Scottish
Contributing Writer
Scotland
GTPlanet
Street-King-07
Quattro Saltire
This is the discussion thread for an article on GTPlanet:

Forza Motorsport Update 11: Road Atlanta, Multi-Class Racing, and More

Turn 10 has begun rolling out Update 11 for all Forza Motorsport players on Xbox consoles and PC. Known as “Road to Race”, the newest update explores the connections between high-performance street cars and their racing counterparts...

Because FM on XSX runs at around 1500p on performance RT mode (the default mode) and GT7 runs at native 4k
I'm running at 1440p on PC and it looks way better than his footage. I do have TAA off and DLAA on, which I guess is different to how XSX runs it, but if that's how it looks by default on XSX, I now understand why some people rant about how unbelievably terrible the game looks.

They really need to add the 3D grass that we know is already in the game, too, as the flat grass textures are a major factor in making people say the game looks bad.

I'm running at 1440p on PC and it looks way better than his footage. I do have TAA off and DLAA on, which I guess is different to how XSX runs it, but if that's how it looks by default on XSX, I now understand why some people rant about how unbelievably terrible the game looks.

They really need to add the 3D grass that we know is already in the game, too, as the flat grass textures are a major factor in making people say the game looks bad.
Yea it's standard TAA and it's upscaled to 4k so it's gonna have a soft image the performance mode is native 4k the majority of the time and looks a lot sharper but the lack of decent ambient occlusion is very obvious. I think they could've done a better job using SSAO

Because FM on XSX runs at around 1500p on performance RT mode (the default mode) and GT7 runs at native 4k

I've been running in Perf RT mode for the last couple months, it doesn't look anywhere near as blurry as that. The capture looks like it's from a Series S

I've been running in Perf RT mode for the last couple months, it doesn't look anywhere near as blurry as that. The capture looks like it's from a Series S
Well it says XSX in the video title

Also the XSS version looks way worse than that from what i've seen.

Last edited:

Don't know why his FM footage is so much softer than his GT7 footage.

I will never understand why in these sorts of comparison videos instead of using literally the same car that is in both games (The Lexus RC F GT3 for instance, even featuring the Vasser-Sullivan livery in both), some folks like this use two completely different cars instead.

Last edited:
Content-wise the update is a bit too meagre. Rebuilt Road Atlanta is appreciated, but only two cars is ungenerous when many haven’t even returned from FM7.

Also, I joined this game quite late and by now I would like some info on second chances to obtain time-limited reward cars from the earlier months. We’re completely in the dark on this matter... Why not bring back Forzathon and let us earn cars by completing driving challenges? It would make for a more vibrant experience.

Last edited:
I will never understand why in these sorts of comparison videos instead of using literally the same car that is in both games (The Lexus RC F GT3 for instance, even featuring the Vasser-Sullivan livery in both), some folks like this use two completely different cars instead.
I never understand it either other than to just be biased or some people really think that cars like this are "practically the same thing". :rolleyes:

----
How did that guy have the R33 Pennzoil already? The event required to enter in winning it is locked on my end.

Loving the monthly updates and getting a new track every two months is great. Really enjoying the career modes being updated monthly (weekly drip feed is perfect) and it works perfectly for me as by the time I finish the new races it's a short period of time for the next update. Keep them coming.
I'm still finishing off last month's and haven't even checked out RA, saving that for the new events!

How did that guy have the R33 Pennzoil already? The event required to enter in winning it is locked on my end.

Mine too.
You can drive it in Private Multiplayer lobbies as a rental car by just setting the car rules page to "Nissan" and then "#23 Pennzoil Nismo" etc for whatever the car is. Also works with the Aston GTE and returning Ferrari 458 GTC, as it works with all unreleased cars whether they are prizes or featured cars. It also seems to work with DLC cars too sometimes even when you don't have the DLC as we got it to work one night for a buddy, but basically everyone I know has the DLC now so haven't been able to test it further.

You can do the same thing in Free Play, but you first have to load into Free Play in a different car, start a race and drive across the start line, then "Exit" and "To event menu" and then you can put in the restriction.

It will usually just put you straight into the car and you can start the race with the car you restricted it to. Sometimes it will be a bit finicky and give you a warning about not being in the right car or whatever but on the multiplayer side at least you can just push B to ignore them.

Obviously as a rental car you can't tune it or paint it or upgrade it or anything, although you can at least change tire compounds.

It's a trick that has been in the game since launch.

Last edited:
Back