Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 40,750 comments
That's significantly more positive than I would have expected. They made a profit in a financial year where they didn't put a game out - in the current game development environment where studios are dying left and right even when they do put a game out, that is really good going.
Am I missing something here?

These accounts are for the running of the studio, not the performance of GT7. The title remains a consistent top 20 seller and will be generating tens of millions in profit. Those profits will be registered by Sony who are the publisher.

These accounts are for the running of the studio, not the performance of GT7. The title remains a consistent top 20 seller and will be generating tens of millions in profit. Those profits will be registered by Sony who are the publisher.
No?

Nice i expect a good update now considering they will showcase it next weekend, and if we had to wait 2 weeks longer than normal to get a larger update would be worth it, wonder if we see another sophy upgrade.

Question is those the update drop the same day as the live event, excited to watch it now.

Now i think a new track is very possible.
Maybe they just want a better audience for the GTWS but the update in itself won't be anything special.

Also, they may try to avoid any bug introduced by a new patch during the event by delaying it.

Pretty much every report and comment I’ve seen online about these accounts has been spun as terrible news. As if GT7 generated just £2m profit for the entire financial year.

People don’t seem to realise PD are an independent business within Sony Studios and revenue generated from GT7 is taken by the publisher.

No, I was the one missing something, my apologies.

Upon reflection it mostly just means that Sony are funding the studio accurately.

Alfa_Romeo_Montreal.PNG

Been interacting with Will, who did the 2023 GTWS Showdown Manufactures Cup…I’m not sure it’s going to be good if he’s saying this. I initially said “This has to be something significant if it’s being unveiled at GTWS, Circuit Gilles Villeneuve surely in this update…DARE I dream and say some proper modern race cars at last?” Then he replied with the first reply…be your own judge.
No shocker that Whitelegge himself is already being a maungy doomposter on the internet. Next up you'll be telling me it's June 27th.

No shocker that Whitelegge himself is already being a maungy doomposter on the internet. Next up you'll be telling me it's June 27th.
Thanks mate that’s me…and if I wanna be a doomposter I will be. You want information? There it is, next time I won’t give it you and let you be disappointed there and then. Absolute 🔔🔚

Last edited:
How do you have tickets worth worth 1.8M credits and 1M credits though? If you do, just redeem the tickets and the credits are yours until you spend them.
Because my credits are maxed at 100M. Credits won through gameplay wont go above 100M.
So I hold the tickets won through out the month and wait for the new update.
When the new update comes, I buy all the new cars, parts and engine swaps available, and then pay for all of it with the tickets I was holding.
But the tickets expire after 1 month.

Last edited:
Thanks mate that’s me…and if I wanna be a doomposter I will be. You want information? There it is, next time I won’t give it you and let you be disappointed there and then.
I have the information, I know what is coming - that is why it is extra funny to see you (hi!) doing this..... yet again!

I think fans of Gran Turismo are going to be very happy with the update.

Because my credits are maxed at 100M. Credits won through gameplay wont go above 100M.
So I hold the tickets won through out the month and wait for the new update.
When the new update comes, I buy all the new cars, parts and engine swaps available, and then pay for all of it with the tickets I was holding.
But the tickets expire after 1 month.

It's a racing game, not a banking simulator.

Back