Forza 4 Latest News & Discussion

• Thread starter Bogie 19th
  • 579 comments
Horizon might receive DLC through September 2013. Then it's FM5 in October 2013, DLC for that through September 2014, then "Horizon 2" in October 2014, and DLC for that through September 2015, then FM6...that's how they're setting it up.

With a whole much of car packs? Won't that get tiring or something? We need track DLCs too, not just car packs on the same old tracks imo... :indiff:

With a whole much of car packs? Won't that get tiring or something? We need track DLCs too, not just car packs on the same old tracks imo... :indiff:

Well...with the Rally DLC, they did add new tracks, so, there's that. But, I hear ya, new tracks are always welcome. Especially when you add 160+ cars to the game through DLC.

katpeeler...

No idea bro, probably the end of 2013. Motorsport titles get released every 2 years. But I really hope it isn't a rushed title this time around.

Well...with the Rally DLC, they did add new tracks, so, there's that. But, I hear ya, new tracks are always welcome. Especially when you add 160+ cars to the game through DLC.

The rally DLC pack was pretty good at remaking the roads up into dirt, (although they're kinda like the ones we have ingame), but overall it was a great change. 👍

However. For FM, T10 needs to start making some track DLCs and not just car packs. Having new locations to test your new rides is always refreshing and fun, you know?. :)

@TokoTurismo -- Apparently T10 have decided to focus on car DLC. But that's the schedule, and FM4 and Horizon were delivered on time so you can expect to be playing FM5 in 10 months.

@TokoTurismo -- Apparently T10 have decided to focus on car DLC. But that's the schedule, and FM4 and Horizon were delivered on time so you can expect to be playing FM5 in 10 months.

Oh I know FM5 is surely going to come next year, (thanks to some info on the net of course). 👍 Wonder how FM5 will turn out, but hope they gather some tracks over just in case. ;)

Hey fellas,

I haven't fired up F4 in quite some time so I'm a little out of the loop and I was hoping someone could help me.

A while back I read about a dashboard update that borked force feedback wheels and now I'm struggling to find a concrete answer as to whether or not it's been resolved.

Is the issue fixed yet?

Thanks.

Hey fellas,

I haven't fired up F4 in quite some time so I'm a little out of the loop and I was hoping someone could help me.

A while back I read about a dashboard update that borked force feedback wheels and now I'm struggling to find a concrete answer as to whether or not it's been resolved.

Is the issue fixed yet?

Thanks.

I have had zero issues since they patched the problem :)

I think the reason for lack of DLC tracks for FM is cost vs. interest. When they offered the track for FM3, there was not much interest. To the players' credit however, it was just the Nurb GP circuit. In any case though, it is a lot more work to create a track versus 9/10 cars. Besides, generally, new tracks will show up in the next game.

I think the reason for lack of DLC tracks for FM is cost vs. interest. When they offered the track for FM3, there was not much interest. To the players' credit however, it was just the Nurb GP circuit. In any case though, it is a lot more work to create a track versus 9/10 cars. Besides, generally, new tracks will show up in the next game.
That's a good point. Their FM3 stats probably showed that people who bought the track weren't doing much with it since it wasn't integrated into regular play.

Honestly, it was a pathetic attempt at track DLC. Imagine if they had offered Spa or Monaco or something.

Come to think of it, why couldn't they have offered the missing FM3 tracks as DLC for FM4?? Fan favorites like New York and Rally di Positano Full would surely be better sellers than a sterile Formula 1 course that couldn't even connect to the Nordschleife for a 24h of Nürburgring layout.

a sterile Formula 1 course that couldn't even connect to the Nordschleife for a 24h of Nürburgring layout.

That was by far the lamest thing about it. Had it been able to connect to the Ring, that would've given us more than just a track with 2 layouts.

So the only problem with winning really expensive cars by playing through the career is that they aren't worth anything on the auction house. Why would anyone spend millions of credits on something they can get for free. And you'd have to invest more time getting the money to buy it from the auction house than getting it through leveling up.

In the end, while being awarded a 9 million credit car is cool and all, it hurts it's resell value considerably. By awarding it, it's no longer worth 9 milllion. Maybe 10,000...maybe 100,000, but not 9 million. Probably not even a million.

I still don't understand why they don't go the Gran Turismo route and let you sell prize cars for fair-market-value. I mean, for the 330, you can't re-win it, so there's not really any point in not letting people sell 'em for 4.5 million and buy themselves cars they'd rather want.

I think the Nurb issue is due to the fact that they are still using a version of the Nurb that was roughly used in another racing game (can't think of the name off the top of my head).

As for the prize cars, that's the biggest thing I can't stand. Why can't you get at least a portion of the original purchase cost back when you sell it, even if you won it? It would be like winning a car on The Price is Right, and not being able to sell it for cash. I know I have a few race cars that I would like to sell. My guess is they figure you get enough from winning races, so you don't need to sell prize cars for money.

Since were talking about the Nurburgring , and I know that I will state the obvious here, they NEED to totally rework this track AND give us the ''behemoth'' version as well. They probably could not do it because it is not the same environment but they have to adress that.

Also, some classics and new standars are mising: The obvious here is Spa Francorchamps and I agree with Monaco but I can think of a couple more: Forza have some of the best american circuits selection so adding Virginia Intl Raceway is an absolute must.

Brands Hatch and/or Donington Park would be fresh additions. Paul Ricard/Le Castelet would be AWESOME!

I wish Turn10 would concentrate on expanding the track selection in future instalments of FM rather than simply including a bunch more car models but I can't help being cynical since the current strategy seems to be netting them plenty of cash.

Well FM5 is just around the corner, so I'm hoping that they will be adding some of these tracks mentioned since they should have had plenty of time to create them.

Since were talking about the Nurburgring , and I know that I will state the obvious here, they NEED to totally rework this track...
Aside from the corners and elevation changes being off, if you actually look around while running a lap (you don't even need to stop and look closely), you'll notice a lot of jagged, barren areas and plain empty/unfinished spots. It's awful.

Man, Turn10 REALLY wants you to know that they created a new track for Forza 4. They did something similar in Forza 3 with Fujima, Amalfi, Camino and Ladera which were all new to the series. But in Forza 4, there's 1 new track and you race it almost every chance they get. Almost all the series in the European event list use it. It's like an annoying kid who created something and is just going "look, look, I created a new track! See it, see it! You should race it! You have? Well, you should race it again! It's so awesome, you should race it FOREVER!" So, be warned if you're starting on the event list. You will grow to LOATH the Bernese Alps tracks.

Since were talking about the Nurburgring , and I know that I will state the obvious here, they NEED to totally rework this track AND give us the ''behemoth'' version as well. They probably could not do it because it is not the same environment but they have to adress that.

Also, some classics and new standars are mising: The obvious here is Spa Francorchamps and I agree with Monaco but I can think of a couple more: Forza have some of the best american circuits selection so adding Virginia Intl Raceway is an absolute must.

Brands Hatch and/or Donington Park would be fresh additions. Paul Ricard/Le Castelet would be AWESOME!

Yes, I look forward to seeing a lot of European tracks in the next installment. The Ring' does feel half assed, but you get used to it fast. Any more detail than that, probably wouldn't have ran at a consistent 60 fps. Arrgh.. damn you PS3!!

I wish Turn10 would concentrate on expanding the track selection in future instalments of FM rather than simply including a bunch more car models but I can't help being cynical since the current strategy seems to be netting them plenty of cash.

True that. FM5 better have one heckuva track selection. NEW tracks that is.

Aside from the corners and elevation changes being off, if you actually look around while running a lap (you don't even need to stop and look closely), you'll notice a lot of jagged, barren areas and plain empty/unfinished spots. It's awful.

Yes, but you must bear in mind the fact that the new lighting model, coupled with a higher number of cars... sacrifices need to be made in order to keep it running at a constant 60 fps. You'll notice how you do donuts on certain tracks (even if yours is the only car there), the frame rate starts to stutter a bit. It could have been better in certain aspects, that's for sure. Seems rushed. Really miss the ring' from FM3. That was gorgeous.

Man, Turn10 REALLY wants you to know that they created a new track for Forza 4. They did something similar in Forza 3 with Fujima, Amalfi, Camino and Ladera which were all new to the series. But in Forza 4, there's 1 new track and you race it almost every chance they get. Almost all the series in the European event list use it. It's like an annoying kid who created something and is just going "look, look, I created a new track! See it, see it! You should race it! You have? Well, you should race it again! It's so awesome, you should race it FOREVER!" So, be warned if you're starting on the event list. You will grow to LOATH the Bernese Alps tracks.

Hahaha...right, I hear ya! And FYI it's 5 new tracks, and Bernese Apls really is a fantastic track to race on. The long curves and elevation changes make for some really interesting racing action, and highlights the strengths of the game physics. The track variations are also superb. Nice scenery. Have you noticed how around certain turns there are patches of tarmac that look different? Hint: they're there for a very good reason!!

I know GT5's invisible walls on the Top Gear Test Track aren't great, but...who the heck put molasses on the back side of the track in Forza 4. Most everywhere else on the track, you go off, and you're fine, but over on the drag strip side, if you go off even just a little bit, and your car stops dead almost. Why? I think I'd prefer running into an invisible wall 8 feet off the track than stopping completely. So, it's an almost for Turn10 on the Top Gear Test Track. Also...they need Multi-Class racing on the Full TGTT. 'Cause that's the Top Gear way.

Never understood invisible walls in a circuit racing game. Why not just do barriers if you want people to stay in a certain area?

Well, everywhere else on Forza's Top Gear Test Track, if you go off the track too far, it'll just reset you back on the track, which is fine. It's not a bad system. It's just that..there are spots on the track, where, if you drop even a tire off, you'll pretty much stop....which is a bad system. Like I said, that's worse than the invisible walls. Barriers are good, but on a track like TGTT, they'd be a little out of place. Simply resetting players is good. Perhaps T10 didn't want people messing with the "Planes" on that side of the track, but, then, why not just remove to planes? Yeah, you might get people complaining, but then you could say "It was either remove the planes or cover that side of the track with REALLY sticky glue."

I think T10 really dropped the ball by not allowing us full access to the airfield. You can't even drive the length of the runway.

I think T10 really dropped the ball by not allowing us full access to the airfield. You can't even drive the length of the runway.

I agree. It's the same with GT5. Although at least GT5 has that Speed Test course for top speed runs.

I wish Top Gear would help make a racing/driving game, that would be epic.

And quick question, where do you guys get the info that Forza 5 is "just around the corner?" I haven't read or seen any information on a new Forza Motorsport title. Did I miss something?

T10 has said that Forza Motorsport is on a two-year schedule, meaning it's due this fall.

I wouldn't bet against a delay if its next gen, but they may just do one last game on the 360 to keep to the 2 year cycle

I wouldn't bet against a delay if its next gen, but they may just do one last game on the 360 to keep to the 2 year cycle

That would be awesome! Although I suspect they're going to make F5 a next gen title, because they're going to need something big to get me to jump from the 360/PS3 generation, we have so many awesome games nowadays I still have a whole stack of PS3 games I've barley scratched the surface of yet.; forza 4 and
Battlefield 3 take all my time!

Back