Gran Turismo 6: Kazunori Yamauchi and Jim Ryan on 15 years of GT

Talk to them, ask them what they don't like about you and just try work it out, maybe not make friends, just allow each other to do as they would.

Will really love to, but I'm not sure at this point sadly. :guilty:

Look back in this thread and see who the catalyst was in the above argument. It was you, once again berating those who wanted a PS4 game. I have no personal issue with you, it's just the internet afterall but you just need to ease back on attacking those who don't share the same view. By all means argue the point at hand but not the person themselves.

But I don't want or even attempt to make others share my view though, but I still wish I didn't write that. Like you said, this is the internet afterall. :sly:

Listen to Simon, he knows all about attacking people who didn't share his.

Or grow a thicker skin. If you give it you gotta take it.

Oh I will indeed. And lol, it happened to Samus too? Never knew. :)

I wish those damn PS4 fanboys got this through their thick heads and read this HUNDREDS of times... This is excatly why having GT6 on the PS3 was the just best choice ever, but all they care about is GRAPHICS, UGH....... :rolleyes:

What gives you the right to judge about a big amount of fans who would have liked to see a PS4 version. Graphics are definetly not the only reason, but a weighty one.

Is it really our job, as gamers and consumers, to think about the finances of Sony and PD? Gaming became a business with such a ugly craving after money. There is no art in gaming anymore, beside some indie-titles or some small amount of games. The least thing they could do, would be deliver whatever the gamers want.

I wish I can, but I'm hated apon many people here that I can't BE happy anymore. Makes me angry and want leave... :indiff:

You do nothing but try to create conflicts around here. Insulting people with "fanboys" or "crybabies" is immature, against the AUP and just creates conflicts.

Nobody is mad, if someone has an opinion one way or another. But insulting people and laughing things down is just bad.

I saw that you can argue on a mature level and I would like to see you stop with such things.

Last edited:
...If Jim is not really into motorsports, then it would probably be better if he worked on something else. I've always believed you should have a job that you are passionate about, it increases product quality greatly in my opinion.
His position would have him being responsible for a number of titles, if not all - so GT is just another production figure to him. I thought his words were more profit/demographic orientated and he clearly loves that :sly:

Listen to Simon, he knows all about attacking people who didn't share his...
So I'm not going mad - Samus is Simon. I just thought it was another member who had the same avatar...and posted in a very similar style (with 78% more friendly vibe.)

So, we can change our forum name then? I never knew that. Sorry for the off-topic.

So I'm not going mad - Samus is Simon. I just thought it was another member who had the same avatar...and posted in a very similar style (with 78% more friendly vibe.)

So, we can change our forum name then? I never knew that. Sorry for the off-topic.

All about changing your username. 👍

There is no substitution for absolute quality and obsessive attention to detail. If you do those things you have a far better chance of success. One of the great things about Yamauchi-san is he is completely unswerving in his dedication to making something that’s perfect.

Uh oh, the p-word has shown up again... :nervous: ;)

Uh oh, the p-word has shown up again... :nervous: ;)

Perfection. It is one thing to work on some things to get them high quality (Premium cars, premium tracks) and an other to actually bring a quality level troughout the game that brings it to a perfect completion.

The gaming media just expressed it in ratings in Forza 4 vs GT 5. Forza didnt got the higher ratings, because of better physics, attention to detail or so. It got them for beeing complete and on one quality level. GT5 didnt achieved it and GT6 wont either. Because KY is a perfectionist and he doesnt see the whole picture, from what I read.

If you drive in the night at the Nordschleife in a 380 RS Amuse and you see the five point harness connections when you look back or the view when a 458 turns up at your side. It is all nice and looks perfect, but take a standard on a different, not so good looking track and it is an other, lower quality, game.

Interview from PS Blog.

Kazunori Yamauchi: The main thing that we try to do is to keep improving what’s in front of us. There’s a lot of hard work there, but that’s what we enjoy doing. There’s a lot of fun to be had. I think that if we continue that hard work, something great is going to come out at the end of it. Maybe I’m thinking about it too simply, but that’s the idea.

I just trust in the man that make me smile when i play GT since 2000.
For GT5, i still play after more than 2 years (high dose) with the same enthousiasm. No bad game can do this.
I think we have to stop the blablabla about something that just a few people have played the rough sketch. Let's wait the demo soon and then the game. I remember the difference between GT5 prologue and GT5. It was not a little upgrade but a great evolution, i'm sure it'll be the same with GT6 and i'll still smile for a long long time again.

I know, i'm just a 🤬 optimistic GT addict player, so what ??
:)👍
><(((((°>°°°°°°°°°°°°

Ok - there are things possible on PS4 for a GT game that aren't n the PS3.

-More cars on track
-More ease with lighting and physics engine development
-Higher polygon counts and better texturing
-More advanced physics modeling
-More particles (smoke, rain, debris) on screen
-Advanced damage modeling
-More efficient online structure (due to better Internet hardware)
-Better AI

Most of these COULD be done on the PS3. But that isn't quite the point. All of these features could be implemented on a PS3 game, but the hardware simply wouldn't be able to handle it, at least not at anything more than 720p @30FPS, if even. Only a few would be able to work on the hardware offered on the PS3. It would simply too much to process extra poly's, more detailed textures and lighting, damage, extra particles, better AI, all on a 32 - 64 car grid. THAT'S why many people wanted it on PS4.

Possibly the biggest part, though, is the ease in development. Because of the PS4's simple and friendly architecture, PD can do all of this INCREDIBLY quickly and easily when compared to the the PS3's complex cell architecture. The hardware capabilities plus the ease in development allows PD to do amazing things.

It IS a better idea from an economic standpoint. I understand. But there's SO much possible on PS4, and it's a bit disappointing to have GT6 launch on the Ps3 right when the PS4 comes around.

Despite this, this'll mean PD will have a lot of time to prepare GT for the next generation. I'd anticipate a sequel to be released about 2-3 years after GT6's launch, giving PD a good 5-6 years of time to work on a PS4 iteration (as PD would've known early on about the PS4's specs, since they helped decide on it). The PS4 iterations of GT should be a major breath of fresh air compared to the PS3 iterations.

"Expect perfection".
Seeking perfection is somewhat different than expect perfection quote but see what you want to see Slip.

Because perfection is an unobtainable reality that forever remains as an illusion up to your own interpretation of it?

I hit a hole in one this time last year..... Perfect! I cannot see how that par 3 could have gone any better by anyone's interpretation.

For 20 years I seeked perfection on the field of the sport I used to play professionally. I never expected it though to be fair, but I never once stopped trying.

Seeking perfection is somewhat different than expect perfection quote but see what you want to see Slip.

I was only pointing out my reference from my first post: it wasn't meant to be taken very seriously, hence the wink.

whereas the European market tends over time to go somewhat younger, and somewhat more casual in its nature. That sort of demographic really lends itself to a racing game like GT, which appeals to both sexes and across all ages.

what...

(what he said)
What he said. ;) It's just a few posts up, go read it.

Like I've said a number of times, the potential of Gran Turismo to explode in capacity in all areas on PS4 is why I was disappointed to see it coming to PS3. Having a much more advanced GPU with better than DX11 capacity doesn't just mean a prettier image. It means night lighting that makes you swoon. Most or all cars casting their own headlight beams around the area. Street and course lights which cast realistic illumination and quell shadows realistically. And car finishes with layers of paint modeled true to life - thanks to Griffith 500 for the reminder. Just imagine Photo Mode with this.

Damage potentially like dedicated simulators. Internal components suffer detailed and realistic effects. Debris and fluids on track to avoid. Collisions that look like real life. Tire barriers that disintegrate into individual tires that bounce around realistically.

Car physics of our dreams. Realistic car break-in and wear. Tires deform, wear and heat up differently on different areas. Suspension and brake modeling to the nth degree. Gas sloshes around in tanks and loses weight as its consumed. Different engine placement and drivetrain types behave even more like their real life equivalents. Track conditions that change over time as rubber builds up on the track surface and marbles accumulate.

Time of day transitions that include temperature changes. Weather effects you'd expect to find on a real world track, both rain and snow. Precipitation builds up and dissipates in real time. Puddles form and evaporate, snow forms ruts and wears down. Wind with gusts and directions. Tornadoes that... okay, getting a little carried away here. :D

Gran Turismo on PS4 is going to make GT6 look old. But at the same time, GT6 is not GT5 with a hefty patch. This is a seriously improved sequel, and the team didn't even have to sacrifice 1080p like I thought they would. The Bilstein R8 video almost makes my Nurburgring replays look boring. I have a feeling the GT Academy demo will wow us like the Time Trial Demo did in 2009. This game is gonna rock SO hard...

What he said. ;) It's just a few posts up, go read it.

Like I've said a number of times, the potential of Gran Turismo to explode in capacity in all areas on PS4 is why I was disappointed to see it coming to PS3. Having a much more advanced GPU with better than DX11 capacity doesn't just mean a prettier image. It means night lighting that makes you swoon. Most or all cars casting their own headlight beams around the area. Street and course lights which cast realistic illumination and quell shadows realistically. And car finishes with layers of paint modeled true to life - thanks to Griffith 500 for the reminder. Just imagine Photo Mode with this.

Damage potentially like dedicated simulators. Internal components suffer detailed and realistic effects. Debris and fluids on track to avoid. Collisions that look like real life. Tire barriers that disintegrate into individual tires that bounce around realistically.

Car physics of our dreams. Realistic car break-in and wear. Tires deform, wear and heat up differently on different areas. Suspension and brake modeling to the nth degree. Gas sloshes around in tanks and loses weight as its consumed. Different engine placement and drivetrain types behave even more like their real life equivalents. Track conditions that change over time as rubber builds up on the track surface and marbles accumulate.

Time of day transitions that include temperature changes. Weather effects you'd expect to find on a real world track, both rain and snow. Precipitation builds up and dissipates in real time. Puddles form and evaporate, snow forms ruts and wears down. Wind with gusts and directions. Tornadoes that... okay, getting a little carried away here. :D

Gran Turismo on PS4 is going to make GT6 look old. But at the same time, GT6 is not GT5 with a hefty patch. This is a seriously improved sequel, and the team didn't even have to sacrifice 1080p like I thought they would. The Bilstein R8 video almost makes my Nurburgring replays look boring. I have a feeling the GT Academy demo will wow us like the Time Trial Demo did in 2009. This game is gonna rock SO hard...

I haven't seen many people that agree with me in this aspect... Good to know there's at least one.

I was also hoping it would be on the '4 since my PS3 is dead... But I can just get a new motherboard. And now I've learned I can just expand my HD space with an SD card; which before I thought I'd have to transfer my data to an external drive, and then re-install it onto a bigger (likely ~160GB+ drive)... A long and annoying (not to mention a little pricey) job when crossed with a new board.

I'm not really bothered any more, as there isn't anything that can be done now. The physics improvements are making it worth it, I just hope the AI, A-Spec mode, and customization can back it up. New physics don't have much point unless there's extra gameplay to back it up. I'm hoping I can transfer my save data to my PS4 (plus stream the game, obviously), since I'm likely going to get one early on.

Back