GGG: Round 1 - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution

• Thread starter buickgnx88
  • 22 comments

Which is the best Lancer Evolution generation?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

buickgnx88

That Guy Over There
Premium
United States
Anoka, MN
The Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution was created in response to Subaru's Impreza to compete in the World Rally Championship. To date, there have been 10 generations with the most recent also unfortunately being the last. Which do you think was the best generation?

TSIJ2994.jpg

(6&6.5, 7&7.5 I'm considering as one generation)

Last edited:
The current Lancer poll for the Cool wall is what inspired me to start this game.

Anyways, my favorite Evo has always been the 5. Something about the large driving lights, the shape of the spoiler, and the wheel arch flares that makes it stand out to me. Plus, it comes in yellow. :sly:
1998_MITSUBISHI_LANCER_GSR_5_CP9A-279YgrGpEmVamLk-4322-1-large.jpg

The VI is the one that has always stood out for me, mostly through Tommi Makinen's efforts in the WRC. The TM Edition must be one of the most desirable limited edition models offered on any car, too.

Evo generations I-IV, V-VI.5 and VII-IX are all pretty much slight variations on each other aren't they? how could you choose and Evo 5 over an Evo 6 - or an Evo 8 over an Evo 9?

Evo generations I-IV, V-VI.5 and VII-IX are all pretty much slight variations on each other aren't they? how could you choose and Evo 5 over an Evo 6 - or an Evo 8 over an Evo 9?
I think it comes mainly down to looks, since they all had something unique about them over other generations.

I'd go with the Evo 8. It's the first Evo we got in the U.S. and the first one I ever got to see. I was familiar with the Evos before it, thanks to rallying, but the 8 is the one that I wanted to own.

The Evo's upto and including the Evo VI were the ones with the rally success, especially since Mitsubishi stuck with a car in a lower specification than what was allowed in the WEC at the time and still won multiple championships. The Evo IV was the most advanced of these, obviously, so that's the best.

So far it appears the Evo 6 has a commanding lead over the rest, with over double the votes of the next most popular, the Evo 8! At this point, the Evo 1 appears to be the unloved first born. :lol:

I voted for the Evolution VI. Visually it was the best model in range and it had good balance between being fast and requiring good driving skills to be that fast. For daily driving though, I would pick something that visually doesn't attract that much attention, like the Evo I for instance.

I love them all, but the II has to be my favorite of all of them, because it looks absolutely beautiful and it doesn't look too tacky like some Evos.

Well the poll has closed with a clear winner, the Evo VI with almost half the votes. The least loved generation is the Evo I, with no votes to speak of.

Oh son of a, I missed the poll so, did not submit a vote. Oh well, would of voted on Evo 7 so, wouldn't have changed things. I'm aware the EVO 6 was beyond legendary but, Evo 7 was for me.

Back