• 86 comments
United States
United States
Latest model Focus!

EDIT this is the 2023 Ford Fiesta ST

EDIT 2 we got both!

Screenshot 2024-08-08 104519.png

Last edited:
They've gotta get ready for Gamescom, after all, especially if they have something big to announce. I wouldn't be surprised if this is a double Series update.

That being said, the 2023 Fiesta certainly fits with the whole "performance you can find in your garage every day" theme--hundreds of thousands of these things get built every year, after all. This is undoubtedly our headline car. It was also produced in Cologne, Germany, where Gamescom is held every year, so this is a doubly fitting pick for the Gamescom update.

EDIT: Oh yeah this is also the final Fiesta model, so it makes sense that they add this Fiesta over the others we've had.

Last edited:
Sadly BBC has DCMAed any full video of the review. We still have the corvette chase and the beach landing but not the little sarcastic fillers...

Something that just occurred to me: this is specifically the final model of the Fiesta they're using. Playground Games is likely going to be giving Fable its first real showcase here, and showing off a big update for FH5 in the immediate future. Are they signaling the end of live support for FH5 with this teaser?

Sadly BBC has DCMAed any full video of the review. We still have the corvette chase and the beach landing but not the little sarcastic fillers...
It is repeated occasionally in it's entirety here in the UK on Dave. I was in the RAF at Odiham when Jeremy was chased through Festival Place at Basingstoke. You could see the tyre marks in the shopping centre for ages afterwards 😂😂😂

Something that just occurred to me: this is specifically the final model of the Fiesta they're using. Playground Games is likely going to be giving Fable its first real showcase here, and showing off a big update for FH5 in the immediate future. Are they signaling the end of live support for FH5 with this teaser?

I'm not sure, T10 has to be cognizant that FH5 is the more popular game under their own umbrella, even if it is three years old, and with the existence of Crew 2, one that has more sticking power

Ford's awful direction of ditching smaller cars for crossovers and Jim Farley running the company into the ground because he listened to venture capitalist investors too much is probably coincidental to whatever direction FH5 goes, I would think. If they do a parting update, I feel like it would be one that hints on the future location of FH6 like FH4 did with the Vuhl

Last edited:
I'm not sure, T10 has to be cognizant that FH5 is the more popular game under their own umbrella, even if it is three years old, and with the existence of Crew 2, one that has more sticking power

Ford's awful direction of ditching smaller cars for crossovers and Jim Farley running the company into the ground because he listened to venture capitalist investors too much is probably coincidental to whatever direction FH5 goes, I would think. If they do a parting update, I feel like it would be one that hints on the future location of FH6 like FH4 did with the Vuhl
True. Ford's one of T10's marketing partners anyway, so using the Fiesta as at least a headline car is par for the course for them. It's probably more a case of 'hey, we're going to be at Gamescom, so why not add a car that was made right here in Cologne?'

Still makes me wonder if this update's going to be a marketing partner-led update. If they do what they did with Modern Horizons, I'm still keepin' up my prediction that we're finally getting the street version of the Mach-E here.

Something that just occurred to me: this is specifically the final model of the Fiesta they're using. ... Are they signaling the end of live support for FH5 with this teaser?

Car manufacturers like to license the most recent models because that's what they're selling, and that was probably the current year model when PG licensed it. The Fiesta being discontinued since then just makes it a bit awkward, and I don't think that it's a deliberate and cryptic message.

Car manufacturers like to license the most recent models because that's what they're selling, and that was probably the current year model when PG licensed it. The Fiesta being discontinued since then just makes it a bit awkward, and I don't think that it's a deliberate and cryptic message.
Of course; It's substantially more likely that it was chosen as a way of saying "hey, see you at Gamescom!" since the Fiesta at that time underwent final assembly in Cologne, where Gamescom is held. The Festival Playlist team probably just wanted to have a little fun with their visit, I guess. :P

Interestingly, another car that came out of that very factory was the Ford Fusion, the 2010 model of which made its last appearance in Forza Motorsport 4--and in and of itself would make a great fit for 'performance you can find in your garage every day.' Hmm, I'm gonna have to take that into consideration.

Interestingly, another car that came out of that very factory was the Ford Fusion, the 2010 model of which made its last appearance in Forza Motorsport 4--and in and of itself would make a great fit for 'performance you can find in your garage every day.' Hmm, I'm gonna have to take that into consideration.
That was the North American Fusion, a mid-size sedan. The Fusion made in Cologne was a mini crossover based on the fifth gen Fiesta.

Welp, High Performance Dailies seem to be a hot hatch-focused update based on the presence of the facelifted Fiesta ST, with at least the latest hot hatches.

Here's my final speculation:

Playlist:
  • 2022 Ford Fiesta ST
  • 2023 Mercedes-Benz A45 S AMG
  • 2014 Peugeot 208 GTI
  • 2013 Volvo C30 Polestar
  • 2013 Honda Fit

Pack:
  • 2023 Honda Civic Type R
  • 2014 Peugeot RCZ R
  • 2019 Toyota 86 TRD SE
  • 2023 Toyota GR Corolla

Of course; It's substantially more likely that it was chosen as a way of saying "hey, see you at Gamescom!" since the Fiesta at that time underwent final assembly in Cologne, where Gamescom is held.

I don't think that's particularly likely either to be honest. It's a nearly-new car that has been fairly well anticipated and is easy to recognise, and is new to Forza. That seems to me to be all the reason they'd need to use it for the teaser. I would be surprised if anyone on the marketing team is so deeply into cars that they know which factory the Fiesta was built in.

I don't think that's particularly likely either to be honest. It's a nearly-new car that has been fairly well anticipated and is easy to recognise, and is new to Forza. That seems to me to be all the reason they'd need to use it for the teaser. I would be surprised if anyone on the marketing team is so deeply into cars that they know which factory the Fiesta was built in.
On that I actually disagree. The vehicle team and Festival Playlist team both seem to work in some degree of cooperation with each other so it's possible they both know this car was built in Cologne. They've been open with sharing where cars are built if it happens to suit a theme or if it's worth bringing up. Sure it's more likely than not a fun coincidence, with the Fiesta being modeled and planned for this update before they even knew they were going to Gamescom, but if they found out even two weeks ago, it would stand to reason that they would choose this car for the teaser as a fun nod to their upcoming presence there, no?

Welp, High Performance Dailies seem to be a hot hatch-focused update based on the presence of the facelifted Fiesta ST, with at least the latest hot hatches.

Here's my final speculation:

Playlist:
  • 2022 Ford Fiesta ST
  • 2023 Mercedes-Benz A45 S AMG
  • 2014 Peugeot 208 GTI
  • 2013 Volvo C30 Polestar
  • 2013 Honda Fit

Pack:
  • 2023 Honda Civic Type R
  • 2014 Peugeot RCZ R
  • 2019 Toyota 86 TRD SE
  • 2023 Toyota GR Corolla

At first I looked at this and thought "it's probably just a coincidence, the Fiesta doesn't really indicate a theme--the Ioniq 5 N was in Modern Horizons's teaser and that update's theme turned out to be 'Future Classics.'" But then I remembered that the Fit was in the files and it hit me.

I still stand by my "performance you can find in your garage every day" prediction. But now I'm thinking more along the lines of Manufacturer Spotlight on Honda, to make up lost ground on the Honda in FH5 front.

Summer: 2023 Honda Civic Type R (FL5) (Likely headline car.)
Autumn: 2022 Ford Mustang Mach-E GT (Carryover from last prediction, Obligatory EV that also happens to be the street model of a racer we've had since Year One. If they do go full Honda update this could be the 2024 Honda Prologue instead; both of these cars are produced in Mexico so it would be a clean swap at least.)
Winter: 2013 Honda Fit (Found in the files, is a hot hatch.)
Spring: 2022 Hyundai Elantra N (Carryover from last prediction. This could also be the new Integra if they do go full Honda in the Playlist.)

High Performance Dailies Car Pack:

2000 Honda Prelude (New-to-Horizon)
2023 Ford Fiesta ST (New-to-Forza)
EV pick, for two Obligatory EVs in the update--thinking EV hot hatch that's at least New-to-Horizon
2018 Honda Odyssey (New-to-Horizon--probably a longshot but here it is anyway.)

As for the partnership we're getting in the Series after this... It sounds crazy, admittedly, since EA has a deal with them for their own games, but what if it's FH5 x F1? If they are adding the Fit, then it's possible the F1 engine swaps we saw in the files are coming in too, along with either F1 cars from the last decade or the current grid. Hideously unlikely, but I'm bringing it up anyway.

Last edited:
As for the partnership we're getting in the Series after this... It sounds crazy, admittedly, since EA has a deal with them for their own games, but what if it's FH5 x F1? If they are adding the Fit, then it's possible the F1 engine swaps we saw in the files are coming in too, along with either F1 cars from the last decade or the current grid. Hideously unlikely, but I'm bringing it up anyway.

WRC would be a crazy one too. Guanajuato has a WRC race.

WRC would be a crazy one too. Guanajuato has a WRC race.
Yeah; I mean, that being said this partnership is for the Series after this so it'd be pointless to speculate on that until we know for certain. The Fiesta's not competing in WRC competition anymore, and especially won't now that production's stopped, so I feel like that's a safe disregard now that I think on it.

Winter: 2013 Honda Fit (Found in the files, is a hot hatch.)

Sorry, I don't mean to tread on your ideas all of the time, but I think the Fit is long gone. Its entry is from around the time of the 4-cylinder Fiesta ST as FM5 launch content, and they've basically never brought back unreleased content that old.

The file that the Fit was listed in is a piece of historic developer documentation rather than a file used by the game (it's literally an Excel spreadsheet dated 2020). I don't believe that a single unreleased and unknown car from that spreadsheet has shown up yet, as the newest content in it is FH4 stuff like the Rover SD1. It also includes tons of other long since deleted FM5 content like the special MP4-12C rewarded via an Xbox Live promotion, which is almost certainly never coming back, and cars that haven't been seen since FM4 like the Leon Cupra R. So many of these 'leaks' get mentioned with no context, and it makes a big difference to their credibility.

Sorry, I don't mean to tread on your ideas all of the time, but I think the Fit is long gone. Its entry is from around the time of the 4-cylinder Fiesta ST as FM5 launch content, and they've basically never brought back unreleased content that old.

The file that the Fit was listed in is a piece of historic developer documentation rather than a file used by the game (it's literally an Excel spreadsheet dated 2020). I don't believe that a single unreleased and unknown car from that spreadsheet has shown up yet, as the newest content in it is FH4 stuff like the Rover SD1. It also includes tons of other long since deleted FM5 content like the special MP4-12C rewarded via an Xbox Live promotion, which is almost certainly never coming back, and cars that haven't been seen since FM4 like the Leon Cupra R. So many of these 'leaks' get mentioned with no context, and it makes a big difference to their credibility.
Ooooooh. Okay, yeah, context is important. I'll have to keep that in mind going forward.

I'll take that into account next time I speculate.

I don't think they have ever used a car pack car to tease a new series. I'm 90% sure the Fiesta will be a playlist reward.

As for other Performance Dailies - I am also sure they won't just give us a bunch of hot hatches. They need to cater to all kinds car fans, so the cars on offer will be varied. I still think the current M5 is very likely, along with probably a really sporty EV.

I don't think they have ever used a car pack car to tease a new series. I'm 90% sure the Fiesta will be a playlist reward.

As for other Performance Dailies - I am also sure they won't just give us a bunch of hot hatches. They need to cater to all kinds car fans, so the cars on offer will be varied. I still think the current M5 is very likely, along with probably a really sporty EV.
Counterpoint, the Lynk and Co 05+ crossover was in the teaser for the Lunar New Year update, but was actually a Car Pack car; the 02+ hatchback was in the Playlist instead. It's at least possible.

Attachments

• CA571504-65D7-40AB-A15D-D58562F561F8.png
    CA571504-65D7-40AB-A15D-D58562F561F8.png
    302.2 KB · Views: 4
  • 53A0FD3D-02AD-4560-8D61-91CF586A746A.png
    53A0FD3D-02AD-4560-8D61-91CF586A746A.png
    16.9 KB · Views: 3
I am... not a fan of this collectible to be honest. It's basically just Corporate Tank. Like, is this update just gonna be daily driver fodder and not 'every day performance?'
He's also stolen an "R".

He's also stolen an "R".
That he has, he's scarpered with it. :P

To be honest I am not having high hopes for this update if this is the collectible we're getting. We'll find out in about an hour, and I'm sure the new race routes will help offset this feeling, but I'm expecting something about on par with Modern Horizons in terms of car additions.

Back