Front spoiler and extensions???

• Thread starter Taz69
  • 14 comments
United States
NC
Tazzz16
OK here is the question. Take a car like the 458.. You can purchase front spoiler and extensions.. But if you dont have a rear spoiler on the car you cant see if you are getting the +5 downforce on the front cause there is no meter. It dosent show downforce in the tuneing garage unless you add a wing. So here is my question do you get the benefits of front downforce without haveing a spoiler on the rear. I ask cause when you add these features no PP is taken away. Only when you add the wing is PP taken away. And it dosent matter if you add just the rear wing or all the stuff front spoiler rear diffuser extension ect. It still only takes away the same PP amount.. So it might look cool but unless you have a rear spoiler are you getting any front downforce with JUST those item on the car and no rear spoiler..

Nobody is going to know for sure, but I would say NO, you do not get the benefits of front downforce without having the spoiler on the rear.

If a car has front downforce that is not adjustable with a wing on it, it has that amount of front downforce without the wing.

It also has the minimum setting for rear downforce minus 5 as downforce on the rear.

In fact, wings only affect rear downforce, the canards and lips for the front have no actual performance gain.

If a car has front downforce that is not adjustable with a wing on it, it has that amount of front downforce without the wing.

It also has the minimum setting for rear downforce minus 5 as downforce on the rear.

In fact, wings only affect rear downforce, the canards and lips for the front have no actual performance gain.

So you are saying that a 458 with front spoiler and extensions has no more front downforce than one without them things. Is this why PP dosent change when you add them. You ONLY gain rear downforce when a wing is put on. So a street car you can only purchase REAR downforce. The front has what it has either with or without the extensions and front spoiler?

So you are saying that a 458 with front spoiler and extensions has no more front downforce than one without them things. Is this why PP dosent change when you add them. You ONLY gain rear downforce when a wing is put on. So a street car you can only purchase REAR downforce. The front has what it has either with or without the extensions and front spoiler?

I think he's saying that any car you add front downforce to in GT Auto only gains an appearance change; no actual downforce. It's not just the 458.

Yes. I concur. The front aero extensions are just for show. Seems pretty stupid that adding little wings to the front of your car would do nothing to affect downforce. I add them only when I think it makes the car look better.

I think he's saying that any car you add front downforce to in GT Auto only gains an appearance change; no actual downforce. It's not just the 458.

I`ve never seen any difference too, but most of the time, i add a spoiler for the psycological effect :) and the look when it have a good one. For example the DB9 i´m working on actually will not have any front spoiler and lateral ... don´t know the name. The car is 100% better without .
><(((((°>°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Wouldn't this be easy to test? Downforce should add air resistance, which should theoretically lower top speed. So running the 458 with and without front extensions (but otherwise identical settings) on the SSR7 straight should be revealing.

Wouldn't this be easy to test? Downforce should add air resistance, which should theoretically lower top speed. So running the 458 with and without front extensions (but otherwise identical settings) on the SSR7 straight should be revealing.

I think what you are hearing from us tuners is that we have experienced no gain. If my lap times went down in my testing then I would be adding it to every car. I only add it for looks. Plus, adding downforce also increases PP. GT Auto shows no PP gain.

Did the test now. Aston martin DB9 /550PP. SS Route 7

-Without spoiler = 320 kmh
-With spoiler = 320 kmh

With exactly the same variations at the same place of the road.

No resistance or downforce adding spoiler. Just aesthetic. :indiff:

><(((((°>°°°°°°°°°°°°°

I've tested this on quite a few cars... Front aero, rear aero, and extensions are looks-only items, they don't cause even 0.001s difference on a full mile run at Route X or 0.1mph difference on the 10km top speed test.

I've tested this on quite a few cars... Front aero, rear aero, and extensions are looks-only items, they don't cause even 0.001s difference on a full mile run at Route X or 0.1mph difference on the 10km top speed test.

Which is stupid, because it should make a difference. Adding these parts doesnt even increase the weight of the car.

THANKS guys now THATS the answer I was looking for 👍 Just for show some cars look good with them others look better without but it is all look. PD get your crap together cause in the rear world FRONT spoilers and extensions make good downforce.

When you select "No Tuning" inside the regulations filter when racing on-line, having a front lip spoiler, or ground effect/extensions are counted as "Tuning Upgrades".

That&#8217;s really lame because they have no real effect on the cars speed or handling.
PD needs to fix that. Adding extensions/spoilers should have a pronounced effect on the cars performance. That should be reflected in the game&#8230;.period.

Back