Forza Horizon 5 Series 37: High Performance Dailies

• Thread starter pclark06
  • 87 comments
Maybe they have such an awesome set of cars planned that they shelved cool eventlab and collectables because they don't need them to carry any weight this season?

(yeah, yeah, what's wrong with unrealistic optimism?)

Maybe they have such an awesome set of cars planned that they shelved cool eventlab and collectables because they don't need them to carry any weight this season?

(yeah, yeah, what's wrong with unrealistic optimism?)
Hah, well, I wasn't expecting much more than tuner marketing partners last Series, and yet we got one of the better car updates of the year. This one... I dunno, feels like every time I think we're getting something really cool we get shafted.

Hah, well, I wasn't expecting much more than tuner marketing partners last Series, and yet we got one of the better car updates of the year. This one... I dunno, feels like every time I think we're getting something really cool we get shafted.
I was so used to like the disappointing update cycle of late-2022 that I’m just like low expectations, high rewards. And they have more than delivered, so much so that I feel like a golden retriever sometimes. Lol.

Last edited:
Ruh roh:

1723474678809.png

Buckle up!

I was so used to like the disappointing update cycle of late-2022 that I’m just like low expectations, high rewards. And they have more than delivered, so much so that I feel like a golden retriever sometimes
It's that law of 'expect nothing and be surprised every time' but in reverse for me--whenever everything seems to be pointing in that higher direction and I think of it, we get slapped with a mid update. Whenever I think 'oh no we're definitely getting that mid-tier update now', we get one of the better updates. I really don't know what the heck is going on anymore--except 'hmm, maybe I should have set my expectations lower'.

These updates are just... weird in their quality for me, but then again Year Three's just been full of surprises because of that so I can't complain.

FH5 Release Notes: August 12th, 2024

We're constantly working to improve the experience in Forza Horizon 5. Below you will find a summary of items fixed or improved upon in this update.

New Features (Available from August 12)
  • 4 Permanent Road Race Routes
    • Available on Rivals and Horizon Open from August 12 and will be appearing on the world map starting from August 15
  • 1EventLab Prop: Business Suit Tank
    • 1 Gameplay: Business Suit Tank
4 Unlockable Cars (Available from August 15 onwards)
  • 4 Festival Playlist Reward Cars
    • 2021 Dodge Durango SRT Hellcat
    • 2022 Ford Focus ST
    • 2023 Ford Fiesta ST
    • 2023 Toyota Camry TRD
"High-Performance Dailies" Limited Timed Series Features (Available August 15 to September 12)
  • Evolving World: Business Suit Tank Collectible
  • 1 Artist Outfit
  • 1 Series Car Collector Accolade
Bug fixes and changes
General

• General performance and stability fixes
Cars
  • Improved visibility on the 2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse cockpit camera view (Bug 3943343)
  • Fixed an issue with the 1987 Mercedes Benz AMG Hammer Wagon where the side trim material was incorrect (Bug 3931073)
  • Fixed an issue with the 2003 Toyota Celica Sport Spec 2 where the Try Force Aero was incorrectly branded as Razzi (Bug 3933732)
  • Fixed an issue with the 2021 Lamborghini Aventador Ultimae where some trims on the sides, front and rear of the car were not matte black (Bug
    3945817)
Audio
  • Fixed an issue where an audio notification played during Infected game mode could be very loud (Bug 3938051)

Oops, that was a mistake on their part dropping the release notes before the livestream :D

FH5 Release Notes: August 12th, 2024​

We're constantly working to improve the experience in Forza Horizon 5. Below you will find a summary of items fixed or improved upon in this update.

New Features (Available from August 12)
  • 4 Permanent Road Race Routes
    • Available on Rivals and Horizon Open from August 12 and will be appearing on the world map starting from August 15
  • 1EventLab Prop: Business Suit Tank
    • 1 Gameplay: Business Suit Tank
4 Unlockable Cars (Available from August 15 onwards)
  • 4 Festival Playlist Reward Cars
    • 2021 Dodge Durango SRT Hellcat
    • 2022 Ford Focus ST
    • 2023 Ford Fiesta ST
    • 2023 Toyota Camry TRD
Yes, take that for example. Two Fords, one Camry, and... an Durango Hellcat that's basically an updated version of the Durango we already have. At least there's kind of an even split this time between asphalt and (presumably) off-road. Also the new routes are for Horizon Apex and not Horizon Street Scene. Huh.

EDIT: Also noticing no car pack and no EV content here. Very interesting indeed--taking a stab at the theme as 'cars you see every day' to contrast with Cars and Coffee, as expected.

Last edited:
Hmm, I don't particularly care about any of the cars this time around.

So the centerpiece of the update is a brand new EventLab car restriction, High Performance Dailies. Very low-key update in that case.

EDIT: Even the outfit isn't as goofy as previous Series. This feels like a filler update before Gamescom, for sure.

Last edited:
Camry, Focus, Fiesta and Durango...welp, the only one I'm really kind of excited about is the Durango.

But they definitely nailed the daily drivers part and I can see why they turned off comments....the masses won't take this one well.

But they definitely nailed the daily drivers part and I can see why they turned off comments....the masses won't take this one well.
Oh no doubt about that, this is honestly a fair degree below Modern Horizons for me but at least this time I can see why. Couldn't say the same for Modern Horizons.

The lack of a supercar or anything old will seriously limit broader appeal. I guess they are indeed treating this update as a filler before Gamescom's announcements.

The lack of a supercar or anything old will seriously limit broader appeal. I guess they are indeed treating this update as a filler before Gamescom's announcements.
The Camry's an interesting choice, there was a time when that, not the Corolla (and now the FL5), was the highest selling car in the world. Glad to see it finally make the jump to video games, after GTSport and 7 added the Japanese-only Crown Athlete.

EDIT: And there's Battle Aero, huh, they got the license for that. Interesting that they aren't giving that much fanfare.

Last edited:
Also interesting there are only four new cars this update, one for each season and nothing new for the series prize. Unless they left one off the patch notes.

Also interesting there are only four new cars this update, one for each season and nothing new for the series prize. Unless they left one off the patch notes.
They have a Forza EV challenge there but it looks like it's for the Ioniq 6 N. Is that one of the Hard-to-Finds? I've been between here and the stream.

EDIT: Oop, never mind they're bringing the Lucid Air Sapphire back, that's what it is.

Last edited:
1723476789013.png

Lookin' like the new mode they're talking about is some kind of Car Hunt thingie. I definitely remember seeing videos about modes like that in the past.

EDIT: Not what I actually remember seeing but these YouTubers all played a game called Manhunt inside FH5. I think this is what we're lookin' at:

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back