Future of rallying in GT7

• Thread starter TumeK5
  • 33 comments
The jeep and swapped bug have been the only way I enjoy the rally stuff. Winning with the jeep has been very entertaining it can win every event it can get in.

I think if it's just kept at a niche, and nothing more, it's fine.

Rally was never the focus of Granturismo anyways, and if they kept all dirt events one on one's, that'd be enough.
It leaves poor taste in the mouth when they've implemented rally yet it's so boring. Id have rather they used the resources to add another feature entirely instead. More quality, less throwaway garbage please

Bumping this thread following the patch 1.49 released today, that improved physics and added Eiger Nordwand.

Up until now, the rally physics have been...questionable, and not very intuitive. However, PD finally came around and made rallying much more realistic and bearable.

Credit where credit is due. Before the update dropped, I tried the Sardegna Windmills race with a turbo upgraded Celica rally car, and man, it was a horrible experience. It's a bit hard to explain, but basically it was either massive understeer because of the wheelspin, or massive oversteer, again from the wheelspin.

But now, the car handles like you would expect it to. Previously you were basically forced to majorly hold back on the throttle input to not go straight on, whereas now you can confidently floor it often.

Rally is making a comeback.

Bumping this thread following the patch 1.49 released today, that improved physics and added Eiger Nordwand.

Up until now, the rally physics have been...questionable, and not very intuitive. However, PD finally came around and made rallying much more realistic and bearable.

Credit where credit is due. Before the update dropped, I tried the Sardegna Windmills race with a turbo upgraded Celica rally car, and man, it was a horrible experience. It's a bit hard to explain, but basically it was either massive understeer because of the wheelspin, or massive oversteer, again from the wheelspin.

But now, the car handles like you would expect it to. Previously you were basically forced to majorly hold back on the throttle input to not go straight on, whereas now you can confidently floor it often.

Rally is making a comeback.
Having participated in a few of the Rally events in single player recently, I'm really looking forward to feeling the difference and maybe having a more enjoyable time of it.

Latest Posts

Back