Formula 1 Hungarian Grand Prix 2024Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 250 comments
Alpine with a pretty neat looking Deadpool / Wolverine livery this weekend .

GTP0X6_XMAEwFRx-1.jpg

Last edited:
WOWSERS! Can't remember the last time a team used their car to promote an upcoming movie.

Reminds me a bit of the "Ocean's 12" Jaguar 20 years ago.

Ryan Reynolds actually owns part of the team.

Now THAT'S how you do a livery!

WOWSERS! Can't remember the last time a team used their car to promote an upcoming movie.

Reminds me a bit of the "Ocean's 12" Jaguar 20 years ago.
Last one I can remember was 2021 for Aston Martin and No Time To Die:

1721832261006.png

Otherwise it was properly done for 2005 Red Bull and Star Wars:

1721832345522.png

I think this race showed again why there needs to be full-time stewards who know what the rules are so there is consistency in implementing the rules. It does not seem correct that rules are ignored potentially due to bias like a former Red Bull driver judging to the benefit of a Red Bull driver probably due to there not being a penalty short enough that would not result in a loss of points. Surely now others will reference this and this opens up for out of control dive bombs without risk of penalty as it is the driver who is in control who should be doing more to get out of the way to avoid a collision. Hopefully Lewis keeps digging on this and gets a positive outcome from it.

Anyway, it was good to see Lewis managing to beat Max on merit while starting from behind. Seems like it has been a while since that has happened.

Daft from Lando on not just doing as the team said in the first place and making it an easy win for Oscar instead of potentially a hard-earned win. Clearly Lando was faster in last stint so if he cleverly saved his tyres while letting Oscar through, he could have likely attacked and beaten him on track as it was just the beginning of the stint so would have had plenty of time to make it happen.
Hey, I recognise that track! It's Le Mans!
View attachment 1373525
That track was fresh in my memory when I went to watch UK premiere of movie last year. A bit over a week before seeing movie, Lewis took pole with a slow car at this track so I decided to try and get fastest qualifying lap in the F1 Mobile Racing game with probably an even bigger car deficit relative to the top players. It is one of them tracks that you can be more competitive relatively by fully sending it in the corners and finding the better line than say Spa which you can't do much if you are losing seconds on just the straights. I play with racing line on so it was like in the movie and he took same kind of line in final corner to get podium as I did to get the fastest lap and potentially first under 1:05, felt quite surreal watching.

Latest Posts

Back