Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 41,986 comments
Well, I can say this, I did a couple runs on Hypercar Parade today and I managed to record part of one of my runs and uploaded it to YouTube. I to be honest really like this event.

How do you all think I handled this custom RUF RGT 4.2 '16 on Trial Mountain?

Here's the video I recorded of that run:

I enjoy doing these

Last edited:
Bad news
IMG_3714.JPG

This is not the Porsche 550 Spyder that PD scanned.

So last night, I noticed something: When I went into livery editor, I noticed only any liveries I shared for Race cars showed up (Except the GR.2 ones interestingly, which I know I shared plenty of). Not a single Road car livery showed up, which I shared tons of. Unsure as to why that is and if anyone else had that happen

So last night, I noticed something: When I went into livery editor, I noticed only any liveries I shared for Race cars showed up (Except the GR.2 ones interestingly, which I know I shared plenty of). Not a single Road car livery showed up, which I shared tons of. Unsure as to why that is and if anyone else had that happen
When I did a custom race at Tokyo Expressway - East Counterclockwise, with the AI cars being used from the WTC 700 cars, except most of them had custom liveries of mine, the Ferrari 458 Italia Gr.4's livery I made didn't load and I had to reenter the race to fix the issue, the first time something like that happened to me I believe?

Last edited:
I didn't come into this thread today to post this, but I got blown away when wandering around the corner from where I live and I saw this beauty...

IMG_20240803_235114.jpg

After seeing several McLarens, a brand new 911 GT3 (complete with massive Wang), a hideously tuned and modified Urus and at least 3 Huracáns, I think it's time I re-evaluated what reality I expect from my local neighborhood...

(The Spyder takes the biscuit though, and there was a Chiron parked in the same spot last week)

Last edited:
GT7 was the #19 most played PS5/PS4 title for the week ending Sunday, July 28th.

Chart compiled using gameplay data from over 3.1 million active PlayStation accounts (not just TrueTrophies accounts). Chart information is copyright GameInsights. Regarding this data:
  • When an account opens a game, this is registered as a game being played. Accounts can only register a game once per week.
  • Our data is good for suggesting general trends — we represent this using percentages, not numbers.

I'm currently fastest in the world for the pit in or stay out mission at Tsukuba. With the new physics making tire wear worse the Escudo isn't the dominant car anymore. It's the engine swapped Jimny with an Escudo livery.

The tune is at the end and weather seems to be random each attempt so between someone managing tire wear better and getting more luck with weather I'm sure people will beat my time.

I'm currently fastest in the world for the pit in or stay out mission at Tsukuba. With the new physics making tire wear worse the Escudo isn't the dominant car anymore. It's the engine swapped Jimny with an Escudo livery.

The tune is at the end and weather seems to be random each attempt so between someone managing tire wear better and getting more luck with weather I'm sure people will beat my time.

It's lovely to see someone really taking the new physics to the test room and hammering out the SP content which I'd imagine most have completed a very long time ago... I really wish PD would sweeten any fundamental gameplay changes by resetting our progress and letting us win the completion rewards for that part of the game over again.

It's basically a new ballgame anyway, right!

Can't say for certain yet that it will be fixed. It's like when they were trying to fix the performance point calculation exploits. Someone might find a new way to do it after the patch still

Update
08/07/2024
Update Details (1.50)

A new update for Gran Turismo 7 has been released. The following is a list of adjustments introduced.
Improvements and Adjustments
1. Car Settings
 - Improvements to an issue where cars leap into the air if certain values are applied in specific settings.

Thank you for your support and please continue to enjoy Gran Turismo 7!

Last edited:
Update
08/07/2024
Update Details (1.50)

A new update for Gran Turismo 7 has been released. The following is a list of adjustments introduced.
Improvements and Adjustments
1. Car Settings
 - Improvements to an issue where cars leap into the air if certain values are applied in specific settings.

Thank you for your support and please continue to enjoy Gran Turismo 7!
Found a before & after video for those interested:

Last edited:
Pardon my stupidity, but I just now found out that one of the custom vehicles I made (if equipped with Racing Tires) now pits for rain tires. Has it always been like this, and I didn't realize they actually pit in instead of ignoring it regardless of how wet the track is?

(Photo in question: Alfa Romeo Giulia GTAM '20, the car doesn't come with Racing Tires stock but I fitted them on, and they are actually using one of the rain tires)
Gran Turismo® 7_20240807172459.jpg

why this figure in particular ? if you know.
2^32 / 1000

2^32 is the maximum value of a number in most software by default, as it's the biggest thing that fits in 4 bytes. Going over this maximum usually causes the number to reset to 0.
GT7 probably measures collector points as fractions of a thousandth, which is why it's divided by 1000.

Whenever you see something break in software around 4.3 million/billion (or 2.15 in case the number supports negative values) this is usually the reason.

2^32 / 1000

2^32 is the maximum value of a number in most software by default, as it's the biggest thing that fits in 4 bytes. Going over this maximum usually causes the number to reset to 0.
GT7 probably measures collector points as fractions of a thousandth, which is why it's divided by 1000.

Whenever you see something break in software around 4.3 million/billion (or 2.15 in case the number supports negative values) this is usually the reason.
yep, I was thinking about something like that but when I looked up the max integer for 32bit, I found 4 billions, did not thought about dividing by 1000 😅

Back