Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 13,369 comments
Interesting, I've never tried the AFK. Lately I've been enjoying the career endurance races, which pay out decently for the 45-55 minutes you put in. Enjoyment is subjective, of course. 🙂
Yeah, I haven't done this since update 6 in March, when T10 unlocked all upgrades from car level one and added the option to buy car points.
Nowadays I find that doing career mode events and rivals gives me plenty of credits.
But, for those with limited time to play the AFK option is still there 😊

It's almost that time of month again. This time next week we will PROBABLY know all the details of update 10 and most likely another track return. My prediction for the track will probably be Road Atlanta but hopefully Bathurst or COTA will be possibilities. For cars hopefully they tap into some of the leaked ones that have yet to show up like the Mazda RT-24P, Aston Vantage GTE, Alfa Romeo Mito TCR, McMurtry Sperling, Ford C-100, etc...and if not a few surprise race cars is always welcomed. They have been doing pretty well on fixes and features overall especially the graphics, multiplayer and AI so I expect more of those and then some but sooner or later they really need to address car audio.

Last edited:
It's almost that time of month again. This time next week we will PROBABLY know all the details of update 10 and most likely another track return. My prediction for the track will be probably be Road Atlanta but hopefully Bathurst or COTA will be possibilities. For cars hopefully they tap into some of the leaked ones that have yet to show up like the Mazda RT-24P, Aston Vantage GTE, Alfa Romeo Mito TCR, McMurtry Sperling, Ford C-100, etc...and if not a few surprise race cars is always welcomed. They have been doing pretty well on fixes and features overall especially the graphics, multiplayer and AI so I expect more of those and then some but sooner or later they really need to address car audio.
Another would be come-and-go mechanics, especially tour reward cars and tours.

The Endurance tour really isn't motivating me to play through the whole thing knowing it's gonna go away unless Turn Ten do something about it.

Every tour reward car (including those in the base game) should be in Free Play, and every tour should be permanent.

Last edited:
Another would be come-and-go mechanics, especially tour reward cars and tours.

The Endurance tour really isn't motivating me to play through the whole thing knowing it's gonna go away unless Turn Ten do something about it.

Every tour reward car (including those in the base game) should be in Free Play, and every tour should be permanent.
I'm actually playing the game now realizing the Cayman GT4 isn't available in the buy car section because it's a stupid reward car. I fully agree, they need to stop this mechanic and make all reward cars available to buy and usable in freeplay. Permanent tours and featured races would be a bonus too but that might be asking T10 too much...

Permanent tours were supposed to be a thing according to pre release media and interviews. I don't know what happened, probably something to do with player engagement.

Gamepass is what happened. They want you to pay every month of it to play all the events instead of coming back from time to time like it should be.

I hate this FOMO to. I am doing open tour right now but I feel very „demotivated” by FOMO mechanic.

Last edited:
And the thing is they could do both if they really wanted to, that way if your theory of gamepass is why they are doing it they won't lose out on the player base. Why not just make a batch of permanent race series with each update and maybe 1 or 2 limited time race series that way we can at least have a stack of races to play through each month and anytime thereafter and then look forward to something unique each month. Im cool with either permanent or a mix of both but not strictly limited time stuff.

It's almost that time of month again. This time next week we will PROBABLY know all the details of update 10 and most likely another track return. My prediction for the track will probably be Road Atlanta but hopefully Bathurst or COTA will be possibilities. For cars hopefully they tap into some of the leaked ones that have yet to show up like the Mazda RT-24P, Aston Vantage GTE, Alfa Romeo Mito TCR, McMurtry Sperling, Ford C-100, etc...and if not a few surprise race cars is always welcomed. They have been doing pretty well on fixes and features overall especially the graphics, multiplayer and AI so I expect more of those and then some but sooner or later they really need to address car audio.
Since when did a Ford C100 appear in Forza Motorsport's files?

By the way, some points to clear regarding leaks.

FER_500TR_54 is actually the Ferrari 500 Mondial.
AST_98_V8Vantage_17 is actually the Aston Martin V12 Vantage GT3

So, no Aston V8 Vantage GTLM.

No track I suppose for Update 10. Prolly some more road cars (very likely hyped ones like the 2024 Mustang and GR Yaris) and some unicorns (eg. Dekon Monza, Benettons).

Last edited:
Today I finished the Retro Endurance at Road America by placing first in the Jaguar XJR-9 and I have some observations. While I was clearly slower than the rest of the Group C cars (by three seconds per lap on the average) I benefited from starting with a combination of light fuel load/medium tires, and by undercutting the field while I was in fifth position, but also due to the difficulty/inability of them while trying to pass the slower cars, and the latter not yielding, or worse, actively taking them out, which should NOT happen.

At this point I would gladly sacrifice new content in one or two (or three) update cycles if that would improve the AI's driving performance, and/or brought about a racing flag system: black, blue, green, yellow, white and checkered (I don't see the point of red).

Today I finished the Retro Endurance at Road America by placing first in the Jaguar XJR-9 and I have some observations. While I was clearly slower than the rest of the Group C cars (by three seconds per lap on the average) I benefited from starting with a combination of light fuel load/medium tires, and by undercutting the field while I was in fifth position, but also due to the difficulty/inability of them while trying to pass the slower cars, and the latter not yielding, or worse, actively taking them out, which should NOT happen.

At this point I would gladly sacrifice new content in one or two (or three) update cycles if that would improve the AI's driving performance, and/or brought about a racing flag system: black, blue, green, yellow, white and checkered (I don't see the point of red).
I said this earlier, I think the AI level in P class is at least 1 point if not 2 points higher than normal. Especially in Free Play. I run free play at level 6 which is just about right for all classes below P as long as I make the PI levels close. But I tried taking the Toyota Eagle from the Retro Endurance tour to LeMans. First I tried level 6 as normal and I just got killed by most all of the field. I can't break 3:41 or so and they were running 3:30 or so and these were cars that were 15 points lower than I was. So I tried it again on Level 5 and this time only 3 or 4 of them beat me and I think the fastest one of them was 3:36. I haven't tried Level 4 yet to see what happens. But I did run Silverstone at Level 5 and got beat pretty badly there. I bought the Peugeot 905 and it got hammered as well.

If you race the AI from D class upwards, they definitely seem to get gradually faster even when at your equivalent PI. I think it's because for us players it's easier to drive perfect lines in D class slower cars, whereas control is reduced in the R/P classes (especially with a controller) whereas the AI doesn't have that issue.

As for the FOMO: I've given up on keeping up with the monthly reward cars, personally. I just find the time spent versus incentive not enough to have the enthusiasm to keep doing tours just for the single car at the end, unless the car is something I really care about.

FOMO Car collecting as a way to encourage user retention is fine in a game which gives you comprehensive tools to track your collecting progress, but since FM2023 refuses to give us any stat screens, it feels pretty pointless to have multiple cars per class except in classes you drive a lot.

If FM2023 had a collecting screen like FM7 that would probably make me more enthusiastic, but FH5 is the best version of a collection screen especially with the prize cars for collecting most/all cars per bigger manufacturer, and the comprehensive stats and achievements for collecting. Heck, even FM7 had various car collecting achievements including one for 700 cars.... That's what's missing for me if they try to keep our attention using car reward FOMO.

So far I've had some great races in the featured singles endurance races, but I've hit a brick wall with the touring cars - at level 6 I'm about on par with the leaders in the dry, but as soon as it starts raining I'm 2s a lap slower. Is anyone else experiencing the same? Also, can anyone confirm when rain gets heavy enough for wets?

So far I've had some great races in the featured singles endurance races, but I've hit a brick wall with the touring cars - at level 6 I'm about on par with the leaders in the dry, but as soon as it starts raining I'm 2s a lap slower. Is anyone else experiencing the same? Also, can anyone confirm when rain gets heavy enough for wets?

I found this on Reddit. I haven't fact checked it myself, but it seems reasonable. I noticed in the endurance events at both Sebring and Silverstone, that the AI drivers doesn't seem to get slower with worn tires. Drizzle and light rain, like on Brands Hatch doesn't seem to affect them either 🤔

I did the race on Brands Hatch in the touring cars yesterday and that was such a strange race. I used the Subaru as it's my favourite of the touring cars.
At first I started from the back on level 8, like I always do, but I was totally unable to catch the top three which just drove off. So I restarted on 11th place on the grid.
I could without too much trouble get to third place, but the top 2 were uncatcheable.

When it started raining around lap 5 I stayed out on my hard tires for as long as possible until they started to lose temperature even in the corners and just understeered everywhere. In hindsight I should probably have started on mediums, but I digress.
Around lap 11/12, after it got dark, the hard slicks were undriveable because of the rain and I could hardly keep 4th place behind me any longer. The AI pitted for wets around lap 10 if I remember correctly.

I pitted, switched to wets and filled up enough of fuel to get through to the end of the race.
I dropped to 15th place after the pit stop and could hardly make up any time to the leader.
I don't know if it was because of rubberbanding or because of the fact that the Subaru handled better than the front wheel cars when the conditions got even worse, but around lap 17/18 I suddenly started to gain time again. A few laps later I had caught 3rd place.
To my surprise the AI made another pit stop 3 laps before the finish. Perhaps they didn't refuel when they switched to wets, idk. But this resulted in me winning with almost half a minute after having had troubles keeping up for the whole race.

I've found the AI in the endurance events to be both really slow and otherworldy fast depending on the event.
On Sebring, Silverstone and Brands Hatch they were fast, but on Road America and Kaylami they where far behind in pace.
I used the Ford Daytona prototype on Kaylami and won with almost 2 minutes margin. The difference in pace between the events is really odd.
d4d1bb00-aeaf-429e-b67b-bd11e48bf8cb.png

f376dc15-c4a1-4176-8b6e-14afda48bda5.png

Since when did a Ford C100 appear in Forza Motorsport's files?

By the way, some points to clear regarding leaks.

FER_500TR_54 is actually the Ferrari 500 Mondial.
AST_98_V8Vantage_17 is actually the Aston Martin V12 Vantage GT3

So, no Aston V8 Vantage GTLM.

No track I suppose for Update 10. Prolly some more road cars (very likely hyped ones like the 2024 Mustang and GR Yaris) and some unicorns (eg. Dekon Monza, Benettons).
I swear I saw a leaked list months ago of some cars that could be making their way to FH5 and FM23 some of which have been added. Can't seem to find it but in that list was the Ford C100, AMG GT4, and many others. We will see what T10 has in store for cars this month, sometimes they fall flat other times there's some nice surprises.

Last edited:
I used the 962C and absolutely dominated the competition. I started in 12th, made it up to close to the lead fairly quickly, dropped back to 10th or so after the pit and ended up winning by a lap or so. That car is a beast, even in stock form and the only competition I had at level 8 was the other 962Cs and the Jags.

Back