Formula 1 Hungarian Grand Prix 2024Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 250 comments

Jimlaad43

GeoGuessr God
Premium
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
It's just not the same since we lost "Magyar Nagydij" as the title, but F1 returns to the circuit with the second-longest consecutive seasons with a championship race on it on the current calendar at the Hungaroring. The "Monaco with runoff" is a bit of a unique circuit on the calendar, as the short straights and many corners makes it a full-downforce circuit for the cars to master, and one which Lewis Hamilton has described as a grown-up kart circuit before. His record 8 wins around here will be looked to be added to as Hamilton got back to winning ways last time out, extending the record of most wins at a circuit to 9 at Silverstone. He can equal that again at this track, or will Max Verstappen get back onto to top step after 2 races not victorious - something not seem since 2022. Will he finally get some help from his teammate, or will this be Perez's last race if the rumoured Belgian GP break clause is true? We will only find out at the HUNGARIAN GRAND PRIX!
Screenshot_20240716-153531.png

First Grand Prix

Number of Laps

Circuit Length
4.381 km

Race Distance
306.63 km

Lap Record
1:16.627 Lewis Hamilton (2020)​

Hungaroring is one of my favorite tracks in Formula 1 and after an amazing race at Silverstone, I cannot wait for the Hungarian GP. This race always attracts many fans and there will be many events happening for the fans during the race weekend apart from the racing action on track including the fan zone and this meetup at Szimpla Kert. With the weather expected to be warm throughout the weekend, being part of such events would be the perfect option for the fans to spend quality time indoors.

Ups...

1721313142527.jpeg

1721313409332.png

Sudden floods have swamped the Hungarian F1 Grand Prix, leaving the pit lane and paddock submerged.

A Cloud – or a Deluge – of Uncertainty Suddenly Surrounds This Weekend’s Hungarian Grand Prix in Budapest.

Photos and videos are emerging from the Hungaroring paddock and pit lane, struck by an intense storm on Wednesday, with forecasts of scorching heat set to continue.

Floodwaters in the pit lane reached up to 20 cm, a large spectator display screen was overturned by violent winds, while severe hail damaged the roof of the McLaren motorhome… which had only just been repaired and returned to service after recently suffering a fire in Barcelona.

Preparations are expected to resume today for media day, but there is still much water that has not yet drained at this time. [f1lead]

Last edited:
Across the Austro-Slovak-Hungarian lands, central European weather has been very unpredictable for months, to be fair.

Just talked to a few Hungarian guys, apparently the only memento of yesterday's weather is the maimed McLaren motorhome.

Caught up on the highlights. Track temps reached 50°C in FP1? Jesus. 😫

Zhou's FP2 was... damn, that was close. 😮

I dragged a non-racing buddy of mine to see the movie, and they were quite amused by my confused seething when that title card popped up.
I had the same thing happen when I watched Ford v Ferrari with my wife, when they're supposedly at Daytona but it's clearly Fontana/Autoclub Speedway :lol:

Highlights keep saying "McLaren vs Red Bull" for Qualifying. No. McLaren vs Max.

C'mon, Ricciardo! Keep that FP3 momentum!

edit: Oh snap, just noticed the weather.

Last edited:
Perez again!!!! This guy is definitely going to get fired from Red Bull....I don't think it mattered how good of a recovery drive he does tomorrow, he's done!

Latest Posts

Back