Global GT Championship (Midday's GMT (1pm BST)) (Youtube Broadcasted).

• Thread starter Com Fox
  • 1,092 comments

How should we do Team Points.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Australia
Central Coast, NSW
Com_Fox5
EelX 5
Global Grand Touring Championship
Welcome to the Global GT, we'll use GT3 spec cars under 2 categories, Pro and Am.

Classes.
There will be 2 classes Pro and Am we'll decide which class you'll fit in by;

Pro
Won at least 1 Championship on GTplanet.
Am
Hasn't won any Championship on GTplanet.

Ties for the lead count as a Championship win here.

If you win a GTplanet championship halfway through the season and signed up as an Am, you'll stay as an Am for the remainder for the season.

Cups
The Championship will have multiple cups;
Am Cup.
Pro Cup.
Overall Cup.
Am Team Cup.
Pro Team Cup.
Overall Team Cup.

Only 2 Drivers per Team.

A Pro and an Am can be on the same team, however you'll only be eligible for the overall Teams.

Cars
Specs are being tested and will highly change dramatically.
If the weight doesn't fit then leave it at it's Lowest/Highest
Full GT Auto Aero must be on.
Every Car must be on RM or RH.

Audi-R8-LMS-Ultra_3.jpg

Audi R8 5.2 (You must put the power at 90% at the rear) = 590bhp @ 1380kg
Ferrari-458-Italia-GT3_1.jpg

Ferrari 458 italia = 540bhp @ 1380kg
McLaren-MP4-12C-GT3_3.jpg

McLaren MP4-12C = 560bhp @ 1280kg
Reiter-Lamborghini-Gallardo-LP560-GT3_2.jpg

Lamborghini Gallardo (You must put the power at 90% at the rear) = 590bhp @ 1280kg
Mercedes-Benz-SLS-AMG-GT3_4.jpg

Mercedes SLS AMG = 560bhp @ 1380kg

Tracks
Note still being worked on.
All races will last 30 minutes.

Pre-Season - Cape Ring
Round 1 Japan Cup - Fuji GT

http://youtu.be/XCPVNiL2f2Q
Round 2 German Cup - Nurburgring GP/F.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xsOjxncgKU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-SFwRLqss0
Round 3 Spanish Cup - Madrid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVsKPg1EPtc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncganLjjHNc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PI01eeUjD4&feature=em-upload_owner
Round 4 Italian Cup - Monza
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7BzGnEWVlA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfs3Z1ZGihc
Round 5 American Cup - Indianapolis Infield
Round 6 Global GT Finale - Fuji F

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HG_9EJuUIwc
Post-Season Trial Mountain 2 Hours - Trial Mountain

Point System
The classes will not have points separably.
1st - 10
2nd - 9
3rd - 8
4th - 7
5th - 6
6th - 5
7th - 4
8th - 3
9th - 2
10th - 1
11th-16th - 0.5

Time
Midday GMT Saturday.
1pm BST Saturday.

Qualifying.
When we have enough people I'll call qualifying and we'll start a 3 lap race with me watching (I'll always start last).
Lap's 1 and 3 don't count as Lap 1 is to make some room and Lap 3 is where you slow down for everyone to finish their 2nd Lap.

Races will be Rolling Start - Single File.

Race Rules
OLR rules apply at all times.
You most pit at least 1 time for at least 20 liters of fuel.
If you hit someone (even by accident), slow down until they go in front of you.
ABS is the only AID allowed.
Tuning is allowed at full.

Room Settings
Slipstream is weak.
Grip is real.
Tyre and fuel depletion is normal.
Damage is weak.

How To Enter
PSN Name:
GTplanet name:
Class:
Car:
Join a team or Make a Team.
Team Name you want to Make/Join (Must make sure you are using the same car to Join a team)
If you don't have GTPlanet, sign up by contacting me by PSN

You can sign up as a reserve, but you'll not participate for the teams.

Thanks ORS GT for the specs.

Last edited:
Participants
Team 1: Team Division:2 (Mercedes SLS AMG).
1/cyan-yoshi5/RESHIRAM5 - Am
2/PhoneticBD/PhoneticBD - Am
Team 2: Scuderia Ferrari (Ferrari 458 italia).
1/F1WORLDCHAMPION/F1WORLDCHAMPION - Am
2/
Team 3: Erebus Racing (Mercedes SLS AMG)
1/PepsiMaxCrew/phil bell - Pro
2/Gedi69/Gedi69 - Pro
Team 4: Project D (Audi R8 5.2)
1/curtex/curt_ex - Am
2/Scorpion0001/ScorpionPHVH57 - Am
Team 5: McLaren White (McLaren MP4-12C)
1/sparkytooth50001/sparkytooth - Am
2/Driverman447/GTracer98 - Am
Team 6: Team Audi (Audi R8 5.2)
1/buck_fast1/buck1 - Am
2/
Team 7: Team RPM (Audi R8 5.2)
1/Furinkazen/Furinkazen - Am
2/Carbonox/Carbonox - Pro
Team 8: Team #MaximumAttack (Mercedes SLS AMG)
1/Chuck1551/The Stig Farmer - Am
2/lowzikai/Taiga - Am
Reserves List:
1/sweetspeed63/Quick Race - Am (Mercedes SLS AMG).
2/RFLX_Niop/Niop - Pro (Lamborghini Gallardo)
3/GTP_RacingWorld/Racingworld68 - Am (Ferrari 458 italia).
4/GTP_akmuq/Akmuq - Pro (Audi R8 5.2).
5/danbojte/danbojte - Am (Ferrari 458 italia).
6/RedPartyhat/RedPartyhat - Pro (McLaren MP4-12C).
7/GTP_mj/mjdmzn - Am (Audi R8 5.2)
8/
9/
10/
11/
12/
13/
14/
15/
16/

Credit to the Pictures goes to http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/search/&keys=&method=&carspagestart=30&class=gt.

Champions.

Overall and Pro
Carbonox

Am
Driverman447

Overall and Pro Teams
Erebus Racing

Am Teams
McLaren White

Last edited:
Looks good bud, establish some times (internationaly). and some more fine details and your solid. OP looks good.

Looks good bud, establish some times (internationaly). and some more fine details and your solid. OP looks good.

What more fine details do you mean?
Anyway wanna sign up as a reserve maybe?

Just to be sure, 12 pm gmt means midnight? Or in other words, what time would this be for you? (I'm no expert but I'm good enought to know Australia is max. 9-10 hours ahead of me) :)

Im interested indeed, just to confirm Im GMT+8 so at 12pm GMT this makes it 8pm on the same day (Sat) for me?

However I must ask, I have not won a championship individually, but have got a tie for top points once and was due to some racers not making a race.
I guess that puts me in the GT AM class? I should hope so as outright pace is not my forte.

Just to be sure, 12 pm gmt means midnight? Or in other words, what time would this be for you? (I'm no expert but I'm good enought to know Australia is max. 9-10 hours ahead of me) :)

12pm is midday :lol:. It is confusing.

Im interested indeed, just to confirm Im GMT+8 so at 12pm GMT this makes it 8pm on the same day (Sat) for me?

However I must ask, I have not won a championship individually, but have got a tie for top points once and was due to some racers not making a race.
I guess that puts me in the GT AM class? I should hope so as outright pace is not my forte.

Tie's count as championship wins here.

12pm is midday :lol:. It is confusing.

Oh, well that DOES put things in a different light :lol:

I'll need you to await final confirmation, for the reasons mentioned in the PM, but if I can get it to work at least every other week would be possible 👍

Also I'd be extremely lucky to end in AM. 3rd in BTCC S1, no win at TWD-01, WRC and DTM (both champs where I had a slight chance) both got cancelled due to different stuff and Clio Cup has hardly begun yet :sly:

Alright then.
By the way, have the cars been tested to match laptimes? The Ferrari's weight seems low to me.
Also, must the Audi and Lamborghini be restricted to 95% rear drive?

PSN Name: PepsiMaxCrew
GTplanet name: Phil Bell
Class: PRO
Car: TBA

Alright then.
By the way, have the cars been tested to match laptimes? The Ferrari's weight seems low to me.
Also, must the Audi and Lamborghini be restricted to 95% rear drive?

PSN Name: PepsiMaxCrew
GTplanet name: Phil Bell
Class: PRO
Car: TBA

These are real GT3 specs, If a car is too fast or slow during pre-season (still working on pre-season track) we'll find a new spec for it.

As for working on preseason spec, why not enter this as a fourth class in your own TWD? Looking at the list of signups there's no class with more than 3 drivers anyway, could be possible to go back to 5-class :)

I'd need to try the cars before I make any statements, even if only as a part/reserve 👍

As for working on preseason spec, why not enter this as a fourth class in your own TWD? Looking at the list of signups there's no class with more than 3 drivers anyway, could be possible to go back to 5-class :)

I'd need to try the cars before I make any statements, even if only as a part/reserve 👍

Maybe you can be our official specer, it might help 👍.
Nah, 4 classes won't make nice competition.

Heh, I knew you'd pick Cape Ring ;)

I can do my best to see if it works out. My biggest concern is the 4wd's, you can "restrict" it to x amount of rear wheel power, but there isn't really any way to control it.

Heh, I knew you'd pick Cape Ring ;)

I can do my best to see if it works out. My biggest concern is the 4wd's, you can "restrict" it to x amount of rear wheel power, but there isn't really any way to control it.

Well as long as you can spec them well, it doesn't matter.

Speccing the Audi and Lambo with different awd settings might yield different results.
As per the real cars, they should be Specced with as much rear drive bias as possible.

Speccing the Audi and Lambo with different awd settings might yield different results.
As per the real cars, they should be Specced with as much rear drive bias as possible.

Don't know how to do that.

When you spec all the cars, just make sure the Audi and Lambo are sending as much power to the back as possible. Simple.

When you spec all the cars, just make sure the Audi and Lambo are sending as much power to the back as possible. Simple.

Well rallymorten is probably doing the specing (I tried specing once and I failed).

Well I don't think rallymorten is going to spec so I'm gonna do it myself on the Weekend.

I can help but it's the whole "official speccer" thing.. The best option is for several people with different driving style testing the cars at similar spec and do it that way :)

I can help but it's the whole "official speccer" thing.. The best option is for several people with different driving style testing the cars at similar spec and do it that way :)

Maybe we should do what phil said and put the 4WD car's pwer at 95% to the rear, the after pre-season we'll determine the specs.

Well preseason mainly exists to find out if the specs are correct and if not correction 👍 though yes, to ensure equality the 4wd should be as much to rear as possible

When will this start? I might be interested as its only half hour race each week.

Latest Posts

Back