Formula 1 Qatar Airways Azerbaijan Grand Prix 2024Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 133 comments
Perez deserved a podium. Drove very well. Same time though, I saw that incident as Sainz drifting across but Perez had space to get out of the way. A sour end to what was good racing.

Last edited:
Sour day for Red Bull. Lando manages to finish ahead of Max, McLaren gets a car in 1st & 4th whilst Red Bull ends up with just Max to really hurt their ability to defend the WCC.

Race was good, ending was probably the worst possible for Red Bull. (Was Verstappen coming into the pits anyways to try for fast lap?)

Last edited:
Can Oscar win the WDC this season?
Oscar would pretty much have to win every single race remaining this year, alongside regular bad performances from Max. Realistically, it's not happening.

If McLaren can maintain this kind of performance next year, then I think Oscar has a good shot at the title in 2025.

Last edited:
Drivers were complaining about the sun.
Was the sun setting in that direction?
You could notice on the broadcast, when the camera was at turn 1 looking back on the straight. It was impossible to tell the cars apart, as all you could only see the suns reflection

Brilliant race by Oscar! His style was impetuous. His defense was impregnable. And he was just ferocious. Damn near perfect.

I appreciate him and Charles driving the balls off of their cars, with Perez keeping close enough to make it interesting.

I was surprised to see Sainz catch up and challenge for P3... before proceeding to muck it all up.

Congrats to George on his podium?

Norris had a decent recovery. Nice points haul after getting bumped up to P4.

Williams with some nice points. Colapinto impressed.

Bearman got into the points, too? Well done!

McLaren leads the WCC!

91e0152e5a2fe902461f339fce2862db.gif

Verstappen under investigation for VSC infringement. He has enough time on the car behind that it shouldn't be an issue.

Edit: scratch that, a 10 sec penalty would drop him behind Alonso

Last edited:
I hope George doesn't keep that podium. Sounded like he admitted to not slowing for Yellows in that post-race interview. Max at Mexico quali flashbacks intensify.

Back