Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 14,350 comments
If T10 expects people to do an open class series every month, they could at least throw us a bone and add some new lower - mid class cars to the game.

And I can't lie, I was a little disappointed with the new weather options in free play, can't do wet, dry, wet. Meh.
Amen! All I race is D Class thru A Class and maybe a little S Class. I have gone through almost all cars I am an interested in and have them tuned. To top it off, they still have done nothing to balance the METAs (EXO, Miata, P550, etc) and I actually stopped playing because Lobbies are littered with them currently. Same for the GT1 and McLaren in S Class.

Anyone who has raced MP in S Class and up probably understands why I don't touch those classes. Wrecks, wrecks wrecks and less than a handfull of cars to choose from that are competative. Artura or new Huracan will not compete in any of them. GT Series is ok though. Decent drivers there. I don't feel bad not getting podium or much worse there because those classes have best players in the game.

I've moved on to TDU Solar Crown despite the horrible launch for now. I like the physics using the wheel much more than FH5 and you really have to grind to obtain vehicles. I'll likely get tired of TDU once I have my Daily, Cross, and Grand Touring cars finished and see how well I can do on the LBs. Despite many of the complaints, I have had ALOT of fun playing the past few days.

I much prefer Track Racers to Open World but FM23 has become fairly boring to me now. If I want to race GT Series, ACC is much better than FM23. The fun of FM for me was always building and tuning cars with competative online racing. The METAs are so overpowered in this latest edition that online racing just isn't as fun. In previous versions, I always felt like I had a chance to win. Now, if I see multiple METAs in any lobby, I know the chances are slim. Same goes for Rivals. Even though I might put together a great time in say an R34, I know I could probably beat that time with an EXO by more than a second on my 2nd or 3rd lap.

I'm sure there will never be a PI adjustment. Unfortantely my favorite racing series of all time is no longer. I'm going to have to hope Assetto EVO on Console fills the track racer void but that is going to be awhile.

For
Also, speaking of the forum, I signed up for the Insider thing like 2 weeks ago or whatever it has been now, still can't access the Insider forum, just tells me I don't have permission to view the threads.

It's a pain, but you have to sign out of the forum on all your devices apparently, not just your MS account from the insiders page, but goto forums.forza.net and sign out, worked for me

According to Kudosprime, there's 6 Huracáns in Forza Motorsport.

5 MX-5s

8 Skylines (9 Nissan GT-Rs)

10 Mustangs

Sort of to your point, the Mustang has been around for 60 years and has gone through many iterations, and I'd still consider a few of the in-game cars redundant (and there's some curious choices and omissions they've made, but that's for another time). The Nissan has been around almost as long in one form or another and has gone through many revisions as well. The MX-5 has been around 30 years, same overall concept over it's history but the platform has changed. The Lambo has been around what, 10 years? And hasn't seen any major changes to the platform in that time that I'm aware of?

Last edited:
Sort of to your point, the Mustang has been around for 60 years and has gone through many iterations, and I'd still consider a few of the in-game cars redundant (and there's some curious choices and omissions they've made, but that's for another time). The Nissan has been around almost as long in one form or another and has gone through many revisions as well. The MX-5 has been around 30 years, same overall concept over it's history but the platform has changed. The Lambo has been around what, 10 years? And hasn't seen any major changes to the platform in that time that I'm aware of?
Yeah, 6 Huracans over 11 years of production comes out to 1 for every 1.83 years (I think). If Mustang models were included at the same rate there would be 32 of them in game. 19 Miatas. 36-37 Skylines.

Well, I'm going to say that the A.I. doesn't feel quite fixed on my part. I went back today to try winning this featured event with the R33 JGTC GTR (I completed it before, but I came in 3rd). I still noticed hiccups with the A.I. like one Nissan Bluebird Super Silhouette doing funny things. The car brake checked a field of cars behind it, luckily I was to the right of it and could avoid hitting the thing.

A couple laps later, I found myself lapping it and it was driving absurdly slow like its engine broke or something. Which is odd because I had simulation damage off.

-------

Anyway, the cars themselves are underwhelming choices. Don't know why they felt a need to add the Huracan Evo Spyder over something else. The Mclaren is something I'm not feeling that interested in much either.

Last edited:
I'm echoing the sentiments of some others about the AI. It behaves very randomly sometimes. On Kyalami yesterday at the first left turn, there was an absolute pile-up. Doing 15-20mph round the corner. I understand it's a relatively sharp left but 20mph....🤔 Other times, they would randomly slam their brakes on while driving down a straight, particularly when your directly behind them.

I just tried every difficulty to test out the differences just for fun and to my surprise, the A.I. starts out super fast even on the super low difficulties before being held off by the game to a speed that is relative to the difficulty.

And yes, many brake checks from the A.I. at unneeded places... Sometimes I'm really grateful that T10 made Club Rules in Singleplayer.

I'm echoing the sentiments of some others about the AI. It behaves very randomly sometimes. On Kyalami yesterday at the first left turn, there was an absolute pile-up. Doing 15-20mph round the corner. I understand it's a relatively sharp left but 20mph....🤔 Other times, they would randomly slam their brakes on while driving down a straight, particularly when your directly behind them.
I had a similar issue at Kyalami on Monday at turn 3. TCR race. We made it ok through 1 & 2 and I was on the inside for turn 3 when this AI car came flying up from behind and cleared me and another car out.

Yeah, 6 Huracans over 11 years of production comes out to 1 for every 1.83 years (I think). If Mustang models were included at the same rate there would be 32 of them in game. 19 Miatas. 36-37 Skylines.
Did someone say 32 Mustangs? ;)
It was the focus for American car day at Brooklands
20240901_115759.jpg
20240901_121840.jpg
20240901_120128.jpg
20240901_132317.jpg
20240901_132419.jpg
20240901_113136.jpg

20240901_130448.jpg

After more testing with the AI myself there does seem to be random brake checking issues still present. Their coding with the AI has to be a little screwed up, it seems everytime they correct one behavior another gets messed up. This is probably the 5th update that addresses AI issues and there's still issues. Come on T10 smh! On the other hand I do find that the majority of races are still fairly close and they race cleaner then they used to and I play on 6 difficulty, sometimes 7.

Last edited:
After more testing with the AI myself there does seem to be random brake checking issues still present. Their coding with the AI has to be a little screwed up, it seems everytime they correct one behavior another gets messed up. This is probably the 5th update that addresses AI issues and there's still issues. Come on T10 smh! On the other hand I do find that the majority of races are still fairly close and they race cleaner then they used to and I play on 6 difficulty, sometimes 7.
What I'm seeing is that depending on where I start, determines how fast the leading AI cars are. On 6 if I start 8th or so, get a clean start, the AI will not run off and I can hang with them and stand a good chance at winning a 10 lap race. On 5 in the same scenario I'm going to win by 20 seconds or more because the AI just falls off after you pass them.

Starting more towards the rear however on either 5 or 6 means I stand almost no chance of catching the front runners especially in only 10 laps. I've lost races on 5 by double digits where I've finished 2nd and there's a 20 second gap back to P3. But the AI just pulls away a second or so per lap and has a fastest lap time 1.5 seconds than me. And PI number seems to have no effect as I've lost races by 10 seconds or more on 5 to a car 23 points lower than my car.

What I'm seeing is that depending on where I start, determines how fast the leading AI cars are. On 6 if I start 8th or so, get a clean start, the AI will not run off and I can hang with them and stand a good chance at winning a 10 lap race. On 5 in the same scenario I'm going to win by 20 seconds or more because the AI just falls off after you pass them.

Starting more towards the rear however on either 5 or 6 means I stand almost no chance of catching the front runners especially in only 10 laps. I've lost races on 5 by double digits where I've finished 2nd and there's a 20 second gap back to P3. But the AI just pulls away a second or so per lap and has a fastest lap time 1.5 seconds than me. And PI number seems to have no effect as I've lost races by 10 seconds or more on 5 to a car 23 points lower than my car.
The free play races and a couple Luka races showed the same. Braking AI in weird spots. Saying bad words and hitting the rewind button.
But this is what I find too. Usually keep it at 6. Sometimes 7 for slower cars, sometimes 5 for faster. But it seems as though the AI, no matter what PI number, have a compressed or averaged physics ability to keep close racing. It's by seeing cars that have racing tires and wings and body kits racing right along with cars that don't. And the PI numbers don't really tell the story of what's installed.
I have good races here and there and then some bad. But it's hard to recreate some of them. Why isn't there a way to just race stock road cars? There should be. Also I hate to say it, but there needs to be something coded that keeps the first couple of cars from pulling away like mad, like the word rubberbanding (put it on a check box to turn on and off). How is a car with a lower PI rating than me pulling away almost 2 seconds per lap? I did an 8 lap race, didn't win, came in 4th but the lead car was 36 seconds ahead and I started mid pack? 😳

How is a car with a lower PI rating than me pulling away almost 2 seconds per lap? I did an 8 lap race, didn't win, came in 4th but the lead car was 36 seconds ahead and I started mid pack?
I have several times now had the bug where my car is stock rather than using my tune. It seems to often happen for the 2nd race in a career series. I tune the car for the first race, and it's fine, then I move on to race 2, it shows my tuned PI, but the car is stock. The most obvious way to tell is I generally run a race gearbox and use manual with clutch. If you do that, you don't need to use the clutch button to shift, but if the car is running stock and doesn't have the race gearbox, it won't shift properly if you don't use the clutch, so it's immediately obvious the car is actually stock. When that happens, the AI just drives away from me.

Alternatively, you might just not be fast enough. I can do top 100 rivals times and it can be tough for me to win career series on difficulty 8 starting last each race. I almost always have to drive fairly aggressively and use rewind. I'm not deliberately ramming the AI, they're just so unpredictable with their driving that I find there's really no way to guarantee to avoid them if you go for every passing opportunity, even if my moves would be clean if they drove realistically. It's tough to win even if your fastest lap is 2 secs faster than the fastest AI.

Now that we can unlock the FOMO cars via multiplayer, I've been having some fun in the D class open multiplayer, so much more fun than single player as you're racing against real driving of real builds/tunes rather than the completely unrealistic AI. Yes, people make mistakes and don't drive completely clean, but it's still all much more predictable and understandable than the bizarre AI car movements. Got the achievement for 10 consecutive races at S safety rating, and skill rating up to 4961 now, despite trying out all sorts of different cars rather than trying to optimise the meta cars.

Now that we can unlock the FOMO cars via multiplayer, I've been having some fun in the D class open multiplayer, so much more fun than single player as you're racing against real driving of real builds/tunes rather than the completely unrealistic AI. Yes, people make mistakes and don't drive completely clean, but it's still all much more predictable and understandable than the bizarre AI car movements. Got the achievement for 10 consecutive races at S safety rating, and skill rating up to 4961 now, despite trying out all sorts of different cars rather than trying to optimise the meta cars.

I jumped in the MR series, I didn't actually expect that it was going to be essentially an "open" series, pleasantly surprised. One car was in the lead lapping 4s faster than everyone else in a meta car, but everyone else were just running some cool B class MR cars, and the field stayed pretty close the whole race, was a lot of fun.

Interestingly, can we now unlock both gift cars by just doing multiplayer the first week of the update? Do we not have to wait for the final week?

Interestingly, can we now unlock both gift cars by just doing multiplayer the first week of the update? Do we not have to wait for the final week?
In the challenge hub it said it unlocks in 20 days, so I don't think you can get it any earlier by doing multiplayer, my interpretation was that you'll earn it but won't actually get it till the last single player series unlocks.

So I just went on vacation and it seems I lost the chance to get the Pennzoil GT-R, do you think it will come to the "challenge hub" eventually?

Also, why my pc music mutes when I enter multiplayer? Anticheat or something?

I just got the best Endurance Series win ever, and I desperately feel the need to talk/gloat about it.

1. I'm running the Porsche 956 at Road America, and Qualify on Pole. Race starts, and I lose the lead immediately because I suck at launching a 760HP, sub-2000LB Group C car without TCS.
  2. I proceed to have a small battle with the leading Sauber C9 for a couple of laps. I'm faster on the straights, but the Sauber very much has my number from Turn 5 to The Carousel.
  3. Sauber C9 makes a mistake and goes off at The Kink, I retake the lead.
  4. The next 40-ish minutes are pretty smooth sailing on my part, and I'm able to build up a solid lead. Running Hards, I end up effectively gaining a free pit stop.
  5. On my 2nd pit stop, I go from Hards to Mediums, grab some gas, and in doing so, I make a fatal mistake. The Pit UI tells me that there's ~4 Laps of the race left, so I put in 6 laps of Fuel. I come out of the pits, look at the timer, and notice to my horror that there's 13 minutes of racing left. Doing some quick math and realizing that these cars can do ~1:50s on Road America, I realize I'm at least 1 lap short on fuel.
  6. Realizing my mistake, I go back into the pits after a couple laps to grab a some extra gas, which drops me down to 3rd.
  7. I quickly catch up to 2nd and overtake them, and look to see that 1st is 20+ seconds away, with 5 minutes left. At this point, I resign myself to 2nd.
  8. After a couple minutes, I notice that I'm gaining a lot of ground on 1st, which happened to be the same Sauber C9 I was battling at the start. It dawns on my that they likely have worn tires and have gone off the track. I proceed to haul ass to catch them.
  9. Final seconds wind down, and I'm catching up fast on the leader's rear bumper. Alas, I'm unable to make the pass before time runs out.
  10. Get to the results, and get the shock of a lifetime. At some point, P1 ended up getting a 0.037 Mile penalty,...
BestWinEver.jpg

...which meant I ended up winning by .009 Miles. :eek:

Quite frankly, I don't think I'll get a win like that ever again.

-------------------------------

As an aside, as someone who has never been able to get with Forza's livery creator in any of the entries of the series, I would absolutely love it to see a recreation of the original JDavid livery for the 956.

JDavid956.jpg

Last edited:
As an aside, as someone who has never been able to get with Forza's livery creator in any of the entries of the series, I would absolutely love it to see a recreation of the original JDavid livery for the 956.

View attachment 1388964
It's not super accurate, but the GT "CanardZebre5156" uploaded the basic livery & is missing the sponsors.

I was going to also keep looking but the game reminded me of an issue that's started recently for me; it keeps crashing when I try to dig through all the liveries people have made b/c a lot of people don't use the tags or name their liveries.

It's not super accurate, but the GT "CanardZebre5156" uploaded the basic livery & is missing the sponsors.

I was going to also keep looking but the game reminded me of an issue that's started recently for me; it keeps crashing when I try to dig through all the liveries people have made b/c a lot of people don't use the tags or name their liveries.
Is there a limit on the number of liveries allowed in the "find a design" section? It seems no matter what car I'm looking at there's only about 10 or so liveries available for it. Surely there are more than that. I certainly see a lot more on track when racing against them.

Is there a limit on the number of liveries allowed in the "find a design" section? It seems no matter what car I'm looking at there's only about 10 or so liveries available for it. Surely there are more than that. I certainly see a lot more on track when racing against them.
I usually just search by asking it to show me all the liveries rather than trying to narrow them down by keywords.

My problem is usually that the game will load only an handful at a time, and then I have to wait a good bit before it loads another handful. Same thing when I'm looking at community tunes.

I'm not saying this with any sense of joy, I'd love to see the game doing better, and I think that in its current state, the game deserves to be doing better, but these multiplayer lobbies are so empty. These are both the mid-engine races that people are being incentivised to do at the moment.

1726400164207.png

1726400203103.png

Okay, I'm decent at the game, but I'm a fair bit off alien pace, and I'm winning races by nearly a minute. As far as I'm aware, multiplayer is cross platform and these numbers aren't due to me being on Steam with its low FM player count.

For comparison, here is a screenshot of the result of an FIA race in GT Sport from 5 years ago. I was genuinely better than my rating at this point, as it takes time to increase your rating, so I was in B, but eventually got to A+, so it's to be expected that I'll win some races by a decent margin. But even so, there are 11 people within 30 seconds of my race time over a similar race duration to the above races in FM:

1726400843751.png

Back