Full AI - The End of Humanity?

It is right there:
When comparing decimals

On documentations, it is not decimals as in "parts of", but instead 2 whole numbers seperated by a dot for clarification of sections that belong together.

I just tried the above:

Hi human, I'm a GPT-4o mini powered AI chatbot. Ask me anything!
-> What's bigger, 9.9 or 9.11?

9.11 is bigger than 9.9. If you have any further questions or need more information, let me know!
-> Explain your statement mathematically.

Of course! To explain why 9.11 is bigger than 9.9, let's take a closer look at the numbers:
1. Numbers in the decimal system: Both numbers have an integer (9) and a decimal place.
The key difference is in the digits after the decimal point.

2. Comparison of the decimals:
  • 9.9 has one decimal place of 9.
  • 9.11 has two decimal places: 1 and 1.

3. Expansion of the numbers:
You can also write 9.9 as 9.90 to match the number of decimal places.
Now we have: - 9.90 - 9.11

4. Comparing the digits:
Now we compare the digits:
  • The integer is the same for both (9).
  • The first decimal place: 9 (in 9.90) is greater than 1 (in 9.11).
  • Since the first decimal place of 9.90 is greater, 9.90 (and thus 9.9) is less than 9.11.

In summary: 9.11 is greater than 9.9 because the digits after the decimal point in 9.11 add up to a higher value.
If you have any further questions, I'm happy to help!

-> Based on step 3, you claim that 90 is less than 11. Your calculation is factually wrong.
9.9 is greater than 9.11.
So that you understand: 9.9 can also be understood as 9+90/100, whereas 9.11 is represented as 9+11/100.
Correct your calculation based on my explanation.

You are absolutely right and I apologize for the error in my previous answer.
Let's analyze the numbers correctly:
1. Representation of the numbers:
  • 9.9 can be represented as \( 9 + \frac{90}{100} \).
  • 9.11 can be represented as \( 9 + \frac{11}{100} \).

2. Comparison of the fractions:
  • \( \frac{90}{100} = 0.90 \)
  • \( \frac{11}{100} = 0.11 \)

3. Addition:
  • Therefore \( 9.9 = 9 + 0.90 = 9.90 \)
  • And \( 9.11 = 9 + 0.11 = 9.11 \)

4. Comparison:
- Now we can see that \( 9.90 \) (i.e. 9.9) is actually greater than \( 9.11 \).
Thank you for your patience and the correction!
If you have any further questions or need more information, I am happy to help.

Funnily enough, when asking the same question on the same chat-session, it will answer correctly, but when using a different chat-session it will fall back to its first answer.

It is right there:

On documentations, it is not decimals as in "parts of", but instead 2 whole numbers seperated by a dot for clarification of sections that belong together.

I just tried the above:

Hi human, I'm a GPT-4o mini powered AI chatbot. Ask me anything!
-> What's bigger, 9.9 or 9.11?

9.11 is bigger than 9.9. If you have any further questions or need more information, let me know!
-> Explain your statement mathematically.

Of course! To explain why 9.11 is bigger than 9.9, let's take a closer look at the numbers:
1. Numbers in the decimal system: Both numbers have an integer (9) and a decimal place.
The key difference is in the digits after the decimal point.

2. Comparison of the decimals:
  • 9.9 has one decimal place of 9.
  • 9.11 has two decimal places: 1 and 1.

3. Expansion of the numbers:
You can also write 9.9 as 9.90 to match the number of decimal places.
Now we have: - 9.90 - 9.11

4. Comparing the digits:
Now we compare the digits:
  • The integer is the same for both (9).
  • The first decimal place: 9 (in 9.90) is greater than 1 (in 9.11).
  • Since the first decimal place of 9.90 is greater, 9.90 (and thus 9.9) is less than 9.11.

In summary: 9.11 is greater than 9.9 because the digits after the decimal point in 9.11 add up to a higher value.
If you have any further questions, I'm happy to help!

-> Based on step 3, you claim that 90 is less than 11. Your calculation is factually wrong.
9.9 is greater than 9.11.
So that you understand: 9.9 can also be understood as 9+90/100, whereas 9.11 is represented as 9+11/100.
Correct your calculation based on my explanation.

You are absolutely right and I apologize for the error in my previous answer.
Let's analyze the numbers correctly:
1. Representation of the numbers:
  • 9.9 can be represented as \( 9 + \frac{90}{100} \).
  • 9.11 can be represented as \( 9 + \frac{11}{100} \).

2. Comparison of the fractions:
  • \( \frac{90}{100} = 0.90 \)
  • \( \frac{11}{100} = 0.11 \)

3. Addition:
  • Therefore \( 9.9 = 9 + 0.90 = 9.90 \)
  • And \( 9.11 = 9 + 0.11 = 9.11 \)

4. Comparison:
- Now we can see that \( 9.90 \) (i.e. 9.9) is actually greater than \( 9.11 \).
Thank you for your patience and the correction!
If you have any further questions or need more information, I am happy to help.

Funnily enough, when asking the same question on the same chat-session, it will answer correctly, but when using a different chat-session it will fall back to its first answer.

I don't automatically assume that "decimals" or even a comparison of them is "math" as a context. For example, you could assume that declaring that section 9.11 comes after 9.9 is a math context because 11 is greater than 9, but I don't see it as a mathematical context.

Anyway, I believe that the section ordering is where the confusion comes from. It's pulling an answer from the wrong context. But the answer is correct in the context of document sections.

Didn't realise I could share chats from ChatGPT.

Here was the chat I referenced earlier:

It's a mix of actual junior doctor questions from Reddit, my own (very limited) knowledge and questions from Quesmed sessions.
Some of the information given by it is wrong, so (obviously) don't use it for medical decisions.

But yeah....interesting times are a-coming

Last edited:

Danielle attributes her achievement to the app's AI coach, saying: "(On my weight loss), I give all credit to Simple," and "Having an AI coach right there, any time I needed, whatever time of day, helped me more than anything else."

Another satisfied user, Brianna Alexander, lost 30lb using Simple and praised its educational value, explaining: "Using the app has really taught me about losing weight and how it effects your energy level and confidence," adding, "I used to constantly eat fast food, no veggies and fruit, but I've learnt so much for the app (and the AI coach)."

Back