Free “My First Gran Turismo” Demo Coming Later This Year

• Thread starter Famine
  • 196 comments
OK but it was still a great track me and my brother enjoyed playing on it. Our best race finished with only .02 of a second gap and I only won because his car changed gear.. wish they brought it back.

I am so confused with this demo...

Why name it "my first GT" ??

Who is it aimed for ?

With such a title, Are they trying to attract new GT players ?
That would require the new player to already have a PS4 or PS5....
BUT those people who already have a PS4 Pro or PS5, I would think those people are either GT fans and already have several GT games OR they just not into GT, and it won't be a demo like this to convince them anytime soon..

So the title doesn't make sense here.

For those who have either PS4 Pro or PS5, and they already are GT fans like most of us here, them the title still doesn't make sense, because we have had several GT games already.

At this point we dont need a first GT, we need All of the GT since the beginning of time. Or we need GT8, not some small demo.

I am not gonna be bothered getting excited about this news.

You know what would have been dope? if they remaked the GT1 demo in GT7

yea i know its a long shot but i can dream :D

That was my first Gran Turismo. In my day, demos came out before the game or around launch window, not approaching nearly three years afterwards. Anyway, don't mind a nostalgia dosage now and again, hopefully it doesn't take up too much space. PDI used to create so many demo versions for shows, was one of the fun parts of visiting GTP to see new footage shared so look forward to playing it. Only yesterday was thinking of looking for my GT2 copy to drive the original Mégane. Probably a lot of people who try out the demo have already got the game. :D

Was hoping for a standalone GT release this year but a next-gen showcase, hopefully Hyundai and GT are cooking something good up!

Who is it aimed for ?

With such a title, Are they trying to attract new GT players ?
The answer to the last question - and therefore backfilling the others - is "yes".
This holiday, look forward to a free trial version designed to attract a diverse players of all skill levels to the globally acclaimed Gran Turismo 7.
Although this does need the words "range of" inserted in order to actually make sense.

It would be highly ineffective to remaster a PS3 demo if they’re hoping to boost GT7 sales on PS5.
I didn't mean this, I meant as in a possible event featured within the new demo which is a homagé to GTHD - the first HD era game.

Last edited:
I'm not quite sure where people are getting the idea that it'll be a recreation of the PS1-era games. The fact the Countach, a car introduced in GTPSP, is being displayed in the promotion image already counters that notion, no?
From the blog post containing the original announcement:
Explore a nostalgic homage to the original Gran Turismo, enjoy digital soundtracks from classic PlayStation games, and create fun moments with our new “Shapes of Play” collection – these are just a few of the ways we’re inviting you to join our community celebration, which starts this month.
The Japanese blog post is about the same in terms of wording, so unless something was lost in translation between PDI and the team in charge of the PlayStation blog I think a GT1-inspired demo is a fair prediction.

Of course "my first GT" could mean just a general ode to nostalgia and people's "very first GT experience" and maybe is not even related to the homage the post alludes to, so I guess we just gotta wait for further info.

Last edited:
With the PS5 Pro coming on the holidays, would make sense to give players a free little sample of what it can do with GT7. Or so I think anyways.

Hopefully the demo consists of a rigged, overpowered C2 Corvette!
IMG_5808.png

This seems like a distraction... a free demo which takes resources and generates no revenue... And GT7 game play and with miserable exhausting random gambling and credit economy along with online sportsmanship/fairness over run by rampant slamming and no accountability is over shadowed by this, and for what again? This is for children too young for a drivers license? who are sitting on a trust fund waiting to buy a PS5 Pro enticed by the opportunity to get a Gran Turismo demo? Make it make sense.

Sounds to me like "My First PC Gran Turismo", and I would certainly play it. If I recall correctly, Turn 10 dipped their toes in the PC waters with Forza Motorsport 6 Apex (which was more than a demo, but not a full price game.)

Is this like baby's first mash or something? Seems like a strange thing to do and I have a lot of questions. How many events will it have? Will there be a maximum of six cars on track? What tracks will it contain? All the remade original circuits currently in GT7? What about the Autumn Ring? Is that going to be revived? How about the menus? Will it be like GT7 or GT1? How many cars? 10, 15, 25? 50? No no, probably not 50 as that may constitute a full game.😹 Anyway we need more information instead of buzzwords and hype because demos don't come around all that often.

Last edited:
Realistically, it's likely a low-cost demo that reuses some of the cars, tracks, and music from past GTs from GT7.
If they're keen, new tracks and cars that pay homage to GT1 may appear in the demo to coincide with the GT7 update in September, but that's probably hoping too much.

Could be just like Arcade Mode with the current line up of cars to choose plus a few more. Trial Mountain like the GT7 teaser trailer using the RX-Vision. Maybe High Speed Ring as that’s an easy and short track for the Christmas family to take turns smashing into walls and joyously pointing and laughing with one another while drinking some hot cocoa. Yeah.

Yeah, I think they could do a stripped-down, GT1 or GT2-style experience using assets from GT7 and a new menu interface. Drop a couple used and "new" (but actually from around 2000) cars in there, a grid of events taking place on a few original tracks, probably little or no online functionality or visual customization.

If they wanted to induce nostalgia and include new content while expending as little effort as possible, they could bring back some of the LM Editions of existing cars as prizes.

I'm interested to see where this goes, it almost sounds like the opposite of GT Sport.

Surely they will at least have a new car not in GT7 to pump up download numbers. If they're smart, a new track but, they aren't smart so there's that.
I think the demo is aimed at new players, so if there is a "new" car they won't care because they are not playing already. The idea is not to pump up downloads from players who already have the game.
It would be highly ineffective to remaster a PS3 demo if they’re hoping to boost GT7 sales on PS5.
100%

Who is it aimed for ?

With such a title, Are they trying to attract new GT players ?.
I think you have the right answer : attract new players.
To me, it's aimed at being a trip down memory lane but remastered for the PS4/5 platforms
Don't think so, but I'd be pleasantly surprised if it happens to be that way.

I think With 30 year anniversary for Sony and to celebrate gt with a blast from the past,

Should be the Mitsubishi gto twinturbo 96 as one of featured cars, one of gt most iconic cars that we dont have in gt7, and never been a premium in earlier titles either.

Maybe another returning classic gt track as well for celebration.

And some worthy events thats simular to the past as well.

Last edited:
If they wanted to induce nostalgia and include new content while expending as little effort as possible, they could bring back some of the LM Editions of existing cars as prizes.
Your comment made me think of an idea.
They could recreate the GT1/GT2 LM Edition style liveries based on road cars, like in the JGTC special events.

This would probably be the least costly way to create a sense of nostalgia for experienced players, and considering how well-known these cars are, it would be easy for new players to see that it's a homage to the classic GTs.

Latest Posts

Back