Gran Turismo 7 Game Update is Coming October 3, With Three New Cars

• Thread starter notarjy
  • 333 comments
Did the Evolution VIII MR GSR really come with a black carbon rear wing? I thought that was an MR RS thing.

i1OstIFfHIFjIW.jpg

I’ve looked up pictures of the VIII MR GSR but I can only find die cast models and old school Gran Turismo images.
Well, no. I think. The USDM MR's wing was painted on the sides (on the outside, the inside you could see carbon fiber) just like the standard VIII, the horizontal portion was left bare carbon fiber. It looked great and offset really nicely. As far as I am aware the JDM was the same.

I am not sure what you mean by "MR RS thing." The RS was a stripped down version of the car and it didn't have a wing at all.

You'd hope so considering the Evos are the most broken and they're adding a new Evo.

Yeah..

I mean, its either fixed or this will be one of the least self aware patches in the games history.

..then again..force feedback on the faster cars has caused massive oscillations since 1.49 and they decided it was a good time to bring back gr2 to the daily races so who know’s what kind of drugs they’re doing over at pd… 🤷‍♂️

Tuck-us-in update 1.52, incremental update to fill the game up with cars the game should have come with from the start....
Here is now hoping for a bigger bang update 1.53 early next month November (as the real October update).

And if we are nice boys and girls, maybe Santa Kaz will bring another Banger update 1.55 at the end of the year.

The small update 1.54 at the end of November will be to fix issues from the 1.53

Haha no way we’re getting a HiAce - one of only a few vehicles I’ve ever been in. Most of the wheelchair friendly maxi taxis in Melbourne are HiAces with higher roofs so I’m extremely familiar with them. I can therefore confirm that the seatbelts are in the right spots. The seating arrangement obviously isn’t the same but all the mechanicals are so I’m interested to know what it feels like.

Last edited:
@Famine Small correction to your article. The menu seems to require the 2011 R18 TDI, not the 2016 e-tron. You did manage to get the credits value for the correct car though 😄

Well, no. I think. The USDM MR's wing was painted on the sides (on the outside, the inside you could see carbon fiber) just like the standard VIII, the horizontal portion was left bare carbon fiber. It looked great and offset really nicely. As far as I am aware the JDM was the same.
So any idea why the JDM version coming to GT7 has a rear wing that’s black on the sides? The wing is also entirely black in GT6 btw.
I am not sure what you mean by "MR RS thing." The RS was a stripped down version of the car and it didn't have a wing at all.
I’m not talking about the regular RS. I’m talking about the MR RS, and it did have a rear wing (apparently some being entirely black and some painted on the sides). Maybe the wing colour was an option on both the MR RS and MR GSR. No idea though and difficult to confirm.

Last edited:
So any idea why the JDM version coming to GT7 has a rear wing that’s black on the sides? The wing is also entirely black in GT6 btw.

I’m not talking about the regular RS. I’m talking about the MR RS, and it did have a rear wing (apparently some being entirely black and some painted on the sides). Maybe the wing colour was an option on both the MR RS and MR GSR. No idea though and difficult to confirm.
Honestly, I do not know.
Stoked for the Evo; my fav of all the Evos. I was looking at getting one in '04, but opted for the cheaper Civic instead.

Jerome
Sorry to hear that. :dopey:

Last edited:
I’m curious to see the performance (if any) differences between the VIII and the IX.

I like the GT-R but probably not going to be an absolute standout for me in GT7.

The van on the other hand has some interesting potential - perhaps I (or someone) should make a NASCAR style custom race calling it like “NASVAN” or something like that.

Very excited for the Evo VIII. Back in high school that and the '04/'05 Subaru STI (which I was happy to see added to the game too) were dream cars and I made it a goal to own both. Got the STI eventually but the Evos were always harder to find and more expensive, part of me wishes I got the Evo over the STI though.

Back