Gran Turismo 7 Game Update is Coming Next Week, With Three New Cars

• Thread starter notarjy
  • 137 comments
Months without an update, and when we finally get one it’s complete ****.
Pretty bad in terms of cars, but if it's added with good physics update and great races (endurances...), it can makes a solid update.
The main problem in this game is definitly not the carlist even though it can be greatly improved.

Hey Kaz!

1000015105.jpg

Very uninspiring selection, especially after two months of nothing. Then again, I'm not the biggest fan of meme cars, Lancer Evos and GTRs so I'm obviously being biased.

Well, here's hoping they'll at least remove the invitation system, or maybe update the Suzuka logo.

Spoiler alert: They won't.

So:

• A non-ambulance version of a car already in the game,
  • Another Evo based on the 8th gen Lancer
  • Another R35

All that after over 2 months. They really do find new lows with each update. Any of these would've been fine as an addition to 2 more interesting cars in an update, but to have an update full of cars that bring nothing new to the game is just incredible.

So, if we're really getting the Takumi Edition, is there anything different about this model compared to the other R35s (leaving aside the Midnight Purple paintwork and Nismo alloys and disc brakes) Any increase in hp, for instance?

Here you have some info about the Takumi edition

If you’re expecting massive changes or “big” updates to a game that’s over 2.5years old, then I think the problem lies with your expectations being unrealistic instead of with the developer.

The way some of you are reacting this late into the games life cycle is really showing up your lack of critical thinking.

Here you have some info about the Takumi edition

Thanks for the info. I must say, it really does look stunning and is different enough from the standard MY17 R35 to be a nice addition to the game. Really can't complain too much, particularly since it's a free update.

If you’re expecting massive changes or “big” updates to a game that’s over 2.5years old, then I think the problem lies with your expectations being unrealistic instead of with the developer.

The way some of you are reacting this late into the games life cycle is really showing up your lack of critical thinking.
This. Even number GT's (2,4,6) have always been the fully fleshed out versions of the initial game per generation. If this pattern holds true, GT8 should be a masterpiece and I'd bet at this point they are creating and holding back a lot of content for its release. I'm sure GT7 will get a few more goodies but its due time to lower expectations on these updates.

Not going to comment on this update to much because I’m going to get banned… 😅.
There are so many cars we need in this game like new GT3 cars or really new road cars to this franchise that would make it the perfect game… but nah we geht this stuff. Medical car, vans, VGT’s and cars that we already have but with an other sticker. Cmon…. I love this game and that’s why it hurts to see that. I’ll rather pay for good addons instead of having that crap going on.

Can’t really agree considering we got absolutely drastic physics changes just recently.
I think it’s hard to predict anything with PD and that’s kind of the fun of it.

For example, Mitsubishi in GT7 is begging for another generation of the GTO, or the comeback of the FTO, and many others, and yet they add another Evo.
I agree although I don’t mind the Evolution lineup getting fleshed out.

Minor nitpick, the GTO only ever had one generation. It went through various facelifts, but fundamentally it was always the same car only with some mechanical differences over the years. The one already in GT7 was the most technologically advanced with four wheel steering and active aero, but it wasn’t necessarily the most capable nor the best looking version.
Then again, I'm not the biggest fan of meme cars, Lancer Evos and GTRs so I'm obviously being biased.
Meme cars? Harsh label to put on cars having left their mark in motorsports history.

Load of nonsense. The previous content update was significant.
Not going to comment on this update to much because I’m going to get banned… 😅.
Wow, you must be boiling quite hard then.

Last edited:
Back