FITT Hot Hatch Tunes

United States
Dearborn, MI
MotorCtyHamilton
I'm not thinking a full blown competition like we normally do. Maybe not even relying on test drivers. Anyone else interested in building tunes for the current seasonal. Maybe with some sort of community vote on the tunes/favs?

Here are the specs. https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=8542007#post8542007 Thinking real Euro Hot Hatches only, not Lotus Elises.

Typical Opponents:
A2 1.4 '02
120i '04
147 TI 2.0 TWIN SPARK '06
Punto HGT Abarth '00
106 S16 '03
Megane 2.0 16V '03
Xsara VTR '03
Corsa Comfort 1.4 '01
A 160 Avantgarde '98
Golf I GTI '76
106 Rallye '03
Lupo1.4 '02
Lupo GTI '01
C3 1.6 '02
Polo GTI '01
MINI COOPER S '05
206 S16 '99
206 RC '03
MINI COOPER '02
MINI COOPER S '07
MINI ONE '02
307 XSi '04
Golf IV GTI '01
147 2.0 TWIN SPARK '02
New Beetle 2.0 '00
207 GTi '07
C4 Coupe 2.0VTS '05

Last edited:
Could be interesting. I'll see what I can throw together, if I have time. How would we judge it then, if we don't involve test drivers? Pure lap times?

Could be interesting. I'll see what I can throw together, if I have time. How would we judge it then, if we don't involve test drivers? Pure lap times?

Maybe let the seasonal event drivers provide feedback. Maybe driver's choice only? Don't want this to be about pure lap times or we might as well just all tune the Elise.

I used the Renault 5 turbo.

Not the best road manners, but fun to drive. Most tracks it's possible to run at 400 pp but for the Eiffel I had to crank it up to 430pp to win. I'm sure a good driver can do much better than this.

The 1 series BMW is probably a safer choice but I haven't bought any at UCD.

Maybe let the seasonal event drivers provide feedback. Maybe driver's choice only? Don't want this to be about pure lap times or we might as well just all tune the Elise.

My thoughts exactly, I don't like the idea of lap times deciding everything. Sounds pretty good. 👍

Actually with that logic, PP limits and such don't even matter do they?

They shouldn't. Let's just go with "as long as you can enter it in the race" as reqs and go with a driver's choice style ranking. Maybe not even formal voting or numbers, just have people list their top three or five favs and base it on a count of whoever shows up the most?

Is the VW bus a hot hatch? :dopey:

.... if I have the time (I'm getting sick of saying that), I may try some cars 👍

I am going to stick with the traditional definition of Euro Hot Hatch (no Elise and the like).

Planning to build these:
VWs
Peugeots
Ford Focus (GT5 calls them American, but they sell lots of them in Europe)

I like the idea of posting multiple cars too. Not too worried about the competition portion of this. Just looking to have fun with a seasonal.

400PP sounds more interesting for average hot hatches. I've got a nice GTI MK1 just at 400PP that's a (admittedly slow) dream to drive. But as trackripper said, depending on what the tunes are based on, PP might not really matter at all. Tuner's choice could be a lot more interesting.

The "Stars and Stripes" Seasonal is next. Maybe we should just spend the next two weeks tuning for that? All post our tune on the day that the seasonal goes live? That would be pretty cool.

https://www.gtplanet.net/new-stars-stripes-gt5-seasonal-event-now-available/

Stars and Stripes is actually still available to play in the seasonal area. It is the last one all the way to the right. We could test/tune using that seasonal then post our tunes when the new one hits in a couple of weeks.

Hami, I've already put together a fairly extensive list of hatchbacks that are in some way manufactured or assembled in Europe (rather than relying on the rubbish in-game country designator). You're welcome to use the list. I believe 450PP on SH tyres is the most ideal range for these cars 👍

eurohothatches.png

{Cy}

The problem with the Focus is that GT won't let it into the events....I tried. :lol: I ended up going to the Volvo instead and found a car I really like in spite of the hideously ugly @$$ end. :yuck:

Think I might try to tune a GTI of some sort and let it loose on the unsuspecting public. And if they keep the S&S reqs the same I'll try that too!

I'm thinking interest for full blown events in GT5 is pretty much a glowing ember at this point. I think we do small stuff like this and get some ideas ready to ramp up for GT6 at the end of the year.

I try the Peugeot 207 GTI at 412 PP i won two of the races but i didn't race the other three race yet maybe later today I will run them if I couldn't finish them by it i will i swap to the Peugeot 205 Turbo . :dopey:

We need to build a tune with max spec PP430 or just a tune that can win these events?

Hopefully someone can tell me how i enter a tune....

I needed all 430PP to win at Madrid against the Mini Cooper.

Think we should build to the specs of the race, 430PP.

Any thoughts on my Stars and Stripes post above?

I tried a setup for the 207 and it can win almost everything in this season challenge with ease :)

I tuned a bit in Forza but this is one of my first gt tunes. If someone would like to test and give feedback please let me know

Last edited:
Motor City Hami
I needed all 430PP to win at Madrid against the Mini Cooper.

Think we should build to the specs of the race, 430PP.

Any thoughts on my Stars and Stripes post above?

Sounds good. 430pp... unless you can build one lower that can win on all tracks 👍

Do we know the specs for the Stars and Strips? (pp/tires) that's more up my ally :dopey:

Do we know the specs for the Stars and Strips? (pp/tires) that's more up my ally :dopey:

It should be the same as the old Stars and Stripes that is still available in the seasonals, all the way to the right. Well, the same, but the new one will have different tracks and SRF forced on.

PEUGEOT 206 RC'03 430 PP
IM

3010wte.jpg[

TO MIN AND ONE OF THE BEST CARS OF THE PEUGEOT HAS CHANCES OF BEING ONE OF THE BEST AMONG THE OTHERS.THIS CAR HAS IMPROVED AFTER I PUT 200 KG and BALLAST with POWER/WEIGHT RATIO 4.90 KG/HP 230HP and 1144KG.COULD HAVE USED ANOTHER WAY 944KG POEWR 204HP/WEIGHT RATIO 4.54 KG/HP.EACH WITH ITS MELODY
1ª AUTUNM RING MINI/REVERSE 5:07,146
2ªNURBURGRING GP /D 7:04,427
3ªCIRCUITO DE MADRID 6:34,661
4ªTHE TOP GEAR TEST TRACK 4:15,546
5ªEIFEL(KART) 6:10,839:tup:

I think we need to get ahead of the seasonal events. The problem with starting Hot Hatch tuning the day after the event is posted is that by the time we post tunes, most of the community has completed the event. We know what's coming next and in what order. Let's tune for the next one, not the one that is already here. Feel free to build and post tunes for the Hot Hatch seasonal, but you should probably post them in the seasonal thread.

I think I will start a Stars and Stripes FITT micro challenge.

Back