Gran Turismo 4 Modding Discussion

I don't really do any hybridding so I don't have any plans in that regard. As far as I know hybrid "codes" are just car part IDs from the database so I'm sure someone will figure something out in time.
Yep that's all they really are and I'm sure there are some for the Online Beta that should work, though I've yet to come across them personally.
Does that mean something like an implemented engine swap function in game is not possible without codes?

Last edited:
I have some codes ported over from Retail that I made. But have not posted them out of respect for @TheAdmiester and the others who have made this mod possible.

As far as RAM codes go, I have one that can change the Turbo kit in the currently selected car. As far as I know either the Peugeot 205 or the Renault rally car has the highest percentage gain. I used to think it was the 3000GT VR4 but found out otherwise.

As long as it would not cause offense, I could post them. But as I said, I do not want to cause upset from anyone.

Last edited:
Yep that's all they really are and I'm sure there are some for the Online Beta that should work, though I've yet to come across them personally.
Does that mean something like an implemented engine swap function in game is not possible without codes?
Pretty much, while the engine is in fact a "part" and can be swapped between cars with hacks like hybrids, it doesn't have the category defined, which is what the game uses for being able to natively switch between the usual turbo, exhaust, NA upgrades etc., so it's a no-go in terms of official support.

I have some codes ported over from Retail that I made. But have not posted them out of respect for @TheAdmiester and the others who have made this mod possible.

As far as RAM codes go, I have one that can change the Turbo kit in the currently selected car. As far as I know either the Peugeot 205 or the Renault rally car has the highest percentage gain. I used to think it was the 3000GT VR4 but found out otherwise.

As long as it would not cause offense, I could post them. But as I said, I do not want to cause upset from anyone.
Would you be able to private message them to me?
I too won't post them out of respect, then again, Hybriding is no secret so I assume eventually the codes will come out.
Pretty much, while the engine is in fact a "part" and can be swapped between cars with hacks like hybrids, it doesn't have the category defined, which is what the game uses for being able to natively switch between the usual turbo, exhaust, NA upgrades etc., so it's a no-go in terms of official support.
That's what I thought. Was only curious as you managed to do the drivetrain swap, but as that's just the VCD doing the work I can see how it's possible but not the Engine swap.

Back