Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 14,611 comments
My club also races on Mondays. Fortunately we didn’t have many issues with this update, though there is a bug in Multiplayer where the first time you enter Practice/Qualifying you’re locked to 100% fuel.
So far we have mainly just had people miss the races because their update didn't work properly, but the stuttering thing had people stressing a bit in the build up.

Our group has been running since FM1, so we still have some PTSD from the FM7 update that broke most of the kerbs in the game and made it so touching them totaled your car (which happened to line up with the week we were running Long Beach, so that was a no-go), or the time they made it so cars didn't ghost in pitlane anymore and would hit each other and get stuck... While they haven't broken anything that bad yet with FM8 we are still a bit worried with every update.

So far the worst in FM8 was when they accidentally made it so you could keep driving after running out of fuel. Normally wouldn't have been that big of an issue, but we happened to be doing a series in a car that was very fuel weight sensitive (~2secs per lap at some of the tracks) so if our group had less integrity it could have been more of an issue as there certainly would have been an advantage in abusing it.

The 100% fuel bug has been around for a bit with the meetup lobbies, not surprised it carried over to the practice/qual lobbies. Quitting the event menu and going back in generally seems to fix it in the meetups, but we have had a few people who still get a different amount of fuel in their tank than they set and have to leave and rejoin a few times to get to right.
I did all that and I was still stuck; then my console just decided to reboot.

Oh, well - thankfully, I was in no rush to play Forza, or I'd be a lot more annoyed by having to redownload the whole game... :lol:
Hm that's worrying... Hoping I won't have that issue to look forward to, I live out in the country and my internet is slow so it takes me around 10 hours to download the game which means I can't redownload it between 10am when the patches launch and 5pm when our Monday night league starts.

Back