GGG: Round 15 - Land Rover Range Rover

• Thread starter buickgnx88
  • 9 comments

Which is your favorite generation of the Land Rover Range Rover?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

buickgnx88

That Guy Over There
Premium
United States
Anoka, MN
The Range Rover was launched in 1970 as a larger companion to the Land Rover Series (and soon a more luxurious companion) and has been continuously built to today. It has been sold in four generations so far, and has even spawned off some smaller models under the Range Rover sub-brand. Which generation of this luxury British off-roader is your favorite?

Classic
6b42ddbdfe1e9e7eb7cb6917eb9af847.jpg

P38A
land_rover_range_rover_557.jpg

L322
Range~Rover~2012~(3).JPG

L405
Range-Rover-640x421.jpg

Classic by far, boxy and rugged looks, came in a 2-door model, and looks amazing with the body-colored alloys.

They're all going to break down, but I'd feel less of a numpty in a broken down Classic than the rest. Classic it is.

The L322 for its looks and engine options, though I would never, ever buy or drive one unless we're discussing video games.

From the options given, the L322. I would take the Sport model over it though, same goes for the L405.

Classic, easily. It'll probably break down, but at least you'll know you can fix it with the same 3 tools when it does. P38 to a lesser extent because it's an evolution of the Classic, drivetrain wise. But the BMW/Ford/Tata ones? Good luck doing even basic maintenance.

Early Range Rovers might have a romantic reputation, but, although they are streets ahead of a Landy, they are still absolutely rubbish to drive.

I'll take the newest one - the interiors are amazing. Which is a good thing as I'd likely be spending a lot of time sat in it while waiting for a truck to come and recover me when I break down... again.

Back