Fun with Nigerian Scammers

• Thread starter Der Alta
  • 21 comments

Der Alta

Official GTP Bouncer
Staff Emeritus
DerAlta
It's called "fun with Nigerian Scammers"

I think we've all gotten these at one time or another. The Nigerian Scam letter. Purported offers of wealth in exchange for a little work on your part. I used to delete them, but after seeing others on the web having fun, I have been enjoying the game.

Basically, you see how far you can get them to go. I gave all sorts of clues on this one, just to see what type or ridiculous story they'd buy.

It's a bit scattered, but it was almost like a Monday morning soap opera.

Enjoy

AO

--------------------------------------------

First E-mail
email: mrs_hamira@z6.com
Dear sir /Madam

I Greet in the name of God, the most beneficent,the most merciful.

My name is Mrs Hamira Muza a widow to Late Mr Abubark H.Muza I am 79years old, Presently I am suffering from long time cancer of the breast, from all indications, my condition is really deteriorating and i am very much afraid of my doctor's report, in fact my condition is very bad now.

My late husband was killed during the Gulf war, and during the period of our marriage we couldn't produce any child.My late husband was very wealthy and after his death, I inherited all his businesses and wealth, The doctor has told me that I may not live beyond this year; every new day is like a bonus to me.

So now I have decided to divide part of this wealth to contribute to the propagation of Christian and in assisting the less-privileged Muslim faithful and all humanity in Africa and throughout the world, I choose you and I prayed over it, I discussed this with my Attorney,Barrister Jada. Ahmed .I am willing to donate part of the sum of US$18,000,000.00(Eighteen Million US Dollars) for the development and aid religion faithfuls and also for the less privileged, including orphans who lost their mothers through this deadly illness[ cancer]no matter their faith.

Please I want you to note that, this fund is deposited in a Security Company in Dubai,United Arab Emirate (UAE). For that, my lawyer Barrister Jada.Ahmed will file in application for the transfer of the money in your favor name as you wish provided you are ready to use part of this money for this purpose.You will therefore have to travel to Dubai, to sign for the official release of this money as well as advice on how you want the money remitted to your own account. my Attorney will accompany you on this trip.

Lastly I honestly pray that this money when transferred will be used for the said purpose because I have come to find out that wealth acquisition without God is vanity upon vanity.for this reason I have decided to set-aside 40% of this money for the service of humanity and the work of God.

May the Grace of God be our guide and be my refuge when I leave this world. Moreover,I decided to offer you 30% of the total fund While 20% will be transfered to the account of my Lawyer, Barrister Jada Ahmed as compensation after successful conclusion of this transaction.

I Pray that God will keep me alive till I get your respond. Contact me through this email ( mrs_hamira@z6.com) so that we shall progress to help the needed.

Yours
Mrs Hamira Muza

----------------------------------------------------------

Der Alta, Reply #1
By all means, I could really use some money like that.
Damn tough on the breast cancer, Maybe God has it in for you. Seems he ain't so merciful and beneficial. I don't follow any religion, and I don't have cancer.

Bad news is, that because of a well publicized trial I'm involved in, my passport has been revoked. We'll figure out some other way around traveling overseas.

Let me know.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, March 03, 2005 3:34 AM
Subject: Dear Beloved

email: mrs_hamira@z6.com
Dear sir /Madam

I Greet in the name of God, the most beneficent,the most merciful.

My name is Mrs Hamira Muza a widow to Late Mr Abubark H.Muza I am 79years old, Presently I am suffering from long time cancer of the breast, from all indications, my condition is really deteriorating and i am very much afraid of my doctor's report, in fact my condition is very bad now. *snip*

------------------------------------------------
Muza e-mail #2
cc:mrshamira@yahoo.com
To: AO
Dear AO,
Much thanks for your reply I receive it with thanks and hope that you will be my partner to retrieve this fund and use it well. I feel concerned too after reading your mail.I believe that God have purpose for our meeting.

I feel that we together should put hands together an build a foundation of cancer patients in your country when we retrieve this fund from the security company here in Dubai.
About your in ability to travel to dubai I believe that the Barrister will help us seek a way to transfer the trunk out of Dubai to your country when you contact him to assist us.

This The steps that you have to take:

1- You should contact my lawyer so that he will legally amend the name in the certificate of deposit of the fund to your name.

2- After this effect the lawyer will be informing us what to do to achieve this goal knowing that am in a sick bed and could not do much.

This my lawyer contact for you to contact him because already I have told him about you as my partner, when you contact the lawyer you will instruct him to amend the name in the certificate of deposit that you are my foreign partner.

Lawyer contact:

Name ;Barrister Jada Ahmed

Tel:00971503906747.

email: jadaassociates@yahoo.Com

or

jadaassociates@lawyer.com

After you contact the lawyer try to keep in touch with me because as it is now I will be depending on you to know what is going on.
Pls, recontact me with this email address: mrs_hamira@z6.com
Waiting to hear from you soon.

Regards

Mrs, Hamira Muza.
------------------------------------------------------------
Der Alta, Reply #2

Didn't you get the hint? I'm without a passport because of a trial. I currently don't have access to a phone. Duh!

He can contact my Lawyer, though. Lufta Screwem, Esq. at Dewey, Screwem & Howe. 1-800-555-4000

God doesn't have anything to do with it, I'm just lucky.

Sent: Thursday, March 03, 2005 11:21 AM
To: AO@myoffice.com>
Subject: FROM: MRS AMANDA SULEIMAN
cc:mrshamira@yahoo.com

To: AO.
Dear AO,
Much thanks for your reply I receive it with thanks and hope that you will be my partner to retrieve this fund and use it well. I feel concerned too after reading your mail.I believe that God have purpose for our meeting. *snip*
------------------------------------------------------
Muza e-mail #3

Dear AO.
I got your mail and waited to hear from you attorney if he has a way out for us and he told me that .
The only best way for us is for you first to contact him and he will do the amendment in the certificate then you will contact the security company and the lawyer will go to them and will instruct them to transfer the fund to your bank account through bank to bank transfer.
If this is ok please still contact the lawyer for this normal legal process of change of ownership in the certificate of deposit to your name, according to the lawyer he said that this will not take him four working days to accomplish.
So you should contact with this contact and inform him to amend the name in the certificate to your name.

Lawyer contact:

Name ;Barrister Jada Ahmed

Tel:00971503906747.

email: jadaassociates@yahoo.Com

or

jadaassociates@lawyer.com

Waiting to hear from you.
Mrs, Hamira Muza.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Muza e-mail #4
Dear AO.
I hope that you contact the lawyer so that he amend the certificate so that he will help us to transfer the fund to your account.
PLEASE NOTE THAT i AM ON A SICK BED AND EVEN THIS MAIL THAT I WRITE WAS WRITTEN BY A PERSONAL NURSE THAT HELPS ME MRS AMANDA SULEIMAN SO DONT FREE ANY HOW WHEN YOU SEE HER NAME OR MINE.
Due to time factors try to give to me your seriousness over this issue.
Mrs, Musa.
Mail written by Amanda.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Der Alta, Reply #3

No, No, NO.

I told you to have your lawyer contact my lawyer. I gave you his contact info, and told you exactly how to do it. It appears that your lawyer is clueless and does not know how to conduct business. Why do you think I have a lawyer?

If your lawyer does not or cannot contact mine, the deal is off and I no longer wish to hear from you or your personal nurse.

Now there are other people involved and that makes covering this up even tougher. Why do you involve more people than need to be.

Please if we can continue this, have your lawyer call my lawyer.
Lufta Screwem, Esq. at Dewey, Screwem & Howe. 1-800-555-4000 Ext. 6969

Sent: Sunday, March 06, 2005 7:18 AM
Subject: RE: FROM: MRS AMANDA SULEIMAN

Dear AO.
I got your mail and waited to hear from you attorney if he has a way out for us and he told me that .
The only best way for us is for you first to contact him and he will do the amendment in the certificate then you will contact the security company and the lawyer will go to them and will instruct them to transfer the fund to your bank account through bank to bank transfer. *snip*
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Muza e-mail #5
Dear AO,
THANK you for your mail is well understood. I speak with my lawyer and he need your lawyer email address in order for the both of them to understand them selves very well.
I ALSO WILL NOT INVOLVE ANY OTHER PERSON THE PERSONAL NURSE WILL NOT UNDERSTAND WHAT i and you are dealing with but I WILL STOP HER FROM REPLYING MY MAIL THIS DUE TO MY ILLNESS.
Already I HAVE GIVEN MY LAWYER YOUR LAWYER CONTACT TOLL FREE NUMBER BUT HE WILL need EMAIL and telephone number as well,in order TO EXPLAIN MORE TO YOUR LAWYER.
Hoping to hear from you over this issue.
Regards
Mrs Hamira MUZA.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Der Alta, Reply #4

At some point, you'll figure this out.

Have your lawyer contact my lawyer, and he will supply any and all needed information. Such as an e-mail address, or a private phone number.

It seems you can't grasp a simple aspect of telling your lawyer to contact mine.

No wonder your husband managed all the business aspect. Continue to be a good wife and let the men deal with the business aspects.

have your lawyer call my lawyer and they can make all the arrangements needed.

Sent: Monday, March 07, 2005 12:16 PM
Subject: mrs hamira

Dear AO,
THANK you for your mail is well understood. I speak with my lawyer and he need your lawyer email address in order for the both of them to understand them selves very well. *snip*
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Barrister Jada e-mail #1
Now the Lawyer gets involved

LEGAL CONSULTANTS AND FINANCIAL ADVISERS.

PRINCIPLE ATTORNEY

BARRISTER JADA AHMED.

OFFICE: SUITE #387, RONATA BUILDING

CITY CENT RE. DUBAI.

TEL: +971503906747.

EMAIL: jadaassociates@lawyer.com

jadaassociates@yahoo.com

ATTN: AO

Ref: NOTICE LETTER.

Dear Sir,

Our chamber have to inform you that we are representing adviser to Mr Hamira Muza. She notify us to contact you due to the fact that we tried your lawyer!s contact ( Lufta Screwem, Esq. )toll number: 1-800-555-4000.

We could not get through over this call. Due to this effect we request that your lawyer should contact us with the above contact so that we proceed with the needed.

Hoping to hear from you regarding to this effect.

Yours in law.

Barrister Jada Ahmed.

Principle Attorney.

--
Der Alta, Reply #5

I was able to place the call, I wonder why you couldn't.

Anyways, I've forwarded this letter to my lawyer and he'll review it, offer me any advice and give me my best situation. At that point, I will email or call you in return and we shall discuss the position.

Thank you
From: Barrister,Jada Ahmed [mailto:jadaassociates@lawyer.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 08, 2005 1:50 PM
To: AO@myoffice.com
Subject: NOTICE FROM MRS HAMIRA MUSA ATTORNEY

-------------------------------------------------
Der Alta, Reply #5 (cc. to Muza)

Just keeping you abreast of the situation between the lawyers

Sent: Tuesday, March 08, 2005 3:23 PM
To: 'Barrister,Jada Ahmed'
Subject: RE: NOTICE FROM MRS HAMIRA MUSA ATTORNEY
I was able to place the call, I wonder why you couldn't. *snip*
----------------------------------------------------
Barrister Jada e-mail #2

PRINCIPLE ATTORNEY
BARRISTER JADA AHMED.
CITY CENT RE. DUBAI.
jadaassociates@yahoo.com
ATTN: AO

Dear Sir,

Our client MRS HAMIRA MUZA have instructed our firm (Jada &Jada Associates)to contact you as her beneficiary to the deposited trunk with security company in Dubai .
Our firm deemed to inform you that you should send to us any of the necessary requested I.D in order for our chamber to finally amend the change of name in the certificate of deposit regarding to the deposited trunk to your name in Dubai.
We request for any of this followings I.d proof from you for the change of ownership in the certificate:
1a -Your driving license. or
1b- International passport copies first page and second pages.
This is to enable our office to complete the following change legally at the Dubai high court of law regarding to the change of ownership to your full name .
Immediately that our office receive the following requested I.D, with in three to four working days we shall accomplish this services to you,clients. Scann the requested to us.
Waiting for your respond regarding to this issue.
Yours in law.
Barrister Jada Ahmed.
Principle Attorney.

-----------------------------------------------------
Muza e-mail #5

Dear AO,

How are you I deem to know how far you have gone with the lawyer???
Regards
Mrs Hamira Muza.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Der Alta, Reply #6

I'm severly disappointed, but after extensive review and collaboration with my lawyer, He's advising me that this an elaborate scheme to steal what little money I have.

Considering I'm on trial for tax evasion and spend my weekends in a correctional institution, this is not a venture I think we can connect on. Due to the trial I have no passport nor license.

Sent: Saturday, March 12, 2005 6:14 AM

*snip*
---------------------------------------------------------
Barrister Jada e-mail #3

PRINCIPLE ATTORNEY
BARRISTER JADA AHMED.
CITY CENT RE. DUBAI.
jadaassociates@yahoo.com
ATTN: A O

Dear Sir,

Send to us any receipt that bear your name so that I will use it to support you for the change of name process.
Waiting for your respond regarding to this issue.
Yours in law.
Barrister Jada Ahmed.
Principle Attorney.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Der Alta, Reply #7

Apparently Mr. Jada you didn't read that previous email from me.

My lawyer has advised me you are attempting to scam money from me. I will not provide any reciept or ID to you, until you can prove unequivocally your attempts are not a scam. I cannot travel overseas, nor outside this state. You refused to contact my lawyer by email or by phone. You've provided no back up materials for me to rest assured.

You've taken the lords name and perverted it for your own cause.

Lawyer.com is a random email provider and I suspect you've no qualifications as a lawyer. You've not shown any so far, and I doubt you've even got the credentials. Could you please provide me a scan of your qualifications before we continue any further?

Sent: Tuesday, March 15, 2005 11:05 AM

*snip*
--------------------------------------------------------------
At this point, I received a 4th e-mail from the Barrister which contained a Zip file posted as containing his qualifications. Hehe, Norton immediately caught and killed it. Little bugger knew the game was up, so he sent me a virus.

I invite others to try this as well, but be careful as they are a crafty bunch.

Yes, I'm baiting you Famine.

I'll give serious kudos to anyone that can pick up from where I left off, with the same people. :D

AO

They never seem to e-mail me... :D

However, an acquaintance of mine did...

Flintstone
I advertised my kit car for sale on t'net and received a genuine (cough) reply.

So far it's not developed much but if anyone has any suggestions for my new friend please let me know. By the way, he calls himself Jujud Sailor.

Nigerian Scammer
Good day,
am interested in buying you ( Vehicle For Sale)Please get back to me with thelowest price you will sell and the present condition.
thanks
+447040114710

Flintstone
G'day Jujud,

Jujud. What an interesting name, what does it mean? Is it a traditional name? Although I now live in England I was born among an Indian tribe in America, the Wahthafakawis, who named me 'Two Dogs'.

Lets get to the car shall we? The lowest price I will accept is the price it is advertised. Call me strange but I tend to follow local custom which dictates that I must start at my asking price and add on £50 each time you ask me a question. Ch-ching!! The price just increased by £50.

It's condition is described in local parlance as 'minging'.

Love and kisses

Paul

Nigerian Scammer
okay i have been try to call you but my is faulty pls let me have your bottom price ......
thanks

Flintstone
My bottom is not for sale. How much is your bottom?

Ch-Ching!! Another £50.

Paul

Wonder how long I can milk this?

He's still trying..............

Nigerian Scammer
okay i will offre you 1,500pounds

Flintstone
Jujud,

I admire your negotiating skills. Never let it be said that Jujud Sailor is not an astute businessman. It is clear to me that you are far better than this. It is similar to fishing where one uses bait and obviously you are a master at this. Yes indeed, you are a master baiter.

I am afraid though that the offer is too low for me. The car I am selling is extremely special. The engine is one operating on the blow-back reverse spin hot wash cycle principle requiring a special blend of high octane fuel and 'E' numbers. Only a very experienced driver could handle this and I am only prepared to sell to someone who is expert at handling themselves. Are you an expert at handling yourself?

Similarly the interior is very special. The seats are covered in the finest field-vole leather impregnated with large rhinestones. The dashboard and other surfaces are covered in leopard print formica and all light fittings, including the dashboard, are miniature replicas if the chandeliers found in Louis XVI's bedchamber at Versailles. It would perhaps be best if you were to come and see the car. I promise you, your journey would not be in vain. All who see this wonderful vehicle walk away with a tear in their eye. Where are you? Maybe I could drive the car around to see you?

Love, kisses and fondling

Paul

Strangely quiet since then... :D

Hahahaha - nice. This was pretty funny, I thought:

20030328l.gif

www.penny-arcade.com

I've been sent e-mails similar to this scam on two different occasions. Very sad though that there are people in this world that are that desparate for money.

Thank you, IMF. :dunce:

I wish I got spam like that

Why? :odd:

Oh, AO, and you say you have no free time... Very well done, sir! I haven't read anything that entertaining in a while!

I got something like that very very long time ago.

Someone was sueing me out of nowhere, but then said they wouldn't for a sum of money and for me to do something for them.

I had to fly to India, and do all this crap.

I told them to go ahead and sue me. They did, and the case was dismissed first 5 minutes. The 2 Indians were sent to another court case for fraud.

I've gotten the same scam emails couple of times before. Well done, DA! 👍 The scam was kinda crafty, but your craftiness was even more amusing.

My friend has been looking for a roommate for over a year now. Month or two ago, he was emailed by couple of people from Great Britain(separately). I think they both wanted to send him an check(one check was coming from his/her relative in Texas) for him to deposit to his bank account. The check was for the rent deposit, and extra sum for flight ticket, etc., so he was supposed to send the leftover funds to these addresses in G.B.

Scariest part is that he was about to go along with this! I just happened to mention the similar scam I'd seen on the news the night before and he started to tell me about these people from G.B. contacting him!

I told him to email the contacts, that he was going to have to hang on to the check for 20 days, and wait for it to clear(really clear). Only then, he can mail them the funds. After him emailing them that, he didn't receive anymore replies from either person.

P.S. A lot of time with these scams, they will offer to pay with cashiers' check(fake, of course). They forge these fake checks so well that a lot banks aren't able to tell. This one guy even showed the check to the banks' branch manager, he told the guy that check is good, it's fine. A couple of weeks later, when they found out the check was a fake, bank took the money back from the guy. You'd think the bank is responsible for the loss, but at least in Oregon(USA), you end up paying. Little heads up. :)

This scam is confusing me.

They want to give you $18,000,000 but they want you to fly to Dubai to sign some papers which will be accompanied by there solicitor.

What actually happens in the scam?

pimpin_t

They want to give you $18,000,000 but they want you to fly to Dubai to sign some papers which will be accompanied by there solicitor.

Actually, you don't have to fly anywhere. When you give them your name and bank number, they then take every cent via an electronic funds transfer.

Solid Lifters
Actually, you don't have to fly anywhere. When you give them your name and bank number, they then take every cent via an electronic funds transfer.

I see. Not good then.

NOpe, not good at all, but it's fun on this end when you see how far you can lead them.

One nice feature I'm going to try to utilize next is a fake fax number. I'm still owrking the kinks out of that one. I think that if I had worded the "My lawyer says its a scam, e-mail me your credentials" e-mail different, I'd still be going. After all, if they could fax me a copy of their "degree" I'd drag it out further.

Famine, that one is great.

Gotta love it.

AO

If they want your Bank details, couldn't you set up a premium rate telephone number and say that your solicitor/friend/mum has the details for them and all they have to do is phone the number?

pimpin_t

The plot is - we want to give you "x" million because you've won the lottery/have a wealthy relative you've never heard of who's just dropped dead/there's a mysterious, yet wealthy, benefactor, but in order for us to give you the cheque we need "x" hundred to cover our costs/your bank details

It's plainer than a Bulgarian pin-up that it's a scam.

I've heard of stories where people have travelled overseas to do the transfer and have been murdered, kidnapped for ransom, threatened/extorted. :scared: :scared:

And if it wasn't for the fact that others perpetrated their misfortune upon them, they'd be prime candidates for Darwins.

funny, I did the same, but for my own personal enjoyment about 4 years ago. Sadly, I wasn't a member of the GTP community then and couldn't post it :guilty:

Still, I got the scam a bit further than you did, AO. I gave them a phone number to call, which was the number of a lawyer, who actually was one of my teachers, and we rolled the whole thing. They wanted us to travel to Lesotho, and he said (my teacher) that we both had to travel, but since the possibility of such a high amount of money was involved, we would need them to pay for our tickets... in the end we said we couldn't get a visa...

Extreme fun... he he he

does "V-tec 4 Lyfe" ring a bell with anyone? that was by far the best nigerian scammer ownage i've ever seen. i saw it on some honda site.

Back