Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 19,074 comments
Back to the 90s, the writeup: Seems like a pretty small in-betweener update overall. Pity, it could have been so much more. Still, we get some cool stuff (BACKSTAGE PASS INCLUDED AMIRITE???):
Toyota Soarer: Think most people will agree this is the weakest car here. It could atleast have had a widebody to differentiate from the SC300 but it doesn't even get that. Shame.
Mitsubishi FTO: From one low to a very nice high. A much welcome (perhaps even overdue) return to the franchise, and a car I suspect I'll have plenty of fun with.
AM Lagonda: Love these things and it's the only truly new car this update, so it's gotta be my favourite this series. Also, I just realized it will serve as a fun competitor to the Bentley Turbo R - there hasn't really been anything even remotely like it for a while.
Subaru SVX: Again, a welcome return. Why this didn't return sooner (or even was featured at launch) honestly seems like a mystery to me.

Soarer is just the Japanese market SC300/400. Only major differences were badging, steering wheel placement, and the fact that the Soarer had a third engine option (the 1JZ-GTE 2.5L turbo inline-six, which the FH5 model has).
Its whole raison d'etre, aside from being required to get a badge that's a reference to a meme that is more universal than the '90s, which I think is a lame excuse to include it, is that it completely obsoletes the SC300 in terms of stock performance--low B class instead of the SC300's mid C class. In other words if you want a JDM version of the SC300, you'll get it and then some, you'll never want to drive the Lexus again. :P

Last edited:
The Lexus has better bodykit options, so yes, I'd rather drive that again.
Touche. :P I've never been one for customization and upgrades so the performance aspect is what stood out to me most. It's really only there for a meme acknowledgement so, uh, not impressed by it being the headliner.

Interesting they’re adding Dandelion Yellow to the Evo III; a two second trip to the paint shop and uploading it as a livery as soon as it arrived netted me a lot of money, accolades and kudos, so I’m somewhat thankful they left it out originally, though still confused why they did.

Soarer is a wasted slot in my opinion (though it definitely fuels the theory the next game is centred around Japan perhaps), the rest I’m happy to see, in particular that FTO!

So, they teased round supercars and gave us no round supercars.....

Perfect opportunity for the Iroc and 95 Cobra R....aaaand they missed it.

I'm not upset, they added some great cars, as I didn't expect the Lagonda and it's nice to see the SVX and FTO return, but they really missed some golden opportunities.
To be fair I wouldn't have been impressed with the IROC, buuuuuuut I might have been bribed into accepting it by a returning '95 Cobra, such is my love for the SN95. The fact that they didn't do either is enough to rustle my jimmies. :P

I'm not upset, they added some great cars, as I didn't expect the Lagonda and it's nice to see the SVX and FTO return, but they really missed some golden opportunities.
But the Lagonda is pretty much the opposite of round…..

Soarer is just the Japanese market SC300/400. Only major differences were badging, steering wheel placement, and the fact that the Soarer had a third engine option (the 1JZ-GTE 2.5L turbo inline-six, which the FH5 model has).
Ah thanks, I did suspect something like that. It’s a little pity they chose this car, there could’ve been so many more interesting 90s cars, but on the other side I don’t wanna complain, the other 3 are absolutely new to FH5 and unique

Agreed. Was a little disappointed that there isn't one supercar in this update or even the '95 Cobra R and the IROC at the very least. But they sure have fulfilled the JDM crowd in this game... good to see the backstage pass back so I can potentially scoop up the few reward cars I missed out on.

Agreed. Was a little disappointed that there isn't one supercar in this update or even the '95 Cobra R and the IROC at the very least. But they sure have fulfilled the JDM crowd in this game... good to see the backstage pass back so I can potentially scoop up the few reward cars I missed out on.
Honestly, I'm of two minds about this. One is, of course, thinking this is the end of the road and we're basically one Holiday Update away from PG telling us "we're moving onto Fable so we're ending live content updates." But the other looks at Horizon Track Day (in spite of its asset reuse from High Performance most likely) and is like "well, we just got two feature updates in a row, maybe the not-so-appealing cars have been the result of focusing on those." We could be heading into a real Year 4 and not realize it.

No chance of any petrol or diesel cars in the update then. She's electric ;)

Nothing gets rounder than this... ;)

Not sure if this is from the '90's but it's definitely a round car.......

View attachment 1394369View attachment 1394370
Oi bud! Stop nicking my ideas... ;)

As for the update, I'm definitely jumping on the FH6=Japan bandwagon at this point.

Also, I'm glad the Backstage cars are in pairs this time around. More chance of getting a car you want or one you are missing.

Also, I'm glad the Backstage cars are in pairs this time around. More chance of getting a car you want or one you are missing.
Seems to me like they learned the right lesson from FH4's Backstage Pass, yeah That was only added in Series 22, about a year before updates ended, so newer cars were harder to get in there--at least this way they now have a way to make Year 3 cars easier to get into your garage.

While I am VERY happy to see the FTO and SVX return which is about time, but am I the only one that loves the Soarer? I mean sure, it's the weakest one of this update, but it looks really gorgeous.

There are some subtle nuances and improvements with the modeling that make it seem like it's going to replace the 360-era modelled SC300 in future Forza games, I feel like

There are some subtle nuances and improvements with the modeling that make it seem like it's going to replace the 360-era modelled SC300 in future Forza games, I feel like
1728071787508.png

This was confirmed a few months back. They plan to remodel a lot of cars, so they might not completely replace them.

Here were some of the confirmed cars:

• BMW M3 1992 (E30)
  • Dodge Viper GTS ACR ‘99
  • Ferrari 575M Maranello 2002
  • Ford Focus RS 2003
  • Mazda RX-7 1997 (FD3S)
  • Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI MR 1999
  • Nissan Silvia Spec-R 2000 (S15)
  • Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec 1993 (R32)
  • Toyota Sprinter Trueno Apex 1985 (AE86)

SVX/FTO are very cool and the finally, the Lagonda!

Back to back updates were we've gotten a Toyota, Mitsubishi and a Subaru as well.

Very nice to see the backstage pass being implemented finally! Them being in the Forzathon Shop each week as well will give me something to spend my FP on too haha.

Now Horizon 5 sits on 882 cars (by my count) - the big question is, what number will we finish up on?

Will we eclipse 900? 925? Very interested too see how long support continues for now we are almost at Year 3.

Last edited:
This seasons Toyota Soarer is the 10th new-to-Forza Toyota that has been added in FH5. I think thats quite noteworthy after not being present at FM4s launch. With 26 Toyotas we are also nearing GT7's 40 different vehicles...

• 2023 Toyota Camry TRD
  • 2022 Toyota GR86
  • 2021 Toyota GR Yaris
  • 2020 Toyota GR Supra
  • 2020 Toyota Tundra TRD Pro
  • 2019 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
  • 2019 Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro
  • 1991 Toyota Sera 1965 Toyota Sports 800

1. Ford: 27
  2. Lamborghini: 12
  3. Porsche: 11
  4. Toyota: 10
  5. Ferrari, Nissan: 9
  6. Audi, BMW, Chevrolet, VW: 8

Back to back updates were we've gotten a Toyota, Mitsubishi and a Subaru as well.

Very nice to see the backstage pass being implemented finally! Them being in the Forzathon Shop each week as well will give me something to spend my FP on too haha.

Now Horizon 5 sits on 882 cars (by my count) - the big question is, what number will we finish up on?

Will we eclipse 900? 925? Very interested too see how long support continues for now we are almost at Year 3.

928 and the final car is the 928 lol

Oi bud! Stop nicking my ideas... ;)

As for the update, I'm definitely jumping on the FH6=Japan bandwagon at this point.

Please accept my most humble apology bud.

I'm still thinking we're off to China for FH6, that's following my head though. Following my heart though? I want South Africa.

I think we will eclipse 900, we are too close not to. Thats basically 2 more updates and 2 more car packs. But I do think we are closing in on the end of life and it wouldn't surprise me if December is the last for car content and maybe they do small touch up updates for the following 6 months until they announce FH6...

Latest Posts

Back