[Archive] Forza Horizon 5 Series 36: Horizon Cars & Coffee

• Thread starter Turboteg90
  • 148 comments
So after declaring the new SL63 a super saloon, PG have now decided that the Autozam is a hot hatchback?..

I don’t know what they are smoking down in Leamington Spa, but I want some, cause even the ID4 was a stretch.

The AZ1 has custom fender flares and the Mazdaspeed aero stuff.

Pajero has extra lights and a spare tire removal

Stagea only has the R34 conversion and Forza aero

Sera only has foglights and Forza aero, though the rear wing is a little gurney flap added to the original spoiler.
Very cool the Autozam gets a fender flares, I wish more cars had these.

A bit of a shame the Stagea only gets the R34 conversion, would have been cool to get the Autech parts as well.

Is the Autozam under Mazda as a manufacturer? Or is it under Autozam? Just curious - always thought it would go under Mazda and it's not mentioned in the Forza.net article as being a Mazda.

Is there some weird licensing thing going on here?

So after declaring the new SL63 a super saloon, PG have now decided that the Autozam is a hot hatchback?..

I don’t know what they are smoking down in Leamington Spa, but I want some, cause even the ID4 was a stretch.
They've also decided the Stagea is a Retro Saloon, though that one I can kinda see 'cause that list also includes '90s and 2000's station wagons like Audi's Avants and the Hammer Wagon from the European Automotive pack, so it makes sense.

The Autozam... I think that's because it's the first actual kei car Forza's ever had, and those can be hard to classify. The Sera ended up in Cult Classics, but that isn't a kei car.

If I had to guess, it's because a lot of modern kei cars are hatchbacks, and so they went with the stereotype of the class in preparation for adding more rather than call it what it is, a sports car in the kei-class.

Is the Autozam under Mazda as a manufacturer? Or is it under Autozam? Just curious - always thought it would go under Mazda and it's not mentioned in the Forza.net article as being a Mazda.
That's the really cool thing; the Autozam is considered an Autozam and not a Mazda. :) They really knew what they were doing with this thing, especially since that now makes it one of the first manufacturers in the filter list.

1721160506846.png

That's the really cool thing; the Autozam is considered an Autozam and not a Mazda. :) They really knew what they were doing with this thing, especially since that now makes it one of the first manufacturers in the filter list.

View attachment 1373055
So if the JC Cosmo ever gets added (I know, when pigs fly...) we can assume they would add Eunos as well.

In any case, it still bugs me that the DS23 returned under the DS brand...only for Citroën to later also be added for the BX 4TC. All I can figure is the Citroën/Stellantis marketing department made them do it.

Last edited:
Forza used to group dead marques into their parent brands (The Eagle Talon and Plymouth Barracudas used to be a part of Chrysler in Forzas 1 through 3 for example), though since then, they’ve made them their own thing.

Whether that’s licensing or a decision based on being more authentic is unknown, but I personally prefer it the way they do it now; though it does make it annoying in certain circumstances. An event restricted to Mazdas will not allow the AZ-1 now, which is a shame.

Saw this comment on Reddit, and it really sums up how the devs do things:

View attachment 1373160

I think that's probably a little optimistic, as most upgrades in the game are within a similar ballpark of percentage improvement for every car (depending on which game they were implemented for) and it being anywhere near a real tuned AZ-1 is mostly likely coincidence, but it's cool that people can appreciate it like that.

Slightly shorter format for this one, as we're approaching three years of doing them now :|

It should still be sufficient for regular users, but let me know if it's short of anything in particular.

Those Treasure Hunt clues are really bad
To start them I wish they never had
Their corny rhymes make me hawk ptui
They sound like rejects from Banjo-Kazooie
I vote for you bud to be Mexico's Poet Laureate.

If anyone agrees with me for @UKMikey to be our in game rhyming guru add a like to this comment please.

Autozam is impressive for stock F450. Maybe it looks faster than it is because of size , but handling is awesome.

Just how good is this week's Eventlab offering "Jungle Rally Circuit"?

It's bloody brilliant!!!!!!

It flows lovely and is fast. If you have a Rally tune that's eligible I strongly suggest detuning it a bit to make the back end slightly loose. You'll have an absolute hoot sliding around the course. I've just been round it 3 times in The Sticker Car, and am now forcing myself to move on with the playlist.

Last edited:
Had a highly enjoyable Horizon Tour (A800 Heavy Hitters on cross country tracks) with three other fast and clean players...followed by a Trial that was the exact opposite. Won't name any names (Might be against GTP ToS?), but there was one player for whom I would have done unspeakable things to have a vote-to-kick function at my disposal (Though we did win in spite of him.).

Last edited:
Back