Free “My First Gran Turismo” Demo Coming Later This Year

• Thread starter Famine
  • 196 comments
Well did anyone predict this?

This is just a GT7 demo though right - are we expecting any new content for it?

A demo without a new full game on the horizon tells me that GT7 is only halfway through its life, and they want to attract more players. Fine with me as long as they don’t get too distracted from keeping GT7 fresh with frequent new content.

Well did anyone predict this?

This is just a GT7 demo though right - are we expecting any new content for it?
I’m not expecting anything new. More like a tiny version of GT7 showcasing the game in a way that aims to resonate with as many people as possible.

Last edited:
I think this will be a GT7 demo to test new cars and tracks before they are added to the full game.

Or it could be like Minecraft's "snapshots".

Not the announcement I'd expect from PD these days...

I'm very curious what content will be picked to "evoke the nostalgia and excitement of the very first GT experience". And whether is it coming with some sort of new mini-career mode and separate progression system not centered around the Cafe. I'm willing to start playing this game all over again if it had the Cafe swapped for a classic career mode :D

Last edited:
I think this will be a GT7 demo to test new cars and tracks before they are added to the full game.

Or it could be like Minecraft's "snapshots".
I disagree…

More likely this
I’m not expecting anything new. More like a tiny version of GT7 showcasing the game in a way that aims to resonate with as many people as possible.

Mmm interesting. I’m not gonna try and get excited and then be disappointed. So I’ll just have to wait and see what comes. If it’s a demo I’m expecting it just to be something exciting for new players. But then again it could be a demo for all of us that is built in such a way we don’t see in GT7. Who knows.

My expectations are roughly a modern GT HD Concept levels of content, but with an arcade race feature. Fitting that we just got the track from that demo.

Either way, this is clearly not aimed at those of us already discussing this game on a dedicated forum for it, so I'd keep your hopes for "new" low.

Yeap, just expecting a few of the original GT tracks and cars that were in it or the "poster" cars for the series like the Castrol Supra and the Raybrig NSX. Maybe some of the classic menu music. Very simple, but cool, stuff for people who haven't played GT7 yet.

Best I'd hope for is to coincide with a new GT7 track thats based on an oldie like Autumn Ring, Midfield, or Apricot Hill. I'd love a Special Stage Route 5. But all that feels like a stretch though.

Last edited:
Yeah, Kaz said GT7 would be nostalgic and play to new players experiencing Gran Turismo for the first time like those of us that played the first game. We’ll see.

The cynic in me feels this is just another distraction which diverts resources away from the main game.
To me it says Sony are pumping more resources into PD and the franchise than ever before.

After the high of GT5, commercially & hype wise, if not critically, GT6 took a nosedive. GTS was greeted with scepticism, it took time before the wider gaming community realised, not only how good the title was, but the necessity to rebuild everything from the ground up.

Given how chaotic this gen has been for game development GT7 has been a real bright spark for Sony. Giving 60m+ PS5 users a taste of GT7, without destroying sales with a PS+ release, is a great way to attract more players. As if it was in doubt, it also solidifies the belief GT7 will get continued content and technical support. We could also be days away from a PS5 Pro reveal which features GT7.

This is a cute idea. 6 car grids I'm guessing?

I wonder if anything new at all is going to be in it or if it's all content already in GT7.

Back