Formula 1 Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi Grand Prix 2021Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 1,964 comments

Who will win the Driver's Championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I agree with this completely. Both guys are essentially pay drivers, although Stroll’s situation is much more aggravating. While Lance has had some decent results, it seems like he’ll be in F1 far longer than he should be. It would be nice to see a Canadian on the grid that might actually have a chance at a championship.
Stroll is more talented than Latifi though.

Fun fact: Almost 20% of the laps Lewis lead this year were in the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix.

0uRztlG.jpg

Last edited:
The only thing I could really twist as satisfying in all this is that some people are predictably just as sore of winners as they are sore losers.
The outlandish celebrating has been a funny aside to this whole thing. It’s actually made the result a little easier to bear, some people really needed this. You just know somewhere someone sprayed themselves with champagne :lol:

I can’t remember if I read it here or somewhere else but I saw someone mention they were going to buy 200 championship T-shirts. Like… why?

I’m just waiting for the “it’s almost like he won 7 championships” comment and this offseason will be complete.

I thought the '21 championship had been settled. But I keep on being offered YouTube videos of how Toto won't speak to Masi, Latiffi is receiving death threats, and Lewis, boycotting the awards ceremony and in a massive snit, is inconsolable, psychologically devastated, and pondering immediate retirement.

Is F1 as we know it now completely dysfunctional, hopeless and devolving into madness? What is going to fix this situation?

Last edited:
This thread is nearly 2000 posts long and at least 100 is inane Verstappen butt licking posts without any comment or addition to the content like "check out his reaction to..." or "I think this piece of artwork really captures the intensity of the season". Justify why it's appearing in the thread. Does it add something to the discussion or is it just another chance to rub it in people's faces?

The race discussion as pertains to the thread is all but over. The appeal has been dropped. Pretty much off season rumours now.

I was going to mention this myself but I decided at the time to just leave it alone unless I enrage someone.

If you want to gush over it, fine but maybe not in this thread.

Honestly, Merc telling Bottas to stop his car in a stupid place is something I had thought was something Mercedes could have done to stop the race restarting, but then it would have tainted the title jsut as much as it's been tainted now, except Mercedes themselves would have been the bad guys. As it is, the tainted title is only tainted by neither Merc nor Red Bull or their drivers so it can go as a well-I-guess-it's-fine-then Verstappen win rather than a Merc-blatantly-wrangled-the-rules/cheated Hamilton win.

Honestly, Merc telling Bottas to stop his car in a stupid place is something I had thought was something Mercedes could have done to stop the race restarting, but then it would have tainted the title jsut as much as it's been tainted now, except Mercedes themselves would have been the bad guys. As it is, the tainted title is only tainted by neither Merc nor Red Bull or their drivers so it can go as a well-I-guess-it's-fine-then Verstappen win rather than a Merc-blatantly-wrangled-the-rules/cheated Hamilton win.
Also, we've seen something similar before with Crashgate. Given the aftermath of that fiasco I don't think any team would put themselves in that position again willingly. They would rather lose the title than risk it.

Lol, why is Bernie even conjuring up such an idea? Once again, the old man didn't even want Lewis participating this year because "Michael should keep all his records forever".
Bernard was the chief pot stirrer long before Horner.

Back