Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 14,331 comments
  • Licence test, I know some people like them, for me it's a means to an end, I've done them in so many GT's they are a pain in the backside IMO
  • Circuit Experience, it's been a while since I've done this, it's just time-trial right? Nothing ground-breaking.

Then it comes down to driving missions and career mode races, I don't care that much for the driving missions, but I can see why some may find them fun. The career mode races on the other hand, aren't really races are they? You start from the back 30 seconds behind, overtaking AI that are all doing 5s per lap slower than you.

That's my point, GT7's AI is so pathetic that the races are meaningless, as much as FM has samey samey events, they are at least interesting to me because for 90% of the time I'm actually competing against an AI, at the end of most races I can look at the best-lap column and I'm usually within about 1-1.5s above/below of the top 5 AI drivers, that's the definition of "gameplay" for me in a racing game, I want to compete against other cars, and not the clock.

Anyway...

This month's featured tour finishes on the 11th Sept, the Camaro is coming on Monday the 9th along with a new update, we get no track this month, what are we hoping for in terms of new cars?

We haven't seen a TC car for a while, would be nice to get something new in the roster, and obviously the GT4 class is woefully empty, would love to see something extra in this class, as I actually found GT4 highly enjoyable despite the lack of cars.

Slightly off-topic, Moza has released the ES-X wheel standalone last week, I've been tossing up what DD to buy as I was planning on replacing my T300 this year, as soon as this became available I ordered it right away, even though I play on PC with ultrawide, I've thought about simplifying my setup and racing primarily on Xbox/PS with a 4k monitor. With that in mind, also ordered an R12 base, which has the pedal port in the back, meaning it can plug directly into the Xbox, very excited to get this all up and running, unfortunately my rig is stuck in a shipping container so I'll likely be desk mounting until I can get it out. PS support is secondary for me so will pickup a Ras1ution for that, I know it's not perfect but it should do until/if Moza ever release a PS compatible rim.
I would love to see the 718 clubsport from FM7,they missed the opporrtunity to put this one in this update for the GT4 category.

In term of new cars ? It can be very random and dont follow any logic compared to the motorsport calendar irl.

TC cars ? Maybe they can bring back Chevrolet Cruze WTCC or the Toyota Avensis BTCC which are both from FM6

My biggest problem with FM as I've said before is AI behavior. I can't understand why we're nearly a year into the development of this game and it's still a crash and bash fest especially on the first few laps. Or you get the massive brake check from the AI if you happen to get to close to them in the latter stages of a race or at certain parts of a track. Drives me crazy.

The other problem I have is that race cars don't really feel like race cars. Unless you're big into tuning then maybe you can tweak them enough to actually feel like what they are supposed to be. That's not me. I don't have the patience for it. I can go play Assetto Corsa or Automobilista 2 to know what a Cadillac LMDh is supposed to resemble, or any GT3 car, open wheeler, classic race car, etc.

FM mostly has even worse gameplay than FM7.
OK slight FM for it's missing content and features all you want but gameplay? Seriously?

FM is miles better than any of the previous Xbox One era Forza titles in that regard, if (arguably) nowhere else.

So...forza put a insider program
For those who might be interested.

Signed up for that, thanks! I don't really know what to expect, although it's interesting that an NDA is part of the signup process.

Makes me think this is really going to be a longhaul game with many different trial and errors before things get set up perfectly. And then they mention the word "games", are they really looking that far ahead to the next FM?

Last edited:
Makes me think this is really going to be a longhaul game with many different trial and errors before things get set up perfectly. And then they mention the word "games", are they really looking that far ahead to the next FM?
I always wondered, were NDA created because some people would be reacting too strong (I've seen many freakish people on Youtube, Angry Joe, etc.) or is it just for corporate purposes?

This might not sound like a legit question but I'd really love to know.

Last edited:
I always wondered, were NDA created because some people would be reacting too strong (I've seen many freakish people on Youtube, Angry Joe, etc.) or is it just for corporate purposes?

This might not sound like a legit question but I'd really love to know.
It's so they can control the news about the game. They just want to announce things in their own time frame

Well, the road Huracan certainly seems easier to control than the previous four cars so far. I hope this extends to the Super Trofeo.

Last edited:

I've got a bad feeling about this.

Who knows? Some of those future insiders may end up turning Forza into Genshin Impact in terms of leaking updates. (Showing what cars and features were added in these pre-release builds).

Well, the road Huracan certainly seems easier to control than the previous four cars so far. I hope this extends to the Super Trofeo.
I won't spoil it for you. I personally can't wait for this whole series to be over. I was moderately happy to see race cars featured in the second halves of these races but then again these are Forza race cars so those hopes were quickly dashed. Then you've got road supercars running on these small fractions of tracks although the Lambo wasn't as bad as the Ferrari was.

What is this infatuation T10 have with starting practice in the early morning darkness into dawn? I think it's 4 times now through all of these races it's happened. They turn the headlights off while it's still kind of dark.

I won't spoil it for you. I personally can't wait for this whole series to be over. I was moderately happy to see race cars featured in the second halves of these races but then again these are Forza race cars so those hopes were quickly dashed. Then you've got road supercars running on these small fractions of tracks although the Lambo wasn't as bad as the Ferrari was.

What is this infatuation T10 have with starting practice in the early morning darkness into dawn? I think it's 4 times now through all of these races it's happened. They turn the headlights off while it's still kind of dark.
I kinda thought it was to show off some skybox p*rn and avoid the criticism they've had for the slightly washed-out midday lighting.

Well, people still kept buying more GT games, even when GT6 had some really old PS2 models (the "standards") and cars with no modelled interiors whatsoever. I'm not a GT hater, I played through the PlayStation 1-2 era and GT6 too, I just wanted to point that out.
It was called Autovista then, and really only a select few cars should get that royal treatment, I'm not interested in the thorough explanation of a Dodge Neon or a Ford Fiesta, for example.

I'm totally in agreement with you. I hated the "standards" in GT5 and GT6. Was extremely happy when they got rid of them. Quality over quantity, I say.

I'd somewhat disagree in that Forza still looks at its weakest in the middle of the day, the sunrise/sunset skyboxes & lighting model are where it gets to flex its muscles.

Yeah I'd agree, which is a shame if you spend a lot of time in Rivals as I think that must use midday as it's lighting conditions, would much rather do hotlaps in the low-light conditions.

I'm totally in agreement with you. I hated the "standards" in GT5 and GT6. Was extremely happy when they got rid of them. Quality over quantity, I say.

I always felt conflicted, while they were horrible, I was able to drive my own car (Subaru Legacy GT Spec.B 2003 Wagon)

rmjkTTF.png

Unfortunately, not only did it look horrible, it sounded horrible (my car IRL was from Japan also so equal length headers, did not have the boxer rumble), and didn't drive particularly well either, just had no redeeming qualities.

Next FM ? I have no idea,however it could implies potentially FH6

I've got a bad feeling about this.

Who knows? Some of those future insiders may end up turning Forza into Genshin Impact in terms of leaking updates. (Showing what cars and features were added in these pre-release builds).
Not sure about that,maybe its gonna be very restrictive,also its not FH.

Unless if they want to do a road map and showing some early stuff.

1.No stats.
2. If I want to compete for poduim in MP, almost any class, choices are very limited due to saturation of sweaty Miata, BRZ, P550, and Porsche GT1 users.
Could always look into an organized league. Only some keep stats though.

Sometimes it takes a little hunting around to find one you "fit in" with well, but it's worth it when you do find a group you enjoy racing with.
I don't know why they stopped. Laziness? Can't be funds, I wouldn't have thought. Perhaps a reduction in the player base and so thought it wasn't worth it any longer? But then, in other ways, things have improved so I don't know why they got rid of something that was clearly popular...
I'm not sure it was actually that popular. I've run in a bunch of organized leagues and been at several different Forza-centric forums and Discords and stuff over the years and a lot of the times I've heard it come up it's been as a joke, like "yeah well instead of making more new tracks they will probably make higher detailed trunk carpet for Forzavista" type stuff. Usually when it's brought up in a positive way it's done in rose-tinted FM4 love posts, and while it's brought up here sometimes, this forum is generally more concerned with presentations and fluff stuff like soundtracks and home spaces and menu design and such than I see at most other places.

For me personally... sure Forzavista was a cute feature, but I watched them all once and never bothered again. There are tons of videos of reviews and stuff on YouTube I can go watch for free. I pay $60 (or really $90 or whatever as I always bought collector's editions) for a racing game so I can race, not sit around and have someone read Wikipedia at me.
We haven't seen a TC car for a while, would be nice to get something new in the roster, and obviously the GT4 class is woefully empty, would love to see something extra in this class, as I actually found GT4 highly enjoyable despite the lack of cars.
Seems weird to me the Elantra TCR hasn't made its way over yet, although at this point it's almost "old news" and will be less exciting when it does finally show up. Also would need to hope it doesn't sound as ****ing awful as the Veloster TCR, genuinely can't stand driving that car, it's just miserable to listen to, probably the worst sounding car in the game.

Unfortunately the only GT4 car they really have to pull from previous games is the Cayman. I guess the Maserati could end up there as the Trofeo version wasn't all that different from the GT4 model, mainly had more aero and I believe more adjustability for suspension geometry stuff.

I was busy with admin work for our league's next season and only found time to do one of the 24min (or whatever) GT4 races, but it was enjoyable enough. Kinda disappointing though too, as it seems they upgraded the actual GT4 cars to the pace of the SP3T Audi, which is kinda silly to me... Taking the actual GT4 cars at mid S-class and upgrading them all the way to low R-class kinda makes the GT4 division less distinct compared to GT3/GT2. I'd prefer they nerfed the Audi down to mid S-class and left the GT4 cars as close to actual GT4 spec as possible.

I must admit, I'm pretty "quirky" and somewhat unusual when it comes to many things. I like to watch the same things again and again so for me a Forzavista feature for every car would be awesome 😎 But I can see why others would feel it was a waste of resources.

I feel many fans who say that FM4 is far and away the best game in the series are looking at things through rose tinted glasses 🤓 Sure, they had some great cars and features but at the same time no dynamic weather or day/night cycle. Physics were bad, especially on RWD cars when accelerating.
Many manufacturers that we have had in more recent games weren't available. Although I do miss Saab a little ☺️

I must admit, I'm pretty "quirky" and somewhat unusual when it comes to many things. I like to watch the same things again and again so for me a Forzavista feature for every car would be awesome 😎 But I can see why others would feel it was a waste of resources.

I feel many fans who say that FM4 is far and away the best game in the series are looking at things through rose tinted glasses 🤓 Sure, they had some great cars and features but at the same time no dynamic weather or day/night cycle. Physics were bad, especially on RWD cars when accelerating.
Many manufacturers that we have had in more recent games weren't available. Although I do miss Saab a little ☺️
Also FM4 dont have any endurances races and the fuel consumption is very low.

FM6 might be the best one outside of FM4,i loved it so much.

Could always look into an organized league. Only some keep stats though.

Sometimes it takes a little hunting around to find one you "fit in" with well, but it's worth it when you do find a group you enjoy racing with.

I'm not sure it was actually that popular. I've run in a bunch of organized leagues and been at several different Forza-centric forums and Discords and stuff over the years and a lot of the times I've heard it come up it's been as a joke, like "yeah well instead of making more new tracks they will probably make higher detailed trunk carpet for Forzavista" type stuff. Usually when it's brought up in a positive way it's done in rose-tinted FM4 love posts, and while it's brought up here sometimes, this forum is generally more concerned with presentations and fluff stuff like soundtracks and home spaces and menu design and such than I see at most other places.

For me personally... sure Forzavista was a cute feature, but I watched them all once and never bothered again. There are tons of videos of reviews and stuff on YouTube I can go watch for free. I pay $60 (or really $90 or whatever as I always bought collector's editions) for a racing game so I can race, not sit around and have someone read Wikipedia at me.

Seems weird to me the Elantra TCR hasn't made its way over yet, although at this point it's almost "old news" and will be less exciting when it does finally show up. Also would need to hope it doesn't sound as ****ing awful as the Veloster TCR, genuinely can't stand driving that car, it's just miserable to listen to, probably the worst sounding car in the game.

Unfortunately the only GT4 car they really have to pull from previous games is the Cayman. I guess the Maserati could end up there as the Trofeo version wasn't all that different from the GT4 model, mainly had more aero and I believe more adjustability for suspension geometry stuff.

I was busy with admin work for our league's next season and only found time to do one of the 24min (or whatever) GT4 races, but it was enjoyable enough. Kinda disappointing though too, as it seems they upgraded the actual GT4 cars to the pace of the SP3T Audi, which is kinda silly to me... Taking the actual GT4 cars at mid S-class and upgrading them all the way to low R-class kinda makes the GT4 division less distinct compared to GT3/GT2. I'd prefer they nerfed the Audi down to mid S-class and left the GT4 cars as close to actual GT4 spec as possible.
Idk why they put the Elantra TCR in FH5 but not in FM2023.

Speaking of race cars why we dont have the Mosler MT900 GT3 and the Maserati MC12 versione corsa ?

Last edited:
With GT7, beside some of the issues I personally have with it (limited camera options being the biggest one), after finishing the abysmal cafe menu books (how anyone can seriously say these are an improvement over FM's career is beyond me), the weekly events don't give me much motivation to put more time in, and the pricing of cars in this game is a far more egregious problem than the Featured Tours IMO, I have no desire to grind millions of credits for a single car.
According to Steam, I've played FM for 622 hours, and that's not enough to be able to afford all the cars. The GT7 cafe menu books are deathly dull, you're not wrong there, but GT7 has great races like the Human Comedy missions, and the Tokyo and Sardegna races (and Le Mans and Spa for those who like random weather). There might even be more now, it's a while since I've played the game. FM has zero races comparable to these. The temporary endurance races don't count because they were just temporary, and also they really didn't feel particularly hand crafted to balance multiple strategies.

OK slight FM for it's missing content and features all you want but gameplay? Seriously?

FM is miles better than any of the previous Xbox One era Forza titles in that regard, if (arguably) nowhere else.
How?! There's absolutely zero gameplay other than the repetitive identical career races. That's it, the full extent of the gameplay. In FM7 there was bounty hunter rivals, drift events, drag racing, all gone from FM.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back