Forza Horizon 2 General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Frizbe
  • 4,200 comments
Is there something I should be doing to get horizon 2 stats to show up on the Forza game hub? It shows I'm playing the game in the "nearest achievement" category, but that's the only place. On my Forza history it says 0/3000 points and I should have a bunch of points, I've already beat the main story and I'm on to storm island. I've been playing for a week now. According to another thread, people had problems last July with it, but there was a patch that fixed it. I was just curious on how long it takes to show up.

Syncing issues with Forza Rewards should have been fixed earlier this year. The only thing I can suggest is to do a hard reset - Turn the console off and on again using the power saving mode (if you haven't done so already.)

Syncing issues with Forza Rewards should have been fixed earlier this year. The only thing I can suggest is to do a hard reset - Turn the console off and on again using the power saving mode (if you haven't done so already.)
I've had it turned off several times, the only time I use instant-on is when I'm downloading something. It's just weird, it has it under nearest achievement, but no where else. It's not a huge issue, I don't really need the credits that bad, it's just bugging me. I guess I'll wait a while and see.

I've had it turned off several times, the only time I use instant-on is when I'm downloading something. It's just weird, it has it under nearest achievement, but no where else. It's not a huge issue, I don't really need the credits that bad, it's just bugging me. I guess I'll wait a while and see.

First off, your console always needs to be on Energy Saving for optimal performance.

A proper hard-reset:

Hold down power button, wait for power brick light to go from white to amber, cut off power to brick. Wait a minute or two, turn back on, wait for the brick to go from white to amber, then fire up the console.

I did the hard reset and everything else I could find and its still not updating on the hub. I did just see a notification that turn 10 is aware of the problem and is looking into it. Apparently a lot of people are having issues with it not updating recently.

I'm a big fan of racing games. I'm lucky enough to have both the PS4 and the XB1. Also, GT is my favorite franchise but the unveiling of GTsport was a letdown for me. I've bought in the past Forza 3 and 5 to give them a try but I didn't like them. I was about to buy Forza 6 given that GTSport is a "prologue" focused online. And finally because it was cheaper, I choise FH2. Best buy in years!!!
After a few hours I love the music, the atmosphere, the roadtrips... I have Driveclub and in comparison FH2 is so fun. Honestly I'm more hyped now for FH3 than GTsport. What a lovely game, it deserves big sells.

I did the hard reset and everything else I could find and its still not updating on the hub. I did just see a notification that turn 10 is aware of the problem and is looking into it. Apparently a lot of people are having issues with it not updating recently.

I don't use the Hub too often - why is it important for things to update in the app? Isn't all progress saved in the cloud and your HDD? Curious about this now since it seems to be popping up all too often on the official forum.

VXR
Horizon 2 is just a well-crafted, fun game. Roll on the third.

The one game I'm looking forward to more than future FM games - Horizon 3.
Hor 2 was such a blast.

I'm still wondering if it's worth buying FH2 or wait for Forza Horizon 3. I've never played the Horizon spin off, but I want it so bad!!

I'm still wondering if it's worth buying FH2 or wait for Forza Horizon 3. I've never played the Horizon spin off, but I want it so bad!!
The thing with horizon games is that you can play each one separately, as in they aren't the same thing but with improvements each game like the Motorsport titles, the unique free roam maps warrant playing all three at any point.

Hey guys, I wanted to ask you all - did something change in the FH2 code or did I miss a huge update?

I ask because I've recently picked it back up to win an XP championship in my club, and have been noticing weird things in the Drivatars. It started when I entered a Modern Supercar championship in Montellino. I noticed Team Forza cars from FM6 showing up in the roster as well as the Drivatars being significantly more aggressive and quicker in the same difficulty setting. One would take a huge lead off the start and the rest would be driving faster to prevent me from getting by, as well as the drivatars grinding against my car as I'm trying to pass and getting blocked by one at the entrance of a turn. I'm also seeing them use more cosmetic and chassis upgrades than usual - in my last street race at Nice, there was a 22B using Forza aero and a rollcage, and a Celica using the lower trim fenders and wing delete you can buy in-game.

All of it seems to have started when I got FM6.

Am I missing something? :odd:

Team Forza cars have always been in FH2, but at first you had to buy the FH2 ultimate edition to get them. Then they made them free to all about 4 months ago. Then they ported the Fast And Furious cars from FM6 into FH2. The cars that have aero parts on them are a result of those being your friends cars. Random drivatars will only have paint jobs. Your friends cars will be one-to-one clones cosmetically.

Team Forza cars have always been in FH2, but at first you had to buy the FH2 ultimate edition to get them. Then they made them free to all about 4 months ago. Then they ported the Fast And Furious cars from FM6 into FH2. The cars that have aero parts on them are a result of those being your friends cars. Random drivatars will only have paint jobs. Your friends cars will be one-to-one clones cosmetically.
Thanks for filling me in on that. Still doesn't explain the AI aggressiveness.

Hi guys ive not had this long, ive downloaded all the free cars avaliable, but how the heck can you use them, the buy cars option is locked, my cars only has one that you start with...Or do i just need to play more?

Hi guys ive not had this long, ive downloaded all the free cars avaliable, but how the heck can you use them, the buy cars option is locked, my cars only has one that you start with...Or do i just need to play more?
Yes, the more you play, the more cars get unlocked. It won't take long.

Just a general observation: I have a feeling many among us will continue to play Horizon 2 after beating H3 or even alongside. Fantastic ...FANTASTIC game! Just wish the physics were a direct copy/paste of FM. And 60 fps on Xbox One would be a dream come true. Well it probably will be, come Scorpio.

If anyone is interested, the Storm Island and Porsche packs are on sale. Storm Island is $5 and Porsche is $2.50.
Storm Island and Porsches for only $7.50? Seriously, if there's anybody out there who hasn't picked these up, do it right now. They are so totally worth it.

I never picked up the Porsches for this game but if the price is the same on this side of the pond then count me in.

IMG_20170112_230747.jpg

4.77 GB update for Horizon 2. This dropped today, and I am so baffled right now.

Edit: Can anyone else confirm this update exists?

Last edited:
I'm finishing the endless career currently, played yesterday and today. No update for me. If you didn't uninstall the game it's still weird.

General discussion: I wish this whole subforum didn't die the moment 3 released. Maybe it's because I only got the One a couple months ago and love open world racers, but I'm still switching between all 3 games and enjoy them all a lot.

I'm finishing the endless career currently, played yesterday and today. No update for me. If you didn't uninstall the game it's still weird.

General discussion: I wish this whole subforum didn't die the moment 3 released. Maybe it's because I only got the One a couple months ago and love open world racers, but I'm still switching between all 3 games and enjoy them all a lot.

I'm giving 2 a revisit as soon as I free up some space on my internal 500gig! I miss it a lot and frankly, it does a lot better than H3.

If the rumours from this website are to be believed, Forza Horizon 2 is set to feature in next month's Games with Gold lineup.

http://www.somosxbox.com/rumores-de-los-games-with-gold-de-agosto-2017/749723

But there is a pretty big catch; it's the Xbox 360 version. Although if you are a huge fan of Forza Horizon 1 and never got to give the 360 version of FH2 a shot, it may be worth a download. Even though it is cut down in content, the physics on the 360 version are said to be similar to the original and more of the races take place on roads only, since the fields are cut off with guardrails.

Last edited:
Back