Gran Turismo 7 Game Update is Coming October 3, With Three New Cars

• Thread starter notarjy
  • 425 comments
Did the Evolution VIII MR GSR really come with a black carbon rear wing? I thought that was an MR RS thing.

i1OstIFfHIFjIW.jpg

I’ve looked up pictures of the VIII MR GSR but I can only find die cast models and old school Gran Turismo images.
I can confirm as the owner of a JDM Evo VIII MR GSR, the wing stands on the MR GSRs comes in Eisen Grey (not black) with an exposed carbon wing blade as factory, pic of mine for reference:
PC300203.jpg

The BBS wheels also seen on the 9 and 9MR were an option that could be picked for the 8MR, otherwise the enkei 6 spokes from the 8 GSR were the default.

Last edited:
Don’t forget the Black Edition ‘12, Black Mask ‘07 and the NISMO ‘14 - all from GT6 (Black Mask from GT5) 😄
Only the '07, SpecV, and the Black Edition '12 is needed.

NISMO has been replaced by the '17 variant.

Think GT gotta show the progression of a car, including GT-R variants and Lancer Evo variants (the only game that has all Evo from I to X). Seeing how the GT-R went from 480hp to now 600hp (with something like Black Edition being middle of 542hp).

Last edited:
I’m curious to see the performance (if any) differences between the VIII and the IX.

I like the GT-R but probably not going to be an absolute standout for me in GT7.

The van on the other hand has some interesting potential - perhaps I (or someone) should make a NASCAR style custom race calling it like “NASVAN” or something like that.
Yes, I'm creating the "Courier Cup" , FedEx, Amazon etc liveries. Gonna be a cracker.
I'm a sucker for Evo's and GT-R's so I'm happy. Free is good.

I'm concerned the custom windshield banner canvas for the new Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII MR GSR will not have enough room to fit the LinelTex and Mitsubishi logos like the Evolution IX. I think I will replicate the regular non-MR Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII GSR '03 from GT4 in all the colors it came in originally (Medium Purple Mica might be difficult) when the car comes to GT7

Last edited:
On their own, the cars are nice additions. As a group, couple with some scapes, and two whole Sophy races I’d say this update is less than the sum of its parts. Nothing to hate, nothing to get excited about.

It begs the question though - where is this game going?

Previous titles had quirky events (I loved the moon) while now we just get quirky cars as an afterthought. No disrespect to the HiAce, but as someone said before, a delivery race would be hilarious, and feel like a thing that we could have fun with. Just adding a HiAce on its own is lazy.

Last edited:
I can confirm as the owner of a JDM Evo VIII MR GSR, the wing stands on the MR GSRs comes in Eisen Grey (not black) with an exposed carbon wing blade as factory, pic of mine for reference:View attachment 1393890

The BBS wheels also seen on the 9 and 9MR were an option that could be picked for the 8MR, otherwise the enkei 6 spokes from the 8 GSR were the default.
These wheels were in the GT4-GT6 Evo VIII MR. I wish PD would keep them for GT7, it looks so much nicer. Plus, it would look a little less similar to the stock Evo IX MR already in the game.

Last edited:
i13ZQBGcAros0W.jpg

What exactly is going on with this interior? It looks like someone installed a screen on a dashboard from 1981.
The low-poly dials are odd. Perhaps the rest of the interior eats into the budget? Doesn’t seem massively more intensive than other cars, though, plus this is a marketing shot where real time performance isn’t important, and usually the dials are all really rounded in the promo shots. Wrong LOD setting perhaps? Can’t imagine this is the maximum model quality.

Last edited:
The low-poly dials are odd. Perhaps the rest of the interior eats into the budget? Doesn’t seem massively more intensive than other cars, though, plus this is a marketing shot where real time performance isn’t important, and usually the dials are all really rounded in the promo shots. Wrong LOD setting perhaps? Can’t imagine this is the maximum model quality.
Graphical details are one thing, but the whole thing just looks weird to me.

The inclusion of the GT-R T-Spec in this update makes a lot of sense considering it's history with GT. I think it needs a eulogy of some kind because it really is the end of the line.

Where do we even begin with you? As a car with such expectations to live up to, your work was cut out from the very day you were born. The GT-R badge had become one of the most famous in the world, thanks to some clever engineering and race track heroics against some of the most fearsome sports cars in Japan. Nissan knew that your development would be a tough task. Living up to a legend is not easy but with dogged determination, there was a chance that the GT-R badge could shock the world again. For many years we saw your continued growth through Gran Turismo as Nissan slowly but surely refined each detail. After it was all said and done in 2007, you shined brighter than anything else and upstaged the big dogs at the top end of town. People went mad for you. You became a source of inspiration for soo many, because your parents put soo much care into your development. You showed the world that performance shouldn't come at a giant cost, and for several years you sat in the front of our minds. However as the competition moved on, you began to slow down a bit. People started to laugh at you, they started calling you a dead horse and doubters increased as you dropped away. Fortunately, Nissan did not give up on you. You were one of their favourite sons and your long life has been a testament to Nissan's dedication. As we bid farewell here today, we remember the good times you gave us. We remember all of your many brothers and sisters who took on the world. We remember those days and nights where we danced together, not giving a damn about who or what was around. Your were soo pure yet soo fiercely competitive. That fire always raged inside of you and for that, I'm especially thankful. Goodbye R35 GT-R, you will be missed but you'll never be forgotten.

The following cars are now compatible with Engine Swaps (Unlocked at Collector Level 50):
 ・Mazda Roadster NR-A (ND) '22
 ・Mazda Roadster Touring Car
 ・Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Final Edition '15
 ・Mitsubishi GTO Twin Turbo '91
 ・Nissan Silvia Q's (S13) '88
 ・Nissan Silvia spec-R Aero (S15) Touring Car
 ・Toyota 86 Gr.4
 ・Toyota 86 GRMN '16
 ・Toyota 86 GT '15
 ・Toyota Hiace Van DX '16

Release notes. Physics tweaks, engine swap for the van on day1

Hold up. Didn’t someone ask the question about cars receiving two different engine swaps? Unless it’s a glitch or I’m missing something. The Silvia Q’s and Touring Car already have engine swap options.

6. GT Auto
- Maintenance & Service
The following cars are now compatible with Engine Swaps (Unlocked at Collector Level 50):
 ・Mazda Roadster NR-A (ND) '22
 ・Mazda Roadster Touring Car
 ・Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Final Edition '15
 ・Mitsubishi GTO Twin Turbo '91
 ・Nissan Silvia Q's (S13) '88
 ・Nissan Silvia spec-R Aero (S15) Touring Car
 ・Toyota 86 Gr.4
 ・Toyota 86 GRMN '16
 ・Toyota 86 GT '15
 ・Toyota Hiace Van DX '16

Last edited:
Back