Full throttle issue with Thrustmaster T300

• Thread starter mistre83
  • 49 comments
Hi Xmax,

Yes, my wheel is updated to the latest V34 firmware, made sure it wasn’t in TLCM mode and I even swapped the clutch/throttle pedals thinking it’s a wonky potentiometer; think I tried everything that I can. Maybe the last thing I can perhaps do is to replace the whole TM set :(
That doesn't sound good at all.

Here with us I would now simply order a new pedal on amazon that works with the T300 and test it with it, if the problem persists, it is clear that it must be the wheelbase and you could send the pedals back.

Such a fault that only appears after x minutes of operation and only goes away after a new connection sounds strange.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you... I've also been using the T-LCM for a few weeks... and I love it.
Hi Xmax,

My Tlcm arrived and so far it’s working great. The throttle stays at max this time. Btw, Luv the load-cell braking pedals cos it feels much more realistic than pots.

And Tks for keeping that finger crossed :)

Hi to all,
i'm using a Thrustmaster T300 to play GT7. I don't know if I have ever had this issue, for sure I noticed now when was racing, and some cars started to overtake me without an apparently reason (sure, the reason was because I was not full throttle).

I tried to full close the game and re-open it, but the "non full throttle issue" still persist.

So i tried to full restart the console and after entered in a race, the problem was solved.. but...

After few laps the throttle is started to go down and down.

I don't think is a problem related to my pedals, because if I full reboot the console, at the beginning of the race the throttle is full.
The problems starts to come out after 1/2 laps..

Someone else have this issue?

View attachment 1129212
Hi, last weekend i was racing the toyota event on GT7, i won the first race by far (12 seconds from the second place), so i tried the next race and couldn´t change from 5th gear to 6th because the same issue you say. I have a thrustmaster T248 + T3PA pedals.
So i plugged them to my PC and try to update the firmware but it´s the latest, used the calibration tool but works fine.
Now that i relize this issue it might happened on other races.
Last night i played and worked fine, i´ll try to blow some air on the pedals in case is dirt as some people says in the comments.
Best regards!!!

Hi, my T248 throttle is not working but the brakes works and left pedal is the throttle. How can I switch the pedals?

Nvm I found the solution in the manual under mode there is an option to switch the pedals.

Last edited:
Have you updated firmware to v34 and have it in the right mode

T300 v34.jpg

Hi, my T248 throttle is not working but the brakes works and left pedal is the throttle. How can I switch the pedals?

Nvm I found the solution in the manual under mode there is an option to switch the pedals.
You have to go into the settings of your T248, i.e. left Mode button. There in the menu you look for a setting that says something like "ground or overhead" I don't have the steering wheel at hand right now, hence the imprecise specification.... But if you go through the menu you will find it. If your pedals are on the floor, you also have to set this to "floor", but if your pedals are mounted "overhead", logically change this.

Edit: From Manual Guide.

PEDAL Select the pedal set configuration
  • FLOOR: floor position (by default)
  • INV.: suspended position (the accelerator and clutch pedals are reversed)

Last edited:
T150 same problem with gt7 only with this game i tried more game but no issues also there is no throttle setting in this game what is very frustrating i can not challenge my friends anymore with this stupit bug

T150 same problem with gt7 only with this game i tried more game but no issues also there is no throttle setting in this game what is very frustrating i can not challenge my friends anymore with this stupit bug
I solved the problem with change the clutch to gas pedal not in settings but inside the pedals very easy fix you only need a small screwdriver

Just noticed i now have the same issue i haven't played in 2 months now after 2 laps i no longer have full throttle 🤷‍♂️

I have the same problem but in my case its the brake pedal, the first time i noticed was only registering 50%, i unpluged the pedals and connected them again and restarted the console and was fine after that.
Yesterday brake pedal was only registering 80/90% again.

it seems its only in GT7 that this happen.

Ill try to reconfigure the pedals mode using the official support but i think will not solve it :S

I am having the same problem. I got the t80 ferrari 488 GTB edition on january 1 of 2023 as a present brand new. When today jan 5 i noticed while playong gt sport that i cannot throttle to 100 percent only up to 50% and breaking only goes to about 80%. I plugged the wheel and pedals to my pc and installed the trustmaster software and there my throttle goes up to 50% and my pedal up to 88% it is impossible that it broke alr as it came brand new and i am treating it like a baby can anyone pls help

I am having the same problem. I got the t80 ferrari 488 GTB edition on january 1 of 2023 as a present brand new. When today jan 5 i noticed while playong gt sport that i cannot throttle to 100 percent only up to 50% and breaking only goes to about 80%. I plugged the wheel and pedals to my pc and installed the trustmaster software and there my throttle goes up to 50% and my pedal up to 88% it is impossible that it broke alr as it came brand new and i am treating it like a baby can anyone pls help
Sounds like it's broken m8 if even the pc is showing you can't get full throttle. It could be a issue with the pots inside the peddles coming loose and they moved a bit so it's not reaching its limits . If you can check without voiding your warranty do so but don't risk it you want to send them back as they are new.

I restarted my console and pressed my pedals few times before the race now it works, so ****ing weird lol

Last edited:
I restarted my console and pressed my pedals few times before the race now it works, so ****ing weird lol
I always try and press the peds before starting a game the wheel has to calibrate so i guess the peds to do :cheers:

Back