From Forza to GT Sport

• Thread starter StillGotIt
  • 83 comments
Wont be able to try that for about 8 hours unfortunately, but with a 4K HDR patch supposedly in development for FH3, I guess this is the perfect time to reinstall the game.

Never said that you're making it up, just posting that it's something that I've not encountered, but I' made sure to note that I've not played the game since the release of the first expansion pack, so things could have very well changed. You'd think it would be something that people would be extremely vocal about.

I am excitedly anticipating the 4k patch. Honestly, I think it just goes over most peoples heads before they even register it.

Ummm it is a bad thing because it locks gameplay options that used to be available to everyone behind a stupid gambling system. Loot boxes are a HUGE negative and why Battlefront II has bombed in comparison to the first from 2015. Also why so many were upset with Destiny 2 which also saw a decline in sales.

When you remove content from a game to be put behind a currency system it’s effecting gameplay. Go watch The Jimquisition if you don’t understand why lootboxes are bad.
You can't even buy loot boxes with real money in FM7... yet. And the loot boxes aren't even worth it anyways, no special/exclusive cars through car boxes, the suit boxes sucks and the mod card boxes are the only ones you should bother to buy and that's only optional and aren't expensive (you can make 30,000-50,000 in a couple races). There is no paywall blocking you from anything.

Stop reading the crap on the internet.

You can't even buy loot boxes with real money in FM7... yet
If, and when they do this, this is when it will actually become a problem. As of yet, everything you've been reading is not happening.

Destiny 2 also doesn't have loot boxes, it's been using the same system its been using since Destiny 1.
You really haven't been keeping up with the news on D2 have you. Have a read of the D2 thread.

If you're talking about the Eververse, it's nothing new to the game. It has been using the same microtransaction system since D1. Whatever the case, every single item they sell you get for free from them by leveling up, albeit at a random chance. Although, the microtransactions are random anyways.
So the devs messing about with the experience you get has passed you by then.

I don't recall any +5 light items dropping in D1.

So the devs messing about with the experience you get has passed you by then.

I don't recall any +5 light items dropping in D1.
That has exactly to do with our current discussion about things like microtransactions and loot boxes? In a sense if the items you can buy in the Eververse actually came at a higher level than the gear you currently have, and they made the experience gain so much of a crawl that you feel you have to buy them, then you have a point. That's not the case though. The gear dropped from Eververse drops at Light level 10, me being at 321, how does that work out in the way you're implying?

Before I go on about the Mods you're talking about, I'd like to note that the microntrasaction/eververse does not drop those +5 mods, but drop the components you need to develop them, but the game throws them at you like crazy that you'd be a fool to buy those packs thinking you'll get those, because you actually don't. However, again, like everything else you keep bringing up, that's not really here nor there. Those +5 mods aren't useable until you're at the max level of the game, and at that point, you wont even need them because they drop for free and the amount of time it takes to get there you'd have amassed so many that it wouldn't even be an issue. Also, don't forget that they drop for free, or you can just make your own without having to wait for the random chances of the Eververse microtransactions.

One big thing you obviously don't know either, is that everything sold at the Eververse is able to be bought with in game currency, without having to spend any real world money. Every week there is a selection of about 15 items to choose from that those microtransactions give you, and they rotate every week.

You really haven't been keeping up with the news on D2 have you. Have a read of the D2 thread.
Pretty funny that you actually said this, considering your actual lack of knowledge here. I suggest actually looking up the things you're talking about.

If you wish to continue talking about Destiny, take it to the correct thread. Discussing this with you here is pointless as it has little to do with the discussion at hand, and you seem to have a general lack of knowledge on it so stopping it in this thread would be best.

Last edited:
You can't even buy loot boxes with real money in FM7... yet. And the loot boxes aren't even worth it anyways, no special/exclusive cars through car boxes, the suit boxes sucks and the mod card boxes are the only ones you should bother to buy and that's only optional and aren't expensive (you can make 30,000-50,000 in a couple races). There is no paywall blocking you from anything.

Stop reading the crap on the internet.

Its already been said how real money will be introduced from T10. Maybe the backlash will prevent it.

Its already been said how real money will be introduced from T10. Maybe the backlash will prevent it.
Yes, I'm pretty sure he was aware of that, since he did post "yet." Either way, you're wrong, we don't know how it'll be implemented. In the way it was before, almost completely removed from view if you want with it not affecting anything at all, or if it'll be tied to loot boxes? So no need to get up into a storm just yet, lets wait for actual evidence before hand.

However, even if tied to loot boxes, there is nothing locked behind those whatsoever. If people want to blow their hard earned money on a speed progression, I'm all fine with it as long as it doesn't affect me. With EA in hotwater with it currently, I'm wondering how it'll plan out for any future game, to be honest.

I think if you're going to jump from Forza to GT Sport, this is around the best time to do it with the new patch out this month. Finally we will have a single player part of the game that makes a Gran Turismo game.

The good news is between now and March 2018 we have been "promised" that a number of missing tracks will be added to the game as well as over 20+ cars. I really love the online sport mode of this game, but it's been tedious with just 3 daily races on such a small number of tracks. The GT4 and GT3 element of the game is really strong. I am hoping we will see LMP1 stuff happen over the coming months, as we have not had any of the official daily races or FIA seasons with these cars "yet".

I understand with the latest Thrustmaster base for the XBone, if you put the PS4 wheel on, you can play on the PS4. I own the Thrustmaster T300 and it's a great wheel for both GT Sport and Project cars 2.

Welcome to the world of GT. An update is supposed to be coming out later this month with 12 new cars and looking to be free DLC which is a plus for the millions who play GT and just want to play without the worry of having to pay out of pocket for more tracks/cars. The addition of the GT League will be a plus as well in the next big update before the new year rolls around and PD is planning to keep adding new cars/tracks over the life of the game. If you have not noticed yet, you will need a PS+ subscription in order to play all PS4 games online which is a great deal because Sony gives out two free games per month plus a bunch of other goodies with the subscription. Hope you enjoy yourself and see you on track. i will be doing the circuit experiences first, driving school second and the mission challenges will be last for me because doing the circuit experiences first will help me in GTS along the line. I will start playing Christmas night. :cheers:

Loot boxes do absolutely nothing to the game, negatively, whatsoever.

Going to disagree there. The inclusion of Loot Boxes, means the entire game has been restructured to make them work. It's the only they can work. And whilst they are relatively harmless in Forza 7, you can guarantee that Forza 8 will have important cars and special (better) car upgrades hidden behind Loot Boxes.

I can't even play Forza any more... I have 7 but after playing GT Sport I noticed just how slidey the cars are, it's like there's no aero downforce applied at all even on race cars.
This is how I feel, but especially in PC2, that game is completely unplayable for me. It's like these developers didn't realize that the latest race cars are easier to drive than ever.

Codemasters F1 2016-2017 did a great job with modern racing as well.

This is how I feel, but especially in PC2, that game is completely unplayable for me. It's like these developers didn't realize that the latest race cars are easier to drive than ever.

Codemasters F1 2016-2017 did a great job with modern racing as well.

Mind is blown with this one

Going to disagree there. The inclusion of Loot Boxes, means the entire game has been restructured to make them work. It's the only they can work. And whilst they are relatively harmless in Forza 7, you can guarantee that Forza 8 will have important cars and special (better) car upgrades hidden behind Loot Boxes.
No, really, it's not but go ahead with that thought. It's a completely optional feature to either get gifted a random car that you can buy, or driver gear and mods. As it sits, the only thing that is actually an exclusive there is the Driver gear(to an extent, since you can get most as prizes through leveling up or joining events) and the mods that net you extra credits at the end of the race. There is absolutely nothing that will give you an advantage in any way, or that affects the game negatively as it sits. They aren't relatively harmless, they're completely harmless as it is.

If you have to use hypothetical situations to support that point, than you didn't really have one in the first place.

Last edited:
No, really, it's not but go ahead with that thought. It's a completely optional feature to either get gifted a random car that you can buy, or driver gear and mods. As it sits, the only thing that is actually an exclusive there is the Driver gear(to an extent, since you can get most as prizes through leveling up or joining events) and the mods that net you extra credits at the end of the race. There is absolutely nothing that will give you an advantage in any way, or that affects the game negatively as it sits.

If you have to use hypothetical situations to support that point, than you didn't really have one in the first place.
I'll say it again. The problem with loot boxes is that they exist. They are comparable to premium currencies in games. They are made to make money and give an advantage to the people who pay for them and make it a grind for other people who don't. Yes, you can still get everything in the game without them, but every game with them is designed to be a grind UNLESS you buy lootboxes.

Lootboxes are the cancer of gaming, along with premium currencies and Crapgamerreviews.

I'll say it again. The problem with loot boxes is that they exist. They are comparable to premium currencies in games. They are made to make money and give an advantage to the people who pay for them and make it a grind for other people who don't. Yes, you can still get everything in the game without them, but every game with them is designed to be a grind UNLESS you buy lootboxes.

Lootboxes are the cancer of gaming, along with premium currencies and Crapgamerreviews.
And I'll say again, for the umpteenth time, they do not require real world money to buy, they do not hold any exclusives that give you an advantage, and there is no additional grind to the game. Its not hard at all to amass enough credits to buy the most expensive car in the game, which is only a few million. I'm sitting at 2 million, after just spending 3 million last night, and sitting on somewhere around 150-200 cars. I can make 150k in 10 minutes from purely racing means only. On top of all this, every single time you level up in the game(which only takes about 1-2 races) they throw expensive new cars at you.

The problem here is that you're associating a different games economy and design decisions with this one. Why don't you actually try using experience to talk about the game you're talking about, or some sort of facts at least, instead of making things up.

No, really, it's not but go ahead with that thought. It's a completely optional feature to either get gifted a random car that you can buy, or driver gear and mods. As it sits, the only thing that is actually an exclusive there is the Driver gear(to an extent, since you can get most as prizes through leveling up or joining events) and the mods that net you extra credits at the end of the race. There is absolutely nothing that will give you an advantage in any way, or that affects the game negatively as it sits. They aren't relatively harmless, they're completely harmless as it is.

Not going to get into this (not a huge fan of pointless internet arguments/debates).

It has well and truly been established how Loot Boxes damage the progress of games. And, yes, their implementation in Forza 7 is 'relatively harmless'. This is because players' are being introduced to the mechanics of Loot Boxes and T10 don't want it to be too jarring.

As already mentioned, Forza 8 is where it really gets bad. And this isn't hypothetical, there are real world instances of this happening several times already. I love Forza but being a blind fanboy and defending Loot Box tactics helps no one in the long run. They'll almost certainly be in the next Horizon too with opportunity to purchase Wheel Spins with real money (with rewards being more than just skins).

Saying the Loot Boxes in Forza 7 are harmless is like walking off a cliff and saying the initial fall wasn't dangerous.

It has well and truly been established how Loot Boxes damage the progress of games. And, yes, their implementation in Forza 7 is 'relatively harmless'. This is because players' are being introduced to the mechanics of Loot Boxes and T10 don't want it to be too jarring.
And it's damaging progressing how? By letting you have access to random gifts? Please explain what it's actually damaging in the game. I'm honestly wondering how it's damaging progress.

As already mentioned, Forza 8 is where it really gets bad.
Oh wow, you have your copy already?! You must be an extremely lucky guy. Please, tell me all about what is going to go on with Forza 8, that doesn't release for another 2 years to us plebs.

And this isn't hypothetical, there are real world instances of this happening several times already.
It's a hypothetical, plain and simple. It's laughable that you think its not. You're making up a situation to try to prove your point. It wouldn't be a hypothetical if Forza 8 was here and it happened, but it's not, so stop pretending.

love Forza but being a blind fanboy and defending Loot Box tactics helps no one in the long run.
So now you're resorting to name calling? I'm not defending loot boxes, I'm stopping the spread of misinformation. There seems to be a lot of that with your posts.

They'll almost certainly be in the next Horizon too with opportunity to purchase Wheel Spins with real money (with rewards being more than just skins).
Horizon, since its inception has already had a system very similar to this in which you purchase a "wheel spin" and get a random gift off it. It never used real money.

Saying the Loot Boxes in Forza 7 are harmless is like walking off a cliff and saying the initial fall wasn't dangerous.
So please, explain what the harm to the game is.

I'll say again if you have to make up a situation to prove your point, you never had one to begin with.

Back