Ferrari 125S 1947

• Thread starter GiovyLM
  • 5 comments
Italy
Napoli (Naples)
GiovyLM
The car that started the legend of Ferrari brand , only two cars were built in 1947 . The first race of this car was at Piacenza Circuit (May 11 1947) driven by Franco Cortese , the driver retired from the race . The Ferrari 125S won 6 of its 14 races .

(Found new performance data)
Engine Type : V12
Broke x Stroke : 55 x 52,5 mm
Displacement : 1496,77 cm^3
Numbers of Valves : Two valves per cylinder
Compression Ratio : 7,5:1
Max Power : 118CV (Cavalli Vapore equivalent of the PS : Pferdestarke) @ 6800rpm
Drivetrain : FR
Gears : Five
Fuel Tank : 75Liters
Top Speed : 170km/h
Weight : 750kg

For more info go to this link : http://zuuly.com/ferrari-e-la-sua-storia-il-cavallino-rampante/ (the site is in Italian , maybe when i have some time i'll translate it)

800px-Ferrari_125_S.jpg

Some pics :

Enzo Ferrari (the man sitted in the car) and the 125S (at least the chassis XD)
Enzo-Ferrari-sulla-Ferrari-125S-marzo-1947.jpg

Franco Cortesi at the finish line of the Rome GP (Circuito di Monte Mario)

Franco-Cortese-Ferrari-125S-Roma.jpg

Fernando Alonso and Felipe Massa near the 125S and an Auto Avio Costruzioni (AAC) 815

Alonso-e-Massa-tra-Ferrari-125S-e-AAC-815.jpg

Franco Cortese at the GP of Piacenza (Italy) 5/11/1947 , first race of the 125S

Ferrari-125-Cortese.jpg

Last edited:
As much as I dislike Ferrari (The way the company treats potential new customers, the way they give hopped-up cars to the media to drive (I have read not only Chris Harris's rant on Jalopnik, but many, many testimonials about that bullcrap), the way the F1 team treats drivers, and the man behind the name are what I don't like, and those are pretty significant), this a piece of history, and I think history is cool.

And the other car seen in the picture, the 125 F1 would be a nice addition as well.

The prancing horse that started what would become the most revered name in all of motoring. A most historically important car should, regardless of personal opinion on Ferrari, have a vastly higher vote count than this.

Get voting people!!!