Formula 1 Qatar Airways British Grand Prix 2024Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 194 comments
Caught the highlights. Wow, where'd the Mercs come from?

Impressive results from Hulk and Albon and... Stroll?!

Hoping we'll get a spot of weather tomorrow.

Caught the highlights. Wow, where'd the Mercs come from?

Impressive results from Hulk and Albon and... Stroll?!

Hoping we'll get a spot of weather tomorrow.
SmartSelect_20240706_172322_Samsung Internet.jpg

Not even close. 4 poles, 1 win, 10 podiums, P3 in the championship. Perez can only wish to have a Bottas 2021 season this year.

Vettel 2020 maybe.
To be fair to Vettel though, the car was absolute garbage to drive, Leclerc didn't really do much better in the grand scheme of things (i.e. not leading the championship by a landslide and having won all but 3 races so far) I don't think this level of self implosion is nearly comparable.

With that said, I'm interested by the prospect of an all-Brit podium. The last time that happened was in 1968 at Watkins Glen for the American GP (Stewart, Hill, Surtees). Obviously by lap 5 Verstappen will be 10 seconds in the lead. :lol:

Last edited:
Thunderstorms with hail is pretty much a guaranteed red flag, so let's maybe have a little bit less than that
Supposedly it's going to build up in the afternoon. I don't know the logistics if it but if the FIA/FOM had any sense they would look to move the GP start forward from the current 3pm slot to somewhere around the 12pm area. If it is thunderstorms and hail and it gets red flagged or doesn't start, 3pm gives them no space to get going later really.

Supposedly it's going to build up in the afternoon. I don't know the logistics if it but if the FIA/FOM had any sense they would look to move the GP start forward from the current 3pm slot to somewhere around the 12pm area. If it is thunderstorms and hail and it gets red flagged or doesn't start, 3pm gives them no space to get going later really.
Broadcasting contracts make that pretty much impossible

The broadcasters cover the event from the first race of the day. Shouldn't affect anything.

Where countries have Sky or other non-free-to-air coverage, the F2A broadcaster which has highlights coverage are allowed to have one race live. For example, Channel 4 in the UK will cover the British GP live, but only the F1 and not the support races, so they won't get the chance to move their schedules around.

Free-to-air would be the stick in the wheel spokes to moving the race. To be honest, I'm amazed how Indycar and NASCAR get away with massive schedule changes considering how much is based around TV coverage in the States.

Where countries have Sky or other non-free-to-air coverage, the F2A broadcaster which has highlights coverage are allowed to have one race live. For example, Channel 4 in the UK will cover the British GP live, but only the F1 and not the support races, so they won't get the chance to move their schedules around.

Free-to-air would be the stick in the wheel spokes to moving the race. To be honest, I'm amazed how Indycar and NASCAR get away with massive schedule changes considering how much is based around TV coverage in the States.
It's frustrating that they would rather bow to the broadcasters and potentially not race at all than move it and go racing.

You would have thought they would learn after Spa to have a weather clause or something in the contracts.

Just had one of the forecasted "showers" roll through 70 miles from the circuit, if anything similar to that arrives during the race it's almost a guaranteed red flag, it was torrential... the street outside was practically flooded despite it only lasting 10 minutes.

Back