Gilles Villeneuve died 30 years ago

• Thread starter Hun200kmh
  • 32 comments

This makes me smile, not only because its nice to see Jaques in his fathers car... When I see this vid I try to imagine how Gilles himself would have driven that car in such a event... For sure the way he raced, always on the edge and risking everything :)

Post the link please so I can post on my Facebook page, thanks.

PS - I got to say that I have and cherish a bburago 126CK (the car used at that Monte Carlo victory) 1:24 scale, just like this one:

itemsPhotosEncrypter.php

... and two like this one, one assembled with #12, one still in the box (I wanted to have the #11 and the #12). I guess I'll make another #12 for me and offer the first (all dusty and all) to my son :D

$(KGrHqIOKo0E4t6GGmSjBOSh2(drWg~~_35.JPG

Sorry to revive this thread, but all this recent talk about Villeneuve made me go and get from a long lost dusty shelf the TAMIYA box with the still-to-be-built model, and made me sort out a deal with my son, allowing him a very enjoyable summer project. To replicate what I did when I was his age (some 30 years ago :D ).

So, we finally opened the box:

DSC_0666%255B1%255D.JPG

My son got a little worried at the "delicacy" of his task, and with lots of doubts on some specifics, so I asked my older sister (it's at her home my old model is, partially dismantled and in need of a full restoration too) to take some close up pictures of specific parts of the first car.

She just sent them to me and I got all nostalgic looking at what I did somewhere in the eighties. I'm glad I made it the #12 car and my own summer project will be, honoring Gilles again, to restore that model.

Here the pictures I got today of my old, dusty, model:

fotografia12c.jpg

fotografia13.jpg

fotografia11.jpg

fotografia10t.jpg

fotografia9.jpg

fotografia8g.jpg

fotografia7.jpg

fotografia6z.jpg

fotografia5t.jpg

fotografia4p.jpg

fotografia3b.jpg

fotografia2q.jpg

fotografia1l.jpg

So, with my son building the second model 30 years later, Gilles' legacy lives on :)

Back