Formula 1 AWS Grand Prix du Canada 2024Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 193 comments

Jimlaad43

GeoGuessr God
Premium
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
A second jaunt across the Atlantic takes Formula 1 back to Montreal. The parkland circuit has played host to many iconic moments, races, crashes and overtakes and could do so again this year! Updates to the McLaren and Ferrari have moved them closer to Red Bull's pace, meaning the Bulls have to watch themselves on any layout that they are less competitive on. With that issue being bumpy layouts, the historically uneven and kerb-hopping Circuit Gilles Villeneuve could be another struggle circuit. That, or I'm huffing a load of copium before we see a 30-second Max victory. Who knows? We'll only find out at the CANADIAN GRAND PRIX!
Screenshot_20240605-130155.png

First Grand Prix

Number of Laps

Circuit Length
4.361km

Race Distance
305.27 km

Lap Record
1:13.078
Valtteri Bottas (2019)​

Singing In The Rain Dancing GIF

I would say the forecast is a good thing, but the rain tyres are so useless they'll probably just cancel the race rather than use them.
Precisely this. Wet weather used to be an exciting prospect, bit of a mixed up grid, field being equalised, but you're right. They'll just wait until they can rub intermediates and then they'll be on dries in 10 laps. So I'd rather it was dry and perhaps the Red Bulls weakness could be exposed again.

I'm like, 15-20 minutes away from the track and it's absolutely pissing down right now with thunderstorms and high winds... I doubt they'll run FP1 in these conditions.

Edit: Still raining but at least the thunderstorms have stopped, I guess they'll go ahead as scheduled.

Last edited:
Don't they have a bay to pull up into and the staff come out and deliver to the car? McDonald's do that over here. Not that I endorse such unhealthiness. 😒

Don't they have a bay to pull up into and the staff come out and deliver to the car? McDonald's do that over here. Not that I endorse such unhealthiness. 😒
Oh, you mean the "park your SUV sideways in front of these spots and block half the exit lane while you eat your food because you're the specialest snowflake" area?

Shame he wasn't as critical of his own career, coulda ****ed off 9 years earlier and no one would have missed him.
I was pondering saying the same thing. His first two years he was on it and then.. That was it? It's a bit before my time though.

What's happening here??? 😨😨 Where are the Ferraris!! Charles was so confident about the car. Heck even McLaren doesn't seem particularly on the ball either.

Now that's the way to celebrate your contract renewal Perez!! 🤦‍♂️

Last edited:
Absolute shocker for Ferrari today. Mercedes looking strong, and a solid effort by Williams, with Albon getting into Q3 and Sargeant only managing 13th.

Latest Posts

Back