me) would not make a bad track enjoyable.
Different people have different standards for what makes things special for them.

If a soccer player scores his first goal of his professional career at a particular stadium, then that stadium might become special for him in his memory.

No need to take a s**t on people for having different criteria for things than you. Try being less dismissive ;)

GytBP.gif

Back