Gran Turismo 7 Engine Swap Compatibility

• Thread starter Famine
  • 5,645 comments
Wow, I’ve never received an engine on a daily roulette and not disappointed about my first!

I know it’s new but has anyone dropped this in the F40 yet? The only (mild) reservation I have about swapping now is the potential of another compatible car being added in future updates. I currently have 2 F40s & 2 Enzo’s (700 pp & 800 pp for each) and really like all 4 of them with modified factory engines. Curious if the swapped F40 is essentially a 30 year-old Enzo or superior enough to justify using now. My practical & responsible self says to wait, however it is very provocative!

Thoughts?
I dropped mine in and it's fine and I am by no means an expert at tuning. All I've done is add the engine and some body mods that came with the livery style I download. It's a little squirly under heavy braking but I am sure with even a half decent set up or some other upgrades that could be easily resolved. Won a few 700pp events with it easily enough.

Last edited:
Wow, I’ve never received an engine on a daily roulette and not disappointed about my first!

I know it’s new but has anyone dropped this in the F40 yet? The only (mild) reservation I have about swapping now is the potential of another compatible car being added in future updates. I currently have 2 F40s & 2 Enzo’s (700 pp & 800 pp for each) and really like all 4 of them with modified factory engines. Curious if the swapped F40 is essentially a 30 year-old Enzo or superior enough to justify using now. My practical & responsible self says to wait, however it is very provocative!

Thoughts?
First, congrats :cheers:

Saving my Ferrari motors in hopes of a 308/Dino/512/Daytona swap in the future.

I can't swap out that TTV8 F40 motor, it's so lovely built up.

this just happened to abarth 595 k20 swapped.
0B364CAD-E2C7-4BFC-A033-163D503CA7FC.jpeg

No. If its already "saved"/opened and you have made it back to your car in garage; its yours.

As stated by these poor souls that have been let down for months-

You  CAN open tickets and close app to "retry" after one or multiple tickets but only if you stay in the prize log screen. (Screen that shows all tickets- you click ok after 'recieved", its owned)

I'm doing this, but every time I retry it shows the same engine. I keep getting 458 engine, already done the 4c swap so it's useless for me now. Do I have to wait for a new day for the ticket outcome to change or am I stuck forever reopening the 458 until it expires?

I'm doing this, but every time I retry it shows the same engine. I keep getting 458 engine, already done the 4c swap so it's useless for me now. Do I have to wait for a new day for the ticket outcome to change or am I stuck forever reopening the 458 until it expires?
The tickets don't change until a game update, that's what he's refering to. So if an update came out tomorrow with new engine swaps, you'd probably have something different when you check then.

Last edited:
The tickets don't change until a game update, that's what he's refering to. So if an update came out tomorrow with new engine swaps, you'd probably have something different when you check then.
Ahk thanks for that. Here's to hopefully a new update before Feb xD

Hey All,

Do we have any up-to-date information regarding the dates of the next updates?? I had first heard possibly a mini patch for Dec 23/24 for the Ferrari VGT to sell at BC, for the those that missed the early release of it in 1.27 from Viewers Challenge Questions. If there’s any truth to this, would a small patch affect any rewards of reopened tickets or would that only happen in the January Update?

Even more recent, I’ve heard there many not be an update until possibly even the end of January?? Although I have the early VGT, I was under impression we were just getting it a week or two before others.

** I’m trying to I to maximize the potential of my remaining tickets and those still uncollected from cafe for engine swaps. I’ve held off collecting some from the cafe to push the date back. Ideally, I’d like to open, retry some for Dec 24? while hopefully having enough time to try again in January release**

What’s the most current information & consensus on this topic??

As always, thanks again everyone for all your help, It’s much appreciated

Last edited:
Hey All,

Do we have any up-to-date information regarding the dates of the next updates?? I had first heard possibly a mini patch for Dec 23/24 for the Ferrari VGT to sell at BC, for the those that missed the early release of it in 1.27 from Viewers Challenge Questions. If there’s any truth to this, would a small patch affect any rewards of reopened tickets or would that only happen in the January Update?

Even more recent, I’ve heard there many not be an update until possibly even the end of January?? Although I have the early VGT, I was under impression we were just getting it a week or two before others.

** I’m trying to I to maximize the potential of my remaining tickets and those still uncollected from cafe for engine swaps. I’ve held off collecting some from the cafe to push the date back. Ideally, I’d like to open, retry some for Dec 24? while hopefully having enough time to try again in January release**

What’s the most current information & consensus on this topic??

As always, thanks again everyone for all your help, It’s much appreciated
They were doing last Thursday but last few have been earlier; (20th, 15th)

Figure last Thursday of the month at latest.

And remember, rewards only change when more prizes are added to the "pool". ( like oct. We got no new engines, so engine ticket rewards didn't change.

You can sit on extra menu rewards, but daily rewards and anything with an expiration date, you get 30 days!

Hey All,

In addition to what @lqpl said, the Ferrari VGT is now available for purchase as it just hit midnight 12/23 in Tokyo...without any game update.

They were doing last Thursday but last few have been earlier; (20th, 15th)

Figure last Thursday of the month at latest.

And remember, rewards only change when more prizes are added to the "pool". ( like oct. We got no new engines, so engine ticket rewards didn't change.

You can sit on extra menu rewards, but daily rewards and anything with an expiration date, you get 30 days!
Interesting. So does a lack of certain content also affect reopening other tickets like 6* parts, invitation or car rewards? And yeah, unfortunately I lost my first ticket the other day, it became inactive a couple hours earlier, even though was the right day.

Eggstor: It’s funny you mention that, right after reading your message I just opened the game back up (have already been on today) and got the message about the Ferrari on Home screen. I wonder if it was included in the last update and it’s just something they “activate” like events. So is December likely finished and are we waiting for a January update now?

Ejecuté mis dos intercambios más nuevos en cada cuenta, domesticé un poco el Jeep al agregar el cuerpo ancho. Casi el mismo tiempo de TT que el Golf, uno gira mucho y el otro no lo suficiente, jejeje. [ADJUNTAR=completo]1217793[/ADJUNTAR][ADJUNTAR=completo]1217794[/ADJUNTAR]
Hello: Can you help me to configure the gearbox of the Volkswagen GTI, with swapped engine. I'm not right with the marches. thank you

Hello: Can you help me to configure the gearbox of the Volkswagen GTI, with swapped engine. I'm not right with the marches. thank you
To get it at 699pp I have the Manual Customizable transmission and the semi-racing clutch, not the racing items.
The top speed is at 200 and the final is 2.865, ends up a little over 200mph on the long straights. I generally don't touch individual gears unless they are a really bad match out of a corner.

Interesting. So does a lack of certain content also affect reopening other tickets like 6* parts, invitation or car rewards?
You do have a chance of better rewards once you get your collector level up. Once you hit lvl 50, your worst ticket is a 3 star daily reward, but usually 4star for the most part. Once a month or so you get a good 5/6 star daily. Its 10-30k almost every day.. so sad.

Invitations may change to another manufacturer invite, but theres only a few.

Other 6* star rewards; parts/cars-
Parts stay the same usually.

Say you get titanium rods for zr1, you can try next update for the same titanium rod reward-
But it may change to a different vehicle, like the nismo.

Its really a gamble, if your willing to sacrifice a valuable component that cannot be purchased for a chance of something "better".
(friend ultra turb for Bugatti went to a S cam for Aston one time..)

As far as cars-
They will change, but remain in the same price/value bracket. (Gr4 car remains similar valued gr4 prize, exotic million dollar super car may go from Bugatti veyron to Lamborghini Veneno.)

And once again- this only happens when new items are added to the prize pool. They have NOT added engines 1 update, and may NOT add any new S" parts in a future update. Soon as we log all this and figure their cycle, KaZ switches it up!

Credit/gold rewards will never change-
You will get 10k credits no matter what they change in an update.

Did anyone else find that with the k20C1 arbarth there was a PP glitch on sport soft tyres, wouldn't show any value just an exclamation symbol, so couldn't enter PP restricted races. But then yesterday it was fine.

I wonder between this and a couple of other comments here if there has been a mini server side update?

P.S now the glitch is happening with Race Medium and Soft tyres.

Last edited:
Why is your obsession flexing?

It is a fun way to change the dynamics of a car. Some are silly, like the Hellcat in the Jeep - in which case it's more for funsies than for events or races (except with friends).

Others are really helpful - so, for example, the RX8 with 787B engine in it. Can be tuned to 600pp for the Tokyo WTC event and it bosses it based on the fuel consumption. Great for offline racing.

Some cars are crying out for more power than they can get.

The one thing I will say, the people who swap engines and then just try to get the max speed out of them I don't understand, but that's up to them. I enjoy swapping an engine in to a car and then find the right balance of power and drivability. Sure you can make some cars ~900pp, but they drive like ass.

RX8 is the better handling car of the two.
Hi brother, from what I've read you seem clued on the engine swaps, do u have a link for what engines can go where, ive been lucky with the roulette as i have 8 engine with only 1 being a double so 7 really. But have no clue where I can stick them.
Appreciate any help.

Hi brother, from what I've read you seem clued on the engine swaps, do u have a link for what engines can go where, ive been lucky with the roulette as i have 8 engine with only 1 being a double so 7 really. But have no clue where I can stick them.
Appreciate any help.
Go to the first page of this thread, the entire list is there. The very first post get’s updated every time something is added

Last edited:
Back