Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 31,967 comments
After a busy weekend doing other stuff, I returned to Dragon Trail and was dreading it after my handful of laps last week. However, the gods must have been shining on me as after one restart I got the unruly 'Vette straight into Gold with a 1:55.860

I doubt that time will stand but I'll happily put off returning until I end up in Silver :D

IMG_3575.png

IMG_3576.png

Yesss it's me again :lol: (lucky you^^)

Guess what?

Stop Motion Yes GIF by Mouse

suspens

1726508672014.png

Yess, it's another improvement (-0.176) with Spidey at Dragon Trail!

S1: 38.979 - Very slow but very impossible to be faster here (or I didn't found yet the way to be).
S2: 36.932 - I'm getting more confident and consistent here. The key is the first left (after the downhill).
S3: 40.259 - No comment, I'm as fast as GOD @smoothbore12 (who he clearly famous but not for his high scores).

This morning, I was in 1:57.318 and 1.4 sec from the yellow territory.
This evening, I'm just 0.2 from the gold mine. Hard work always pay off.

Based on my best sectors, there's tons of tenths left on the track (+/- 0.6) but this gold rush is sooooo laborious.

Love on you, and don't let the spirit of rock die!

Robert Downey Jr Kisses GIF

Last edited:
Floods everywhere here in Lower Austria. We just have an upstairs flat but helped keeping the basement storage rooms clear.

Even if i have some time again for GT i won't do TTs. Only some stress free cruising.

You guys go on! Attack!
Greetings to you @KAlex122 ! I have just read about the flooding and this one sounds serious. What a crazy years! In June we went to Vienna and 'Niederösterreich' and there was a bad flooding in the south of Germany. And now Vienna and 'Niederösterreich'... Best wishes to you and your family!

Yesss it's me again :lol: (lucky you^^)

Guess what?

Stop Motion Yes GIF by Mouse

suspens

View attachment 1389678

Yess, it's another improvement (-0.176) with Spidey at Dragon Trail!

S1: 38.979 - Very slow but very impossible to be faster here (or I didn't found yet the way to be).
S2: 36.932 - I'm getting more confident and consistent here. The key is the first left (after the downhill).
S3: 40.259 - No comment, I'm as fast as GOD @smoothbore12 (who he clearly famous but not for his high scores).

This morning, I was in 1:57.318 and 1.4 sec from the yellow territory.
This evening, I'm just 0.2 from the gold mine. Hard work always pay off.

Based on my best sectors, there's tons of tenths left on the track (+/- 0.6) but this gold rush is sooooo laborious.

Love on you, and don't let the spirit of rock die!

Robert Downey Jr Kisses GIF
Damn ,you did great on that one.
Am totally out of rhythm in this one .
That vette is very unpredictable for me ,riding over the kerb and it's ok ,the next lap you fly not to mention the COD .
Hope to get the bloody gold on this one , i can't.

God, I hope I can find these missing tenths at D.F. Raceway so I can enter gold territory. I thought MetalGear's replay would help. See, he uses a wheel, I don't. That's the main difference. His lines are insane before entering the 1st tunnel and after the last one. But at the same time it's epic.

Last edited:
30 min session at Dt. Started UGLY, ended ugly
191fc544aa994-screenshotUrl.jpg

I don't trust the car (read i don't trust me handling the car). It recalls me the bad feeling i had with the old Mercedes. If i'm wrong different layout of this track. Things went better with asm that time, but before going there i want to smesh some more rails.
Having said that i like to challenge.

@Pesselles great stuff there! I'm wondering if you use the spider web to keep the car honest 😉

DF-Lancer-10laps-4.jpg

10 more laps at DF, following @Tidgney's ghost, not helpful everywhere, but usefull at the tunnel entrance, to slow me down enough so I don't overshoot this turn.

Forgot to set back TC to 0 after yesterday's Corvette ride.

Very frustrating 1:35s laps

Went back with TC0 and all assists of (except ABS on weak)

DF-Lancer-10laps-5.jpg

A tiny bit better but same "consistency" but lower, thanks to no TC I think.

0.036s from my best lap so far.

Tiny improvement in S2, and best medium over 10 laps so far.

Hi everyone......

it's been a long time since I've posted here, collecting my silver (usually) and/or gold medals when I can, but tonight I'm too happy.....

I did better than the optimized time I had last night.....1' 34.150.......I won 4/10 and about 6000 places.....

but as it's a never-ending game, tonight I had an opti under minute 34.....but it's not certain that I'll go back tomorrow night.....

on the other hand, the Corvette kangaroo is not what I prefer....I'm already in silver and have little hope of seeing the medal turn to gold.....

Léon Marchand is not for everyone......my middle name is Léon, but that's where it ends....😜😂

Translated with DeepL.com (free version)

Attachments

• Gran Turismo™ 7_20240916215710.jpg
    Gran Turismo™ 7_20240916215710.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 1
  • Gran Turismo™ 7_20240916215700.jpg
    Gran Turismo™ 7_20240916215700.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 1
God, I hope I can find these missing tenths at D.F. Raceway so I can enter gold territory. I thought MetalGear's replay would help. See, he uses a wheel, I don't. That's the main difference. His lines are insane before entering the 1st tunnel and after the last one. But at the same time it's epic.
Have you adjusted your shifting? As I hinted you?

Focus on what you can (easily) do for now. If you are able to repeat the lap you shared here and adjust the shifting, you should be fine into gold.

@Pesselles your rewards at Dragon Trail are starting to make think about going back to the personality disorder Corvette. 😅

To say I was frustrated by today's session at Dragon Trail is an understatement. Behold, the misadventures of Dolph at the COD! All within a 20 minute span!

Fail#1: I was on easily my best lap ever when the left side curb upset my car...

Fail #2: Yes, a sub 38 in sector 1. Not quite as good sector 2 as the previous lap, but still on pace for a fantastic lap. This time I misjudge the angle of the right side wall jutting out...boink!

Fail #3: A tenth down from the other fails, but still looking at a personal best. Nope. I barely scrub the left wall on exit...

But I continued on, the glutton for punishment I am. And wouldn't you know it, I set a time just under a tenth better than my previous best (though 3-4 tenths off my fail attempts) with this ugly piece of 💩 looking lap. :mad::mad::mad:
IMG_3629.jpg

To say I was frustrated by today's session at Dragon Trail is an understatement. Behold, the misadventures of Dolph at the COD! All within a 20 minute span!

Fail#1: I was on easily my best lap ever when the left side curb upset my car...

Fail #2: Yes, a sub 38 in sector 1. Not quite as good sector 2 as the previous lap, but still on pace for a fantastic lap. This time I misjudge the angle of the right side wall jutting out...boink!

Fail #3: A tenth down from the other fails, but still looking at a personal best. Nope. I barely scrub the left wall on exit...

But I continued on, the glutton for punishment I am. And wouldn't you know it, I set a time just under a tenth better than my previous best (though 3-4 tenths off my fail attempts) with this ugly piece of 💩 looking lap. :mad::mad::mad:
View attachment 1389774

I feel your pain mate, it almost made me mad this morning, NEVER i get 3 good sectors, and when i have a descent run, i hit the wall at the CoD...
It's mindblowing how just a few corners can make you go nuts,,.....
Had a lot of 38.2xx this morning in S1... some Tidg eating S2's.... but yes.... pff.... i all stuffed up later on...
If i have a perfect run i would be in the 53's... but i doubt it will happen...

191fea55c9191-screenshotUrl (1).jpg

191fea56db462-screenshotUrl.jpg

Did make HUGE improvement though....

1:54.279 -------------> 1:54.269 :lol: :lol: :lol:

Last edited:
See, I knew it, I got knocked into bronze the other day, Jeddah improved his lap as usual. But I saw it coming and there's nothing I can do right now. The Vette is too slidey for me right now, so I'm switching back to Deep Forest.

I thought MetalGear's replay would help. See, he uses a wheel, I don't. That's the main difference.
All my TT (end-) times are with pad and I always used @Metalgear9493 or @Tidgney s ghost. If you know what you are looking for there is so much to gain from their ghosts even if you use a pad. The lines they take, the breaking and accelerating points, the turn ins etc
You have to adjust the breaking and all a bit sure but if you follow their lines you will gain time.

doesn't make that much of a difference Chris, sometimes the wheel has a little advantage, sometimes the pad, but there is no big gap between the two, enough high pad players on the list, ...
you can hit exactly the same line as a wheel user, certainly on a track like DF.
I'm still on the pad too, and now and then it's not to Shabbyyyy at all.

Trust that something will go wrong and be prepared to react accordingly.
Exactly.
The only thing predictable about this car is that you will crash and burn if you're not careful... I guess braking in a straight line as much as possible is a must here, as the car tends to become a little unstable under hard braking, and get the gearing right certainly makes the difference when coming out of corners and keeping the car pointed to where you want it to.
In a track like this with all those twists and turns keeping the car under control is essential, but taming that Vette is proving to be a challenge within itself... :scared:

View attachment 1389774

Just slow down man, can't you see that corner is dangerous!!!? It's not like you're in a race

1726569717119.png

doesn't make that much of a difference Chris, sometimes the wheel has a little advantage, sometimes the pad, but there is no big gap between the two, enough high pad players on the list, ...
you can hit exactly the same line as a wheel user, certainly on a track like DF.
I'm still on the pad too, and now and then it's not to Shabbyyyy at all.
One of the main difference between this group and the yahoos on the facebook group.

Here: I'm slow...I need to improve my driving skill to be faster, or acknowledge that's the main issue.

Facebook: I'm slow....It must be the controller. The lucky few will spend $1000 on wheel, rig, etc...... and ended up just as slow. Then they blame BOP and no tunning allowed. Go back driving Tomahawk on special route x blasting pass 17hp Fiat for fun.

Last edited:
The mission to get under 1:54 at Dragon Trail continues. I improved from 1:54.035 today. That's the good news. Other good news is that nobody else is closer to being under 1:54 than I am. The bad news; I am not under 1:54...

that is called pain.... :lol: :lol:

Good improvement though!, i have no idea how you find more than 2 tenths so consistently on me.... :lol::lol:
Nice job!

@Evilmuffin that is true tho! :lol::lol:, i would have blamed the controller, but there are certain people on the pad here and on the international board that would laugh at my effords :lol::lol: so must be my own incompetence then :grumpy::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Back