Formula 1 AWS Grand Prix du Canada 2024Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 193 comments
McLarens need to pick it up. Catch Max, pull away from the Mercs. Gogogo!

edit: Oscar's got a cool head on his shoulders to soak up that pressure from George. Yikes, contact between the two. Lewis into P4.

Last edited:
Why are they trying to bring out the SC?
It will take laps to clear which means finish under SC.

Canada in the wet. Chaos. That got tense. Nice race.

Max did well to get and stay in the lead.

Good P2 for Lando. Hoped for more from him and Oscar, but solid points for the WCC.

The Mercs surprised me today. Thought Lewis had that P3.

Lance Stroll did good in front of the home crowd with his P7. Lance. Stroll. P7. I can't make fun of him. He done did good.

Ricciardo points! He needs more weekends like this.

Haas had flashes of brilliance in the opening laps. That was exciting. Too bad it didn't pan out.

YRuFixSNWFVcXaxpmX.webp

Did they just say it's an AI generated trophy? Does absolutely everything need to be AI now?!
Yes, that's right. It was an AI-created trophy which was then slightly altered during physical creation. It's not so much being lazy but more about the interesting application of technology - remember the kiss-activated trophies of last year?

Felt like McLaren maybe missed a trick by not pitting both cars (or at least Piastri) under the last safety car. Still great points haul for them. Nice to see Danny Ric in the top ten as well.

Typical George making too many mistakes when it really matters. Let's see how the race goes next time around before saying that Mercedes is back in action. Although it might be too late for them at this point because they are too far behind in the points. But they most certainly can make things interesting because I think the WCC is still wide open.

All in all, good and entertaining race. A little bit of everything.
In another note, that move Albon made on Ricciardo and Ocon was sweet!

Last edited:
Back