Goodwood Hill Climb confirmed to feature in Gran Turismo 6! + Videos

Not saying I don't buy that but how did you know mate?
Because an employee of PD, Lord March and I were discussing it...

combo_breaker-s640x510-98744.jpg

@Ingram- Did you probe them for knowledge of what other cars might be in GT6 :sly:?

Haha I'm afraid I didn't probe about other cars, but I did share an idea of mine that would improve the gameplay in a very minor way, but it went down well! I was told that they are not happy with the detail of some of the surroundings, they did go further into specifics but I'll wait and see what they actually change before blabbing to much about it.

Bear in mind that I was working at the 15th anniversary event where a Silverstone demo was running, and the improvement in the frame rate between that demo and the GT Academy demo is quite pronounced. I think it is safe to say that there will be lots of tweaking between now and the game's release.

Tracks such as imola, hockenheim, Singapore and Austin are a must, not just for the existing f1 cars and gt cars, but they are tremendous tracks that fit with the types of tracks that already exist in gt5 and the acadamy demo. An update of Monaco would be good as well as some of the tracks featured in gt psp version.

the reason that the Goodwood Festival of Speed got a foothold in motor racing culture in the first place is because of the history of Goodwood Circuit, not because of the hillclimb's own merits.
The reason this is included and Goodwood has a foothold in the motorsport world is because of the incredible event that has been held for the past 20 years and the sheer diversity of the most famous and important vehicles that exist. The reason the FoS came about was because of the original circuit, there is certainly no question, but the hillclimb is now just as famous and important as the circuit itself for what it delivers every year.

The reason this is included and Goodwood has a foothold in the motorsport world is because of the incredible event that has been held for the past 20 years and the sheer diversity of the most famous and important vehicles that exist. The reason the FoS came about was because of the original circuit, there is certainly no question, but the hillclimb is now just as famous and important as the circuit itself for what it delivers every year.

If anything the hillclimb is more famous than the circuit. That's certainly my impression.

The circuit has more history, but if you say Goodwood to someone on the street FoS is all they will think of.

Back