[Archive] Forza Horizon 5 Series 36: Horizon Cars & Coffee

• Thread starter Turboteg90
  • 148 comments
Wow... this is prob the best update for cars in a while, every car is a banger. I'm not even offended over the extra Aventador (Ultimae atleast makes sense as the final one of the bunch) or the extra ND MX5 (the widebody and working hardtop makes it more than worth it) it's that good :D

Don't forget that right now extra Aventador variants like the Ultimae is second on the Forza fan Wishlist, behind only the SLR McLaren. So it's totally logical for them to give us the Ultimae ahead of many other supercars.

1721062278618.png

Edit: That said, I hold it against them that they still haven't sorted out the licensing to get us the SLR McLaren. I want to hear that spitfire engine note in game please. Pretty please!

Last edited:
Don't forget that right now extra Aventador variants like the Ultimae is second on the Forza fan Wishlist, behind only the SLR McLaren. So it's totally logical for them to give us the Ultimae ahead of many other supercars.

View attachment 1372723
Yeeeeeeah that's true. They probably wanted to throw a bone to that crowd after the sudden influx of votes, 'cause every other car is either a cool sports car or a Volkswagen oddity.

Can I just say though, PG's getting really lucky with their access to Volkswagen as a whole. I hadn't even heard of the SP-12 or the Thing before today, and I get the feeling they wouldn't be in a video game otherwise.

The Type 181 should do very well as a meme car, assuming many crazy engine swaps are provided. But that's also true of many in the car pack, of course.

Think the reason why they went for Montero instead of Pajero is because the latter is a not-so-nice word in Spanish, especially given the game's Mexican setting.

That being said, another car in the game with a similar situation would be the Hyundai Kona N, where Kona is a not-so-nice word in European Portuguese.

Last edited:
1721062869312.png

Oh, yep, this is definitely intended as a 'bring your squad to the Evolving World location and get some cool Photo Mode shots' set piece and not much else. Honestly kinda disappointed that the photo mode aspect is all it has going for it.

Last edited:
They confirmed 4 cars for the next update:

"Time to rev those engines High-Performance Dailies. The next series coming to Forza Horizon 5 will feature 4 Festival Playlist Reward Cars, new racing routes, and new EventLab props including our latest collectible."

They confirmed 4 cars for the next update:

"Time to rev those engines High-Performance Dailies. The next series coming to Forza Horizon 5 will feature 4 Festival Playlist Reward Cars, new racing routes, and new EventLab props including our latest collectible."
Finally, breaking the five-car update streak with this next one. Honestly was never a huge fan of that, especially with all the fudgery they did to try and delay it out for completionists like me. :P

EDIT: I just sklpped around the stream looking for the Hard-to-Finds this season--they did use the "What goes great with coffee? Donuts!" punchline but for the Forzathon shop. Honestly kinda relieved they at least thought about it.

Last edited:
I hope the fl5 is one of the cars for th next update. The new m5, rsq8, guilia gta m, purosangue, flying spur, cayenne/macan, c63, etc. Could be good additions too.
Calling the Purosangue a daily driver might be stretching it a bit... But I'd be happy to see it.

Edit: The new M5 is pretty much the only modern M car we're missing, and would fit the title perfectly. Yes please! Although I suspect they will be looking more at modern hot hatches/EVs too.

Last edited:
Lurking inside of this vehicle is a 2.6-liter straight six engine and underneath it an all-wheel drive system; but not just any engine and AWD system as these are the same ones you can find in a Nissan R33 Skyline.
That's unfortunately incorrect, the first gen Stageas had either an RB20 or an RB25 under the hood depending on the trim level (the RS Four should have an RB25). The only Stagea with the RB26 was the Autech 260RS and the subsequent Nismo variant of it (the yellow one with the humongous wing that was in GT2)

That's unfortunately incorrect, the first gen Stageas had either an RB20 or an RB25 under the hood depending on the trim level (the RS Four should have an RB25).
And they specifically said it was the RB25 in the Stagea.

1721067264780.png

mrw watching the update stream

Weird luftgekühlt Volkswagens? The latest and newest MX-5, with the option of a Rocket Bunny kit thrown in just in case? A returning Aston Zagato? And then a DLC loaded with 1990s JDM goodness? We're eating good this month, fellas.

Last edited:
I am absolutely over the moon with the cars we have coming next series. The stand out stars in no particular order:

1, MX-5 ND RF (It's the wife's car, she has the 2019 model).

2, The Autozam. It's Kei car time baby for us over 6 footers 😂😂😂

3, The 2 V Dubs, the SP '76 and The Thing. Classics.

The coffee shop location is a bit meh for me personally. From the sound of things it's not as functional as the airport car meet was in FH2 and that's what I was hoping for.

I think this is my favorite update so far honestly. The content of the JDM car pack is amazingly selected. All four of them are basically my top picks from JDM cars (besides the Beat and Cappuccino, of course).

-The Aston is one of my favorites from FH4 and I am stoked to see it back.

-The Aventador is probably my least favorite pick but I'm still happy about it, especially since it is highly requested.

-The SP2 is absolutely awesome. I was not expecting it at all, but it's been on my list for a long time. Has there been an SP2 in a racing game any time recently?

-VW Thing is also amazing. One of my favorites and long overdue in my opinion. Hopefully we can also get the Type 3 and Karmann Ghia back in to complete the set of VWs.

-Miata RF is also awesome, especially with the body kit. More power stock and the animated roof are great and I'm very happy to have the updated ND in the game.

Also a good round of returning exclusives this time. I am extremely happy with the additions this time around.

Speaking of the Capuccino, did anyone notice that the Sera wasn't in the shot they used to advertise the Car Pack? All I saw was the Autozam, the Stagea and Pajero; they must've been trying to get the rights to the Capuccino when they took that shot but had to bring in the Sera when something fell through.

Known in Mexico as the Safari, a much better moniker than The Thing, IMO (we only got more accustomed to products labeled in English long after entering into the NAFTA agreement in the late 80's.)
Since we already have a car called the Nissan Safari, I wonder if they chose to use the USDM "Thing" to differentiate it from the Nissan already in game--even though the UK nameplate, 'Trekker', is also right there and honestly sounds way more enticing.

Last edited:
Since we already have a car called the Nissan Safari, I wonder if they chose to call it the "Thing" to differentiate it from the Nissan already in game--even though the UK nameplate, 'Trekker', is also right there and honestly sounds way more enticing.
They were probably thinking more about the US market, even if the game is set on Mexico. Anyways, the Safari was an oddity here, even during the heyday of the rear-mounted air-cooled engine era: the Vochos, Combis (Bus) and Brasilias were the majority of models sold, then came the Safaris and some rarer and imported Karmann Ghias.

Last edited:
massive_FH_5_S36_Car_Pack_TOY_Sera_91_16x9_3840x2160_WM_824a48d5d2.webp

massive_FH_5_S36_Car_Pack_MIT_Pajero_Evo_97_16x9_3840x2160_WM_2e49e6c0f2.webp

massive_FH_5_S36_Car_Pack_AZM_AZ_1_93_16x9_3840x2160_WM_e6e28f2174.webp

q3cdnm06opcd1.jpeg

PG absolutely cooked with this update. God damn.
I think they made up for Modern Horizons being so off-road focused in a big way; four asphalt-oriented rewards, one of them being highly requested (even if it was a chain-gang meme request), all of the rewards being ICEs, a car pack that honestly doesn't have a single miss inside it, and the promise of more actual race route content next update on top of that. Mmm mmm, that's what I play FH5 for. :P

Really the only thing I hold against it is these cursed bodykits on the Miata and Stagea but it's Cars and Coffee, if at least one absolutely shameful looking car doesn't show up it wouldn't be a cars and coffee thing, now would it?

Last edited:
Back