Gran Turismo 4 Modding Discussion

Last part should definitely be possible, although if anyone's wanting to make mods for Spec II itself I'd probably recommend waiting until it's more finished and settled in terms of updates, otherwise you'll just be chasing after it with new patches each time I release one.
Awesome. Oh yeah of course it's more for me to practice and get comfortable and hopefully see if I enjoy doing it and people like or respond to my results so, I'll dip my feet into it and probably slip off head first into the pond probably ha👌.

Shame we can't run the game loose for anything "carsound" related but, no bother. The world of NVMEs saves my graces these days with unpacking and repacking haha.

Last edited:
I was about to try out the Clubman League but I then noticed that the IS200 GT-1 putts around like it's stuck in first gear right from the start. Sucks because it seems like it could give a good challenge. Any chance of a fix?

I was about to try out the Clubman League but I then noticed that the IS200 GT-1 putts around like it's stuck in first gear right from the start. Sucks because it seems like it could give a good challenge. Any chance of a fix?
Are you on version 1.05 of the mod? That may be an issue recently fixed, but I've not tried that event in 1.05 myself yet.

Last edited:
One down side I've noticed with the audio engine is that there is no room for "off-load" engine sound samples, instead, when you're "off" the throttle, it just lowers the volume of the original sound sample but not always by enough at times, can this be influenced at all or adjusted? By which I mean, the volume of the sounds when you are OFF the throttle?

I'm guessing it might be hard coded as I was thinking of adding a bassy-er extra sample in the background that runs across the entire range and fade of the RPM range that is always present but has HIGHER volume when you are "off" the throttle, to give the illusion there is an offload sound sample.

However, if you are not able to tell it to adjust the volume of the audio samples directly or tell it to adjust the sample volume when off throttle then, I'll just have to revert to my original method. If I can however...I might be able to make my test example audio, sound even more convincing despite the limitations on the archive sizes by essentially using tricks.

One down side I've noticed with the audio engine is that there is no room for "off-load" engine sound samples, instead, when you're "off" the throttle, it just lowers the volume of the original sound sample but not always by enough at times, can this be influenced at all or adjusted? By which I mean, the volume of the sounds when you are OFF the throttle?

I'm guessing it might be hard coded as I was thinking of adding a bassy-er extra sample in the background that runs across the entire range and fade of the RPM range that is always present but has HIGHER volume when you are "off" the throttle, to give the illusion there is an offload sound sample.

However, if you are not able to tell it to adjust the volume of the audio samples directly or tell it to adjust the sample volume when off throttle then, I'll just have to revert to my original method. If I can however...I might be able to make my test example audio, sound even more convincing despite the limitations on the archive sizes by essentially using tricks.
Not possible and wouldn't be enough space anyway, it's just controlled by the engine itself with no real control.

May as well post a teaser for 1.06 while I'm here:

Last edited:
Back