Formula 1 Aramco British Grand Prix 2023Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 150 comments
McLaren P2, P3 was completely unexpected. I'm pleased to see the improvements from the team. This could be a good race with all those guys from McLaren, Ferrari and Mercedes....Albon ahead of Alonso too....this is a really good top 10....the first few laps will be something to see I think. Max will probably just run away with it.

Stoked to see McLaren up there, but I’m skeptical about them being good in the race.
Don't count them out just yet. Lando had really good pace in Austria. Much faster than the Merc and Alonso was only catching him because of the tire difference. I don't think they'll be able to hang on from the Ferraris (assuming they don't shred their tires) but they might be equal if not faster than the Merc.

For all the talk about "significant upgrade package" going on the Mercs, they don't look good at all. McLaren, Williams and Alpine all look to be better than the Merc so far in the practice sessions.
It's just a front wing upgrade and it is working as expected which is the main thing. They should have upgrades within the next couple of races which hopefully improves rear grip which is main weakness since start of the season, however Red Bull might have a big upgrade coming soon. Yesterday Lewis seemed best of the rest in race pace and even ahead of Sergio and might have better degradation than even Max so very encouraging given car balance looked unstable. Looks like Mick's work in the sim overnight has helped again as the car looked more together today.

You never know with these new tyres, anything could happen in the race but podium looks possible so far unless others take a big step forward for the race, could be dependent on conditions though. Starting position is going to make things difficult for Mercedes but wouldn't mind if Lando can get on podium instead. Great job by Oscar, was expecting him to qualify well as he was fastest in the high speed last corner in Spanish GP qualifying so a lot of confidence for a rookie.

Last edited:
Great job in quali today, @McLaren !
Pizza Yes GIF

I just watched the qualifying highlights and it looks like a really dumb call, whoever made it, to put Perez out first and not do a second lap. The track was drying by the second with all the hot rubber being put down.

I just watched the qualifying highlights and it looks like a really dumb call, whoever made it, to put Perez out first and not do a second lap. The track was drying by the second with all the hot rubber being put down.
Yet Albon was right behind Perez, and managed a top 10 time. They finished their laps less than 5 seconds apart.

I cant believe it Mclaren got 2nd and 3rd in quali.

Im happy for them I hope they can improve and come back to the top.

I hope a Ferrari vs Mclaren showdown 😉

Yet Albon was right behind Perez, and managed a top 10 time. They finished their laps less than 5 seconds apart.
I'm not excusing his pace but thinking the lap was safe as the first across the line on a quick-drying track was really stupid.

This race is on my bucket list alongside the Indy 500 and Le Mans, the atmosphere looks amazing.

also, these idiots might be back...

Just Stop Oil has tweeted images and videos of the British GP and its 2022 protest in the lead up to the race.

While the group has used its social media platform to welcome Hamilton’s call for a peaceful protest and called on the seven-time world champion to distance himself from Mercedes chief sponsor Petronas, Just Stop Oil has warned that individuals are prepared to “put their bodies on the line” for the cause.

The group posted: “We welcome Lewis Hamilton’s statement of support for peaceful protest but would like to nonetheless stress that nonviolent direct action involves brave individuals choosing to put their bodies on the line to demand a better future for all.”

Last edited:
Yay, GP on the actual telly box...

tunes in...

Damien Lewis 'singing' the national anthem, with a bloke on a kids toy squeaking the backing tune.

<backs away.>

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back