Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 14,337 comments
Although they are indeed improving the game and of course shouting out loud how they are listening to their players, I find that almost every update they do they are not really hitting it right as if they don't really truly think this through

the radar is not accurate. it should be as racing is all about precision. Also why not making it possible to set the transparency. As it is now, it is so in your face.
the 'improved' penalty system still is all over the place
the 'improved' ai is still doing the things it did before
when they took away the car level linked to upgrades system, why not take away the level 50 limit? it would be so much interesting to keep that going, see what cars we really truly love to drive.
now they will open up the reward cars for online players. but still they keep forcing us to follow their structure. Not all players like to play as the devs want it. The only thing I appreciate about the game is setting up free racing events max difficulty, all aids off and keep my cars stock. I do alot of races like that. So I do play the game. Why should I not have the ability to acquire those cars? It is a really bad system. At least make them accessible for all for instance 2 months after you can get them through completing a boring onedimensional and always-the-same-format series.

now they will open up the reward cars for online players. but still they keep forcing us to follow their structure. Not all players like to play as the devs want it.
I agree with most of your post, but they're still working on things - bear in mind that the radar is a new addition, I'm sure that proximity distance, transparency, etc are being worked on, and they have indeed said so in their latest comms.

However, I highlighted a section which I'd like your clarification on; you mentioned that reward cars will now be earned on both offline and online play which means that they will be available for a wider range of players and methods, but surely they have to be earned somehow with measureable targets. How do you propose that people are able to receive the reward cars in a way that isn't just 'complete four races online' without it being prescribed in a way that is structured?

I agree with most of your post, but they're still working on things - bear in mind that the radar is a new addition, I'm sure that proximity distance, transparency, etc are being worked on, and they have indeed said so in their latest comms.

However, I highlighted a section which I'd like your clarification on; you mentioned that reward cars will now be earned on both offline and online play which means that they will be available for a wider range of players and methods, but surely they have to be earned somehow with measureable targets. How do you propose that people are able to receive the reward cars in a way that isn't just 'complete four races online' without it being prescribed in a way that is structured?
One option would be as I wrote above, to make the reward cars available for everyone after a certain reasonable time (2 months or so). Another way could be to link it to a certain amount of driven distance be it online or offline career, rivals mode, practice, whatever mode. or diversify things, link it to a certain amount of overtakes, a certain amount of gained places in rivals mode, or make those racing series more interesting so it doesn't feel like constant grinding

another thing to add to my list: there is this very detailed triple page system for setting up free races but there is no way to set your starting position except for first or random, not even a quali session option. why?

I want to also say something positive. I can dig the handling with steering wheel. it is quite detailed and controllable although it is less precise than gran turismo it is more enjoyable because it feels less sterile.

How?! There's absolutely zero gameplay other than the repetitive identical career races. That's it, the full extent of the gameplay. In FM7 there was bounty hunter rivals, drift events, drag racing, all gone from FM.
Zero gameplay other than the Motorsport? The game is motorsport - that's what you do. All the other gimmicky stuff is I suppose nice to have, but it's beside the point.

One option would be as I wrote above, to make the reward cars available for everyone after a certain reasonable time (2 months or so). Another way could be to link it to a certain amount of driven distance be it online or offline career, rivals mode, practice, whatever mode. or diversify things, link it to a certain amount of overtakes, a certain amount of gained places in rivals mode, or make those racing series more interesting so it doesn't feel like constant grinding.
Your first option doesn't make the car feel like a reward, you might as well just not bother to do anything with the game and you'll still get it for no effort. Linking it to driving a certain amount of laps/distance also doesn't feel like a reward for doing nothing but playing the game as normal.

The idea of reward cars is that you earn them as a bonus for doing something different, not more of the same. I do like the idea of linking it to rivals (more than likely 'set a clean lap') or overtakes, however setting criteria against gaining positions in Rivals could potentially discriminate against less-skilled players. T10 have already said that the next set of events will 'introduce a Challenge Hub where you can earn credits, cars, race suits and other rewards for completing various objectives. Whether you prefer to race in Career, compete in Featured Multiplayer, or outpace your Rivals....'

I thought that the Endurace featured tour was a really interesting idea, and doing something like a mini GT racing career ladder, starting with Clio Cup/MX-5, GT4, GT3 then GT2/LMP. Alternatively, you could go for building your car through a series where you start at D class then next race has to be C class, then the next B class, etc, using the same car throughout the whole tour (or even using the same car throughout all four tours). There could also be something like one model of car through history, such as the Porsche 911 or VW Golf, to compare how the car changed.

Drag racing and drifting is part of motorsport as well. And it dosen’t make much sense to have drag tyres when you dont even have drag strip or dragmode.
That was already addressed a year+ ago.
Esaki
With that in mind, we want to let you know we will not have drag or drift game modes available at release. We will, however, have drag tires, as well as drift suspension, available as car upgrades and you can enjoy them in experiences like private Meetup lobbies.

Today, I finally went and finished off the builder's cup with the last 2 events and earned my Porsche 993 GT2. The only thing left for races for me now are just future featured events. Also, a new goal to grind a bit to max out some cars to level 50, not for customization, but rather for the brand discounts. I'm not going to do this with every brand of course, just some of the ones that have a lot of cars or might be an exotic brand like Lamborghini or Ferrari.

I mainly want to do it in order to make future car collecting a bit easier on me, although it's not that challenging already.

I won't play again until they let me get rid of the helmet of my drivatar and add a mullet instead, pretty disgraceful that you're even allowed to drive a Ford Falcon without a visible mullet
Can't even fat arm it out the non-functioning side windows! Pretty pathetic for a supposedly AAA Motorsports title in 2024.

Last edited:
I forgot to talk about the multi-colored Golf glitch. I guess they haven't patched every bug.
Screenshot 2024-09-01 115211.png

Screenshot 2024-09-01 115226.png

I hope when this 'creative hub' thing is introduced then that means the tuning cap will also be increased.

I cannot believe this has still not been adressed, Once you're over the limit you're screwed. Only option is to delete tunes, which is fine i suppose if you want to delere tunes that have thousands of downloads.

I've been unable to share new tunes for months now because of this stupid cap. It also doesn't help that the auto save career tunes count towards the limit aswell.

I hope when this 'creative hub' thing is introduced then that means the tuning cap will also be increased.

I cannot believe this has still not been adressed, Once you're over the limit you're screwed. Only option is to delete tunes, which is fine i suppose if you want to delere tunes that have thousands of downloads.

I've been unable to share new tunes for months now because of this stupid cap. It also doesn't help that the auto save career tunes count towards the limit aswell.
Indeed, 450 Tunes and Designs for a game that just reach 600'ish cars isn't gonna cut it.

I wanna create my home design (That a kid could draw light years better than me even on an in-game car 🤣) on all my cars!

(My bad for double edit, wanted to write rofl emoji but I kept mis-typing it.)

Last edited:
Zero gameplay other than the Motorsport? The game is motorsport - that's what you do. All the other gimmicky stuff is I suppose nice to have, but it's beside the point.
Whenever I see real life motorsport it doesn't bear much resemblance to the FM career races against AI. It seems T10 agrees with my criticism, as they've said they're adding drifting and more varied permanent events. When I was playing GT7, absolutely nobody ever asked for a reduction in variety of single player events. Literally zero people ever asked for that, so I suggest you're in a tiny minority if you think the incredibly repetitive single player races in FM today constitute good gameplay.

"you're in a tiny minority if you think the incredibly repetitive single player races in FM today constitute good gameplay"
That's an inference you're making, not my actual position. I think the game plays just fine (as in - it's easily the best driving experience I've ever had in a Forza title, which is kinda the point) - and while I admit I'm playing mostly the FOMO event roster with the odd rivals and test drive thrown in, that experience has led me to a lot of GT racing, a lot of WTC, some excellent historic/Group C etc gameplay and so on. I certainly don't feel like I'm not getting my money's worth and in fact my biggest gripe is with the relative dearth of modern GT/Prototype racers.

Perhaps it's just the way I'm playing it.

I feel that the Road to Race Tour excluding Ford is wrong. While Lamborghini does race, they just don't have the history and wins that
Chevrolet, Ferrari and Porsche have. It should have been the Ford GT (2nd gen) and the Ford GT (LM GTE-Pro).
Great point!

Last edited:
I wish T10 would flex their supposed IMSA partnership a bit more with future cars coming into the game for the remainder of the year. Unless of course they lost that license to their competitors as I see many of them with the newest and best that IMSA has to offer.
Just did a bit of digging around the IMSA website for their various gaming partnerships, and the focus overwhelmingly seems to be on iRacing content. Unfortunately I think that tells most of the tale.

I think the best races of this past series was the first ones with the Corvette and the last ones with the Porsches. Both the road cars and the race cars in each were decent. I used the RSR I already had for the Porsche race car series. The two in the middle with the Ferrari and Lamborghini, meh...

I would have liked to had 2 laps of the Nordschleife instead of 1 because I started in my normal P8 but I really had to bash my way through to win instead of carefully setting up passes that another lap would have allowed me to do.

I already didn't like having supercars on smaller sections of tracks but Brands Hatch Indy? Really??

I'm glad this series is over. Hopefully the next one will be better.

I'm playing mostly the FOMO event roster with the odd rivals and test drive thrown in, that experience has led me to a lot of GT racing, a lot of WTC, some excellent historic/Group C etc gameplay and so on. I certainly don't feel like I'm not getting my money's worth and in fact my biggest gripe is with the relative dearth of modern GT/Prototype racers.
Okay, I see the difference between us. You're seeing the races as varied due to the types of car being different, which is fine and valid, if that makes them varied for you, no problem. I don't find the different cars to drive particularly differently once built/tuned, so that doesn't give me much feeling of the races being varied. Yes, some cars are more planted than others, but what makes it all so repetitive and identical to me is the races themselves are all just laps of a track for similar duration.

I'll explain how the Tokyo race in GT7, even though it's just one race, is so much more interesting to me than any career race in FM. For starters, it's always there to go back to, it's a fixed reference benchmark, accessible as a single race rather than one race in a series. Where FM has had longer races, there hasn't been any point investing time into them as they were only temporary. It's a fixed weather progression, with the track starting quite wet, and gradually drying out as the race goes on. This makes it a finely balanced choice between tyre compounds, as some types of tyre will perform much better on lap 1, but may wear out faster or give worse grip on later laps. This also impacts whether you pit or not, as it's definitely an option to use wet tyres early on and pit quite early for slicks. Then you have the fuel consumption side of things and how this interacts with the build. I've sometimes added weight reduction one step at a time with a car, seeing how the improved fuel economy impacts total race time. If I take some weight off, and have less power as a result, am I now lapping faster or slower for the same amount of fuel used each lap. Most of the time I tried to make the race a no-stop, but there are virtually no cars where you can do that without any concerns for tyre wear or making the fuel last. Also, obviously there's personal taste involved, but I think the track is amazing and so much better than any fictitious track in FM. This is one of my faster total race times for it, with the fuel just lasting the race, and very worn tyres at the end:

Then you have a completely different race in the Maggiore Human Comedy race, for example, which is a one hour Gr.3 BOP race with no building and tuning. That race is all about trying out the different car options, working out how to optimally drive each one for fuel consumption vs pace and trying to develop consistent pace over the one hour duration. Again, it's a permanent individual race so you can keep going back to it, and there's a leaderboard for laps completed.

Or there's the 30 minute Le Mans and 60 minute Spa races with random weather, or other 60 minute Human Comedy races with different sources of interest in each one, e.g. some limit you to one car, some you have a PP limit etc.

So that's what I'm comparing FM to - the different types of car in FM's races don't make them feel varied to me, I want the events themselves to be varied with lots of different sources of interest in each one.

Last edited:
Yes Imho they really don’t use all the option to make race interesting- maybe smaller grid with slower car , career event with multi categories of cars, and make a use of the time of the day and weather variation during the race, offer event with tire and fuel management being actual part of race strategy.

All is already in the game; they just need to craft and implement the events …

Back