[Archive] Forza Horizon 5 Series 36: Horizon Cars & Coffee

• Thread starter Turboteg90
  • 148 comments
The Cars & Coffee Update looks to be AMAZING! Here's the order of cars that I'm looking forwards to obtain, from most excited to least excited.
  1. 1993 Autozam AZ-1
  2. 1997 Mitsubishi Pajero (Montero / Shogun) Evolution
  3. 1976 Volkswagen SP2
  4. 1991 Toyota Sera
  5. 2017 Aston Martin Vanquish Zagato
  6. 1997 Nissan Stagea WC34 RS Four V
  7. 1973 Volkswagen Thing
  8. 2021 Lamborghini Aventador LP780-4 Ultimae
Swap the Thing and the Aston and I'm about the same. I love the oddballs and I want more of them.

That's definitely fair, although I am biased towards the Vanquish Zagato. I really wanted that car to return in FH5.
It's good that it's back. But speaking of Aston Zagato's......DB7 Zagato when?

And no surprise about the Aventador being dead last, it's just....I mean, I don't hate it, it's pretty, but is it really necessary to add that?

Still surprised that Mitsubishi is now getting love (Hopefully the Evo III would come along soon enough).

And no surprise about the Aventador being dead last, it's just....I mean, I don't hate it, it's pretty, but is it really necessary to add that?
I mean, yeah, it's mostly because of a meme on the Suggestions Hub after Modern Horizons was revealed to be adding a highly requested car. But at least using the Ultimae for it means they might not add any more of the blasted things; honestly I'm more fatigued of them and the Huracans than I am of the Mustangs! :P

The Cars & Coffee Update looks to be AMAZING! Here's the order of cars that I'm looking forwards to obtain, from most excited to least excited.
  1. 1993 Autozam AZ-1
  2. 1997 Mitsubishi Pajero (Montero / Shogun) Evolution
  3. 1976 Volkswagen SP2
  4. 1991 Toyota Sera
  5. 2017 Aston Martin Vanquish Zagato
  6. 1997 Nissan Stagea WC34 RS Four V
  7. 1973 Volkswagen Thing
  8. 2021 Lamborghini Aventador LP780-4 Ultimae
Where's the RF bud?

Cars & Coffee may be in fact, one of the more decent content updates post-expansions & Car Pass.

I'll put my hype list.

1. 1997 Nissan Stagea RS Four V
2. 1993 Mitsubishi Pajero Evolution
3. 1973 Volkswagen Thing
4. 1993 Autozam AZ-1
5. 1976 Volkswagen SP2
6. 1991 Toyota Sera
7. 2017 Aston Martin Vanquish Zagato
8. 2022 Mazda MX-5 RF
9. 2022 Lamborghini Aventador Ultimae

Cars & Coffee may be in fact, one of the more decent content updates post-expansions & Car Pass.

I'll put my hype list.

1. 1997 Nissan Stagea RS Four V
2. 1993 Mitsubishi Pajero Evolution
3. 1973 Volkswagen Thing
4. 1993 Autozam AZ-1
5. 1976 Volkswagen SP2
6. 1991 Toyota Sera
7. 2017 Aston Martin Vanquish Zagato
8. 2022 Mazda MX-5 RF
9. 2022 Lamborghini Aventador Ultimae
This just made me realize; with this update, including the Extreme E cars, we now have double the amount of cars that were in at launch. PG, over the last three years, have basically added an entire game's worth of cars, and since we know we're getting four more next update, that'll be about 873 cars and likely growing, since PG hasn't said if High-Performance Dailies will be the final content update or not.

Holy crap I am impressed with this dedication. We basically now have officially 33% more cars now than FH4 did when they pulled the plug.

This just made me realize; with this update, including the Extreme E cars, we now have double the amount of cars that were in at launch. PG, over the last three years, have basically added an entire game's worth of cars, and since we know we're getting four more next update, that'll be about 873 cars and likely growing, since PG hasn't said if High-Performance Dailies will be the final content update or not.

Holy crap I am impressed with this dedication. We basically now have officially 33% more cars now than FH4 did when they pulled the plug.
And in all that time... still no XJS. :(

We're not there yet... The game launched with:
  • 504 cars in the base game https://www.drive.com.au/news/forza-horizon-5-launches-soon-car-list/
  • The Welcome Pack, Formula Drift Pack and VIP pack cars (16 in total iirc) were all available to Ultimate Edition owners at launch so for me they count as launch cars.
  • So roughly 520 cars at launch, which would mean doubling it would get us to 1040 cars.
Further details here: https://forza.fandom.com/wiki/Forza_Horizon_5/Cars

We're only on a total of 857 (plus 3 tie-in specials for Americans) so far:
1721147062912.png

Yes, we're 100 beyond FH4 now, which peaked at 752 cars:

It's usually about 1800 UK time bud.
Cheers mate appreciate it

Definitely won't be the finale update they still haven't even announced FH6. updates will continue well into next year I can see this game finishing with close to or even over 1000 cars.

Also there updates lately have had great content I really don't see any signs of them slowing down.

FH5 Release Notes: July 16th, 2024
1721150128280.png

We're constantly working to improve the experience in Forza Horizon 5. Below you will find a summary of items fixed or improved upon in this update.

New Features (Available from July 16)

• 6 EventLab Props: Horizon Cars & Coffee
    • 1 Ramps & Platform: Cars & Coffee Plinth
    • 1 Walls & Fences: Cars & Coffee Barrier (Featuring snapping functionality)
    • 1 Signs & Flags: Cars & Coffee Flag
    • 1 Gameplay: Cars & Coffee Cup
    • 2 Decoration: Cars & Coffee Mural, Coffee Board
4 “JDM Jewels Car Pack” Cars (Available from July 16 onwards - Not included with the Forza Horizon 5 Car Pass, Standard, Deluxe or Premium Editions)

• 1991 Toyota Sera
  • 1993 Autozam AZ-1
  • 1997 Mitsubishi Montero
  • 1997 Nissan Stagea RS Four V
5 Unlockable Cars (Available from July 18 onwards)

• 5 Festival Playlist Reward Cars
    • 1973 Volkswagen Thing
    • 1976 Volkswagen SP-2
    • 2017 Aston Martin Vanquish Zagato
    • 2021 Lamborghini Aventador Ultimae
    • 2022 Mazda MX-5 Miata RF
"Horizon Cars & Coffee" Limited Timed Series Features (Available from July 18 to August 15)

• Evolving World: Coffee Shop featuring Coffee Drone Show
  • Evolving World: Coffee Cup Collectible
  • 1 Coffee Cup Outfit
  • 1 Series Car Collector Accolade
  • 2 Players Badges

Bug fixes and changes

General

• General performance and stability fixes
Cars

• Fixed an issue with the 2023 Hyundai Ioniq 5 N where the rear badge was missing (Bug 3943338)
  • Fixed an issue with the 2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse where part of the front grille side vents were glossy black instead of black matte (Bug 3943344)
  • Fixed an issue with the Back To The Future 1 , 2 , 3 Time Machines where the side mirrors views were reversed (Bug 3943826)
  • Fixed an issue with the 2009 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 where sometimes some graphical artifacts could be displayed when using Ray Tracing at Extreme/Ultra settings in Free Roam (Bug 3926652)
  • Fixed an issue with the 1992 Jeep Wrangler Sahara ‘Jurassic Park’ where sometimes wheels were clipping after large jumps (Bug 3944108)
UI

• Updated the brand logo for KIA in the cars selection screen and collection (Bug 3944986)

The AZ1 has custom fender flares and the Mazdaspeed aero stuff.

Pajero has extra lights and a spare tire removal

Stagea only has the R34 conversion and Forza aero

Sera only has foglights and Forza aero, though the rear wing is a little gurney flap added to the original spoiler.

Huh, did we get a sneak peek at something for High-Performance Dailies?

On top of the yet unreleased BRZ kit, during the stream one of the devs noted that one of the Event Labs is starting at one of the new starting locations. No new starting locations were noted in the patch notes, so I take it it’s from the new race routes coming next month?

The VW Thing has been on my list coming on a decade now. It fits the game so perfectly. Not a complaint but it would’ve been really cool if it in the game for launch and had been attention on it. I feel like over time (especially this late in a games typical lifespan), many of these monthly cars often get forgotten underneath all of the other monthly cars. It’s such a perfect oddball for the game. The SP2 is fantastic too, imo it’s in the top tier of good lookers from its time.

Huh, did we get a sneak peek at something for High-Performance Dailies?
I just got into the 2022 Subaru BRZ and it doesn't have any new aero parts, nor a full bodykit option.
I rewatched that part of the stream, turns out it's not a new bodykit, it's the Subaru parts that are already in game.

Also no rotary swap for the AZ1 is a bit of a bummer.

Last edited:
I rewatched that part of the stream, turns out it's not a new bodykit, it's the Subaru parts that are already in game.

Also no rotary swap for the AZ1 is a bit of a bummer.
This spoiler is definitely not one of the ones already in game I've checked

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240716-192019.png
    Screenshot_20240716-192019.png
    345.5 KB · Views: 5
On top of the yet unreleased BRZ kit, during the stream one of the devs noted that one of the Event Labs is starting at one of the new starting locations. No new starting locations were noted in the patch notes, so I take it it’s from the new race routes coming next month?
They specify almost immediately after that that it's been assigned to the start location for Linea Costera Sprint, making it one of the first EventLabs to use one of the routes added with American Automotive. Kind of a bummer though, I'd have liked a sneak peek.

That's definitively the SARD wing, but the rear bumper is the Subaru branded one. Weird.
top_gallery2_07.jpg
Yeah, definitely convinced we got a small preview there. Although, if that's the case... are we perhaps due for the 86 TRD SE from FM2023? It'd make sense to port that back in this update too.

Back