Gran Turismo 7 Game Update is Coming October 3, With Three New Cars

• Thread starter notarjy
  • 220 comments
I think the cars added now could have been hold off to drop maybe next month instead with bigger update alongside other cars, would proably get less negative feedback as well from the community.
Less from what level of negativity? It'll never matter. Content, fixes, anything. Even when we got newer cars there was still negativity. I mean the last update had negativity.
Eiger could have been pushed back. The Ruf pushed back. The Ferrari and Lamborghini pushed back to a "bigger" content update and that wouldn't lessen negativity. It is what it is.

If we are getting the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII, I hope I can replicate the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Super Rally Car '03 from GT4-GT6, especially with the wing from that car.

1727740909968.png

1727740887658.png

Ho hum, I'm somewhat underwhelmed by this update but you can't win them all I guess
No, you can't. But we can enjoy what PD provides for us in each update. The main thing I want is new cars, places where we can take photos with our purchased cars and to see new tracks. That's pretty much it.

Last edited:
It all adds up. The power to weight ratio is already bad enough with many cars from the mid 2000s. During those years cars started to become considerably heavier because safety and tech evolved fast, but extensive use of lightweight materials wasn’t catching up until some years later. I hate heavy cars no matter how much power there is to compensate.
It could have been worse, they (Evo IX) aren't that heavy anyway

It could have been worse, they (Evo IX) aren't that heavy anyway
The Evoution VII, VIII, IX and X especially are considerably heavier than the VI and earlier models. The same is true for the WRX STI family of cars with newer being fatter. Again, modern safety equipment and advanced technology escalated fast during this era. It’s felt on the circuit because weight ultimately impacts the driving experience.

You might find yourself enjoying the Evolution IX because it’s fast and fun, which I’m not trying to say it isn’t. However, now switch to Evolution IV and notice how pure it feels in comparision despite having slightly less power. That’s lower weight and smaller size doing the talking. So, I’ll take sedan body Evolution VIII over wagon any day.

Last edited:
The Evoution VII, VIII, IX and X especially are considerably heavier than the VI and earlier models. The same is true for the WRX STI family of cars with newer being fatter. Again, modern safety equipment and advanced technology escalated fast during this era. It’s felt on the circuit because weight ultimately impacts the driving experience.

You might find yourself enjoying the Evolution IX because it’s fast and fun, which I’m not trying to say it isn’t. However, now switch to Evolution IV and notice how pure it feels in comparision despite having slightly less power. That’s lower weight and smaller size doing the talking. So, I’ll take sedan body Evolution VIII over wagon any day.
Yeah, true, but all cars have become clearer over time unfortunately. However, 20 kg doesn't feel like much anyway, it would have been a different matter if it had been 200 kg. But I understand what you're thinking.

He is in fact wrong because, well:

:rolleyes:
Let me know when we get 12 cars in an update with the latest GT3 grid and 3 tracks as per most of the prediction/wishlist posts people are showing here…

Yeah 7 poo emojis out of 25 reactions must mean I’m wrong…

Last edited:
Let me know when we get 12 cars in an update with the latest GT3 grid and 3 tracks as per most of the prediction/wishlist posts people are showing here…
Well it's safe to say those people aren't participating in prediction but in fact delusion. :lol:

Nobody in their right mind actually expects 10+ cars and multiple tracks, but it is an established pattern that we'll get two larger updates that contain a track per year. It's entirely possible that PD are saving some big guns for the Pro update in November.

Back